You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

bitter cunt or not, everything that has happened in the last 3 years tells me for once in his bitter and twisted life the cunt might be right. in fact even at this stage i would be amazed if we had new owners by this time next year. those cunts are going to do everything they can to block the deal with huang (if indeed he even has the backing that is being reported). from where i am sitting we are very far from being sold, it's the start of a long and painful process and it's questionable if anyone at the table today has the money to do the deal broughton is looking for.

I fully understand that stance and get waves of it myself a hell of a lot. We’ve been through so much since February 2007 that it is impossible to see any light at the end of the tunnel, and if there is a light it’s usually been a train heading straight for us. However, I think this time we are very near to getting sold, and the American Judge who today said all of Hicks businesses are fair game due to his level of debt will have pushed this on even more. That along with thee rumour that Gillett is all but bankrupt also. They have runout of time. The banks want their money and it looks like very soon H7G will have no way of paying it back as their empire has crumbled.

I have absolutely no question whatsoever in my mind that by this time next year we will have no owners, but whether we will have someone in by September 1st I remain skeptical about.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Tom Cannon wasn't answering the questions being asked. It was strange.

Not as strange as his haircut though. Modern day Friar Tuck.

We've had Keith Harris and Tommy Cannon so far, SSN desperately looking for football expert Bernie Clifton.

Was thinking the same myself Ant. If he'd have just kept his head down and tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Then again. I'd be surprised that the new owners' date=' who ever they are, weren't in advanced talks while Rafa was still here. Surely if we're on the brink of being sold, then any new owners will have done a due diligence process with in the last few months. Surely any serious bidder would have said if they'd wanted Rafa to still be manager when they arrived.[/quote']

I see you still won't put to rest your silly hatred of Rafa - a man far too good for the likes of you. On a point of fact, Huang stated in his first expression of interest in LFC a few months ago that Rafa was central and essential to the project and he would be kept for the long-term. So if you want to spin your conspiracy theories spin that. Why would LFC want to try to make life difficult for Rafa if a serious investor insisted that he should stay? In trying to force Rafa out were Purslow and his bosses actually trying to get rid of an investor who did not want to give Hicks and Gillet a profit?

In your agreement with goofy "Ant" you further demonstrate how quickly and easily you support the owners if it means you can be bitchy about Rafa. Rafa has been consistently right about the lack of financial planning for transfers and the lack of funds. Despite that he made profits on transfers three years running. As for Inter - he does not have control or responsibility over transfers. That club has excellent owners and managers and a much stronger squad than LFC and far more ready cash.

You made a name for yourself with an alleged conversation with Gillett. Even in that account you managed to get in digs about Rafa although you attributed the words to Gillett. Another case of great minds thinking alike? As far as I know you have never produced a tape or any independent verification of that so-called conversation. Based on your posting record and your demented campaign against Rafa, I don't believe you.

Is anyone here a paid-up subscriber to the Times?

Tony Barrett is supposed to be doing a live web-chat at 2.30. I wonder if he'll shed any light on things.

they are probably just trying to take advantage of the Liverpool situation at the moment and the desperation to find out what's going on to get a few more subscribers.

There's not going to be anything in there that we wouldn't otherwise find out.

I just have a few questions.

Given that Kenny has spoken to RBS directly, why aren't the likes of Rhone and Kuwait or Syria or the Isle of man talking to the banks as well?

Secondly, why would said groups who are 'supposedly' in talks with the yanks, pay over the odds when they can go to the banks?

Thirdly, Why don't they actually speak to Broughton, Ayre and Purslow and strike a deal with them, if of course it's a case of 3 v 2.

Either the Yanks have a few tricks up their sleeves yet, or maybe, just maybe they are facing the end game and have fuck all influence in how the club will be sold. They can get prospective buyers, they can try to increase the offers through falsified interest, but they don't have a say, unless of course one of the other three side with the Yanks.

I think we'll have new owners soon (4-6 weeks). This one's got legs and wheels - legs with wheels - in my view.

Obviously based on nothing except what I gather in the press. And a dollop of faith.

faith? that went a long time ago ... and as for the press - agenda driven gobshites to a man. every single onoe of them is either pushing an agenda of their own or an agenda for one of the players in this game.

Spot on Barry.

