You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Either way I wouldn't expect to see any serious investors in the directors box until they have acquired the club.

I think it would be pretty usual for someone given exclusivity to attend games as a guest of the owners so that wouldn't surprise me, but whoever does (or has) got that status would do well to stay away until he had acquired the club. There are no points to be scored with the Liverpool fans by appearing to chum up with that pair of cunts.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The absence of any prospective buyers in the Liverpool directors' box this afternoon raises the prospect of the club's unpopular owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett remaining in place for the season.

A club statement released on Friday talking of 'proposed bids' rather than actual bids signalled increasing pessimism that the club will not be sold by October, when the Americans are due to repay £237million in loans to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

So far, speculation about interest from four different parties, including Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi and Chinese investor Kenny Huang, has amounted to nothing.

Significantly, none of the proposals met chairman Martin Broughton's or managing director Christian Purslow's insistence that new owners have to deliver investment on players and a new stadium.

None of the groups linked with a takeover have asked to attend the opening game against Arsenal at Anfield, and Hicks and Gillett are believed to both be in America this weekend.

The RBS may have to renegotiate Hicks' and Gillett's loans in October if the club is not sold. The only alternative would be to take over the club if the debt is not paid, which would be highly unpopular if it led to a points deduction for the club.

A statement released on the club's official website tried to lower expectations of a quick sale. It read: 'The Liverpool FC board has reviewed a number of proposed bids for the club. The board will continue to act in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and its supporters, doing all that it can to ensure that the club is ultimately sold to a buyer who has the resources and real commitment to give it a long-term, stable and secure funding position for its plans.

'The sale process is continuing. However, its timing and outcome remain uncertain.'

Read more: Liverpool owners Hicks and Gillett in no hurry to quit Anfield | Mail Online

Thats much more my take on the situation

It may not get left on the books but it will have to be paid and that diverts cash away from investing in something useful like players or stadiums.

BTW I hope you are right about this time, but I'll be honest the calibre of the investors that Barcap and Broughton have been able to dig up is way below my expectations. In fact I'm not even sure they've identified anyone new have they? All the bidders have been in touch before.

From what I know (and it ain't much) - they have been in dialogue with a lot of 'interested parties' but at least in some cases it hasn't got that much further than prospectus changing hands. I think the process as outlined by Broughton has at least brought a bit of structure and rigour to the dialogue and hopefully has resulted in discussions with parties who can deliver. If there is really no other interest out there, then sadly, we are where we are. I'm optimistic that there is a suitable and serious bidder in the frame. I wouldn't get too hung up about the identity of those fronting the potential investors, any more than I would reject a player because I didn't much care for the look of his agent. I don't believe they'll play anything like a major role once any transaction goes through. I could be wrong though. Look how badly I fucked up re Crouch! :)

From what I know (and it ain't much) - they have been in dialogue with a lot of 'interested parties' but at least in some cases it hasn't got that much further than prospectus changing hands. I think the process as outlined by Broughton has at least brought a bit of structure and rigour to the dialogue and hopefully has resulted in discussions with parties who can deliver. If there is really no other interest out there, then sadly, we are where we are. I'm optimistic that there is a suitable and serious bidder in the frame. I wouldn't get too hung up about the identity of those fronting the potential investors, any more than I would reject a player because I didn't much care for the look of his agent. I don't believe they'll play anything like a major role once any transaction goes through. I could be wrong though. Look how badly I fucked up re Crouch! :)

The real problem is no one with any sense wants to buy us even at the rock bottom price.

Really? What makes you think that then?

The fact we havent been sold and the current potential shitty buyers for the club.

Haung got me excited for a while when the times indicated it was the Chinese goverments money.

But there all second rate potential owners but stil light years better than what we currently have

I don't think getting rid of Mascherano will hurt us much either, providing Roy gets a left back and a striker in for that money, we might even be stronger than we were when the transfer window opened because J.Cole certainly is an improvement on Riera & Benayoun.

The only thing Hodgson needed to do in this transfer window was to secure Torres & Gerrard's future, so in that sense this has been a brilliant transfer window, regardless of what our net spend is.

This is getting tiresome. It's Rafa, not Hodgson, who secured long contracts for Gerrard and Torres. Gerrard did not stay because of Hodgson but because nobody wanted to buy him. Ditto for Torres - except that there was some limited interest in buying him if he had insisted on leaving and if the price had been right because of that. He did not insist. Torres was brought to LFC by Rafa - remember?

Guest davelfc

Devastate the fans?

Torres going, he's already said he is staying.

Huang was never a serious bidder - Possible

Parking has gone up to £20 outside the ground - Believable

Twit and Twat refinance - Yep that'd do it.

He certainly does' date=' and it's not going to make pretty reading.[/quote']

spill the beans. It's the parking isn't it? It was £5 a couple of seasons ago, then £7 and then £10. Why oh why are they doing this to us?

Devastate the fans?

Torres going, he's already said he is staying.

Huang was never a serious bidder - Possible

Parking has gone up to £20 outside the ground - Believable

Twit and Twat refinance - Yep that'd do it.

spill the beans.

It a Bascombe piece not Tony Evans.

Is it related to the misplaced money and one of the owners? Maybe the rocket has been leaked to the press? If not, when can we read this? Will it be posted on their site at midnight?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Is it bad news about the transfer? If not, I don't really care all that much.

Is it related to the misplaced money and one of the owners? Maybe the rocket has been leaked to the press? If not, when can we read this? Will it be posted on their site at midnight?
As far as I know it will be out later. Nothing to do with misplaced money.

Look up, the answer is there, in bold.
Going to have to give you a woooshhh mate.