You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

If Kirdi the turdi is going to be at Anfield for the arsenal game then I hope a suitable song is sung. Can't quite think of anything suitable right now.

I know mate just annoy's me to fuck the amount of ways they have been shown we dont want debt on the club,and the make this offer the week were supposed to see firm offers made and show our potential owners have money.

This almost sounds like RBS are in cahoots with C n A to allow Kirdi to buy the club on a loan and keep us fucked forever... :wallbutt:

RBS are a bank, it is their job. Why do people expect them to hold some kind of moral obligation when essentially we are just another business to them? Banks make their money off loans.

With regards to the article, I don't necessarily think what's being said is frighteningly bad. All clubs operate with a banks help. Thing's aren't simply paid up in cash, it's the way of the industry. If and when a stadium is built I highly doubt our new owners will pay the whole thing off in steel suitcases full of £50 notes, some kind of financing deal will be in place.

I also highly doubt after all the shite and negative publicity they've received, RBS will be welcoming any new owners who request a £400m loan to pay for the club.

Nothing to worry about.

If Kirdi the turdi is going to be at Anfield for the arsenal game then I hope a suitable song is sung. Can't quite think of anything suitable right now.

What about---hes fat hes round he's fucking us all around yahya kirdi,yahya kirdi, hes fat hes round hes got to many jowels yayha kirdi,yahya kirdi

The fact he's slagged of Benitez will get all his fans back up, this bloke is a clown who has no chance of buying the club, i'm convinced now its a total pistake this Kirdi bid, a fuckin Pizza boy with links to the yanks slagging off the ex manager, this whole Kirdi thing is a hoax, the chinaman will be buying us before long.

Exactamundo. If Haung's bid wins, why the fuck would CIC wanna take out a loan when with RBS? Broughton will seeks assurances when examining their bid on their outlines for the new stadium anyways.

RBS have made a killing out of us. Not any fucking more.

Like me and Randy said it'll offer its services for the new ground perhaps and already deals with a lot of the clubs transactions , IE: Payments to the club from customers via the website etc . Nothing to worry about.

RBS are a bank, it is their job. Why do people expect them to hold some kind of moral obligation when essentially we are just another business to them? Banks make their money off loans.

As a taxpayer who is paying to prop the cunts up, I believe there should be some accountability actually, and I'll say so whether you like it or not.

Guest davelfc

He's a gift is Kirdi, like one of those car salesmen or double glazing owners that decide to do their own advert.

After gillett crafts together a hatchet job on Huang, Kirdi then is allowed out of his house for 10 minutes and fucks the whole thing up. He knows so little about the club I bet he seriously expects to be received like a king if he steps foot in Anfield.

"I'm not crazy, Benitez is dictator, you want extra cheese?"

He's a gift is Kirdi, like one of those car salesmen or double glazing owners that decide to do their own advert.

After gillett crafts together a hatchet job on Huang, Kirdi then is allowed out of his house for 10 minutes and fucks the whole thing up. He knows so little about the club I bet he seriously expects to be received like a king if he steps foot in Anfield.

He didn't leave his house - the interview was by phone. He was spreading copious amounts of anti-fungus cream on his crotch at the time Bloomberg called.

Could RBS end up owning Liverpool? David Maddock examines all the takeover options

A word of warning to Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Don’t make Liverpool fans angry. You won’t like them when they’re angry.

If the Americans think that they’ve had a tough time from the supporters of the club they own, then they ain't seen nothing yet. Because, believe me, there is a shit storm brewing, and it is heading their way.

When they bought the club, the two Yanks said they were merely “custodians” of Liverpool’s rich and illustrious history, and they would ensure that legacy continued. What happened next is well documented, but they were not custodians in any sense of the word.

Now, at last, they are leaving, but even when they have finally done something right in choosing to sell up, they seem intent on doing it in a manner which will merely heap more shame on their disastrous regime.

Last weekend, it was revealed that the Americans have now converted their loans on the club to a similar agreement to that utilised by the Glazer family at Old Trafford, which essentially defers the debt and wracks it up in ever increasing numbers.

Some estimates suggest levels could even double within the next two years, and everyone agrees that if a buyer can’t be found within the next few weeks, then the club is doomed financially.

That will force the major creditor, the Royal Bank of Scotland, to make a tough decision over the future of the club. They can call in their loans – all £250m or so of it – and effectively move Liverpool towards administration, with the threat of a nine point penalty.

Or they can assume control themselves, by effectively taking Liverpool as a wholly-owned subsidiary of their business against any defaulted payments. As bizarre as this seems, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility, because the bank could then sell on to recoup their outlay.

The third option is a sale before the current loans are up for renewal in October, hence all the fevered activity over the past few weeks, as the Americans look to offload their investment while clearing a fat profit.

But they are playing a game of brinkmanship in trying to force up the price, and they are doing it with the very future of Liverpool Football Club, one of the most illustrious and famous sports clubs in the world.

And if they continue with their tawdry little games, then they will risk the ire of the long-suffering fans at Anfield, and risk a reaction that will make recent protests look like a boy scouts parade.

The supporters are already angry, very angry. Listen to some of them, to judge for yourselves. Alan Kayll, chairman of the Liverpool Supporters’ Club, believes that unless the Americans show some responsibility soon, then they will live to regret it.

“We are appalled at what is happening with our club, we are appalled at figures which show interest being paid at a level of millions of pounds a month,” he said.

“How can the club still function with the refinancing package they agreed in April? We urge these two parasites to let the board sell the club this week, so we don’t have to pay another £15m by the end of August.

“They may be destroying our club, financially, but they won’t destroy us supporters from fighting against them and ending this sorry mess we find ourselves in.”

The problem for Liverpool fans, is that even in selling the club, Hicks and Gillett seem intent on playing the role of pantomime villains.

The chairman Martin Broughton and his board are supposed to have the right to find a ‘best fit’ buyer who will offer the brightest future for the club, even if they don’t necessarily offer the highest price.

Yet we learn that the Americans themselves have been negotiating privately, and are intent on finding a buyer not in the interests of the club, but the interests of their pockets.

We shouldn’t be surprised, because we discovered a long time ago the extent of their greed, but we should be worried. The person they seem willing to do business with hardly looks like the best fit for Liverpool’s long-term health.

He is Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi, who was originally described as a ‘billionaire’, but in fact has no significant money of his own. He was originally described as a ‘former international footballer’, but in fact wasn’t.

He was described as a ‘corporate businessman’, but in fact owned, variously, some pizza outlets and a clothes store. There is also a suggestion he was once a ‘handyman’, who could fix various odd-job problems. So maybe he could turn his hand to running up a new stadium.

He has been linked, in recent weeks, with another Syrian businessman, Rami Makhlouf, with whom he apparently has some business connections. There is a Rami Makhlouf from Syria who is a major international business player with close connections to the government there... but who has had his assets frozen in the United States, and is forbidden from doing business with any US citizens.

There is a quite brilliant piece of investigative journalism on Yahya Kirdi by Jim Boardman on a Liverpool supporters’ website, Anfield Road, and I urge you to read it on by clicking here.

No wonder Liverpool fans are angry, because even if the man the Americans are in talks with proves to have the money to buy the club, can he really satisfy Broughton, never mind the Premier League’s fit and proper person test?

Kirdi claims that he will have an agreement in place by the weekend. One rather suspects that if he does, then there will be a revolt amongst the supporters the likes of which has never before been seen in English football.

Dave Usher, the editor of the consistently sensible and impressive fans’ website, The Liverpool Way, says that the many, many thousands of supporters who use his forum have had enough.

“What is clear is that the fans won’t take any more of this. With revelations about the ridiculous levels of borrowing in recent weeks, and the lengths the owners are ready to go to in their attempts to squeeze yet more profit out of the club and the fans, then there is going to be a massive reaction,” he said.

“If they think the supporters will simply sit back and let it happen, then they are mistaken. There have been some protests against them so far, but unless the right thing happens very soon, then they will nothing compared to what comes next.”

The problem for Liverpool fans, is that there seems little chance of a swift takeover. Unless Kirdi is a mere stalking horse for a fit and proper buyer – which seems unlikely – then there are few alternatives.

Kenny Huang’s Chinese bid has real merit in that it is based in the calm financial reality of expanding lucrative Far East markets, but it is clear the offer won’t meet the levels of profits the Americans demand, and so at best will be a protracted, painful war of attrition that could take months to resolve.

Another alternative, the wealthy Sahara Group from India, said earlier this week they would not be bidding “at this stage”, which again suggests if they are to bid, it will be some time in the distance, while the Al Kharafi family seem to have financial problems of their own, and are not thought likely to bid.

Which leaves the Royal Bank of Scotland takeover option. And that means you and I could be the next owners of Liverpool Football Club, given that the government is the majority shareholder in that bank.

In which case, me, Alan Kayll, Jim Boradman and Dave Usher are all claiming our place on the Anfield board right now. Given the job done by the current mob, we probably wouldn’t do any worse – and at least you’d know what the hell is going on……

Read more: Could RBS end up owning Liverpool? David Maddock examines all the takeover options from Yahya Kirdi to Kenny Huang: The David Maddock Column - David Maddock - MirrorFootball.co.uk

It's like when Mr Burns tries to unleash his winged monkeys even though they can't fly and they all fall out the window and die.

With a few tough questions he'd probably snap and go all nazi on their arse.

"No pizza for you!"

Hick and Gillette could have picked almost anyone in the world to blag a bid for us insted they pick a pizza salesman form syria who lives in a fantasy world,I think they broke him out the local nut house and put a suit on him,he reminds me a bit of Murdoch off the a-team