It is not about being negative, it is simply about being realistic. We have been bitten enough times in the past. We keep hearing stories on how desperate the owners are, how much RBS wants their money back, how much power Broughton has etc. But time and time again, we have got kicked in the teeth. Time and time again the two cunts have proved they can make room to wheel and deal.And time and time again we have seen RBS fuck things up by keep giving them time.

And we don't even know much about any of the bidders. Yet.

that's the bit that gets me most. we know nothing about any of them or even how many of them there are. it is all conjecture and bullshit in the media. about the only thing we know for sure is the syrian bid is from a mate of gillet which should be enough to rule them out.

I fully understand that stance and get waves of it myself a hell of a lot. We’ve been through so much since February 2007 that it is impossible to see any light at the end of the tunnel, and if there is a light it’s usually been a train heading straight for us. However, I think this time we are very near to getting sold, and the American Judge who today said all of Hicks businesses are fair game due to his level of debt will have pushed this on even more. That along with thee rumour that Gillett is all but bankrupt also. They have runout of time. The banks want their money and it looks like very soon H7G will have no way of paying it back as their empire has crumbled.

I have absolutely no question whatsoever in my mind that by this time next year we will have no owners, but whether we will have someone in by September 1st I remain skeptical about.

the problem with C&A's empire crumbling is with the deal that is on the table today, it does them no favours. They need a profit to turn round their other investments and clear debt. if LFC doesn't return the profit they are looking for and they are both going to go down the toilet anyway, they might as well try and cling on and see what they get out of it. bankrupt is bankrupt it will make no difference to them how much they were in debt when the nose finally tightened around their necks.

Nothing that has happened this week fills me with any belief we are any closer to getting the owners we need than all those years ago when rick parry met with shinawatra.

Remember when all the talk was of DIC? Wasn't Hicks stance then, 'My decision'? I remember something about him querying Gilletts ability to sell without his consent.

So why are they not blocking this sale?

Why are they not releasing a statement, refusing to negotiate with any bids that do not meet their price?

Why all these games, why all the staling tactics?

Guest davelfc

Comment From Phil Phil: ]

Tony, is there any danger in your eyes that Broughton could opt for a deal that favours the Americans over the club's long term health given that he was brought in by them to sort out the deal?

Thursday August 5, 2010 14:40 Phil

14:42

Tony Barrett:

You would certainly hope not Phil. When you look at it Martin Broughton appears to have two options. 1. Do the right deal for the Americans, watch Liverpool's problems multiply and see his own reputation go up in flames or 2. Find the right owners, secure the club's future and take his place in history as the man who helped save Liverpool FC. Surely that would be an easy enough decision to make for a man of Mr Broughton's renowned business acumen.

I just have a few questions.

Given that Kenny has spoken to RBS directly, why aren't the likes of Rhone and Kuwait or Syria or the Isle of man talking to the banks as well?

Secondly, why would said groups who are 'supposedly' in talks with the yanks, pay over the odds when they can go to the banks?

Thirdly, Why don't they actually speak to Broughton, Ayre and Purslow and strike a deal with them, if of course it's a case of 3 v 2.

Either the Yanks have a few tricks up their sleeves yet, or maybe, just maybe they are facing the end game and have fuck all influence in how the club will be sold. They can get prospective buyers, they can try to increase the offers through falsified interest, but they don't have a say, unless of course one of the other three side with the Yanks.

Eh ?

nothing much on the web chat yet .

Tony, is there any danger in your eyes that Broughton could opt for a deal that favours the Americans over the club's long term health given that he was brought in by them to sort out the deal?

Tony Barrett:

You would certainly hope not Phil. When you look at it Martin Broughton appears to have two options. 1. Do the right deal for the Americans, watch Liverpool's problems multiply and see his own reputation go up in flames or 2. Find the right owners, secure the club's future and take his place in history as the man who helped save Liverpool FC. Surely that would be an easy enough decision to make for a man of Mr Broughton's renowned business acumen.

the problem with C&A's empire crumbling is with the deal that is on the table today, it does them no favours. They need a profit to turn round their other investments and clear debt. if LFC doesn't return the profit they are looking for and they are both going to go down the toilet anyway, they might as well try and cling on and see what they get out of it. bankrupt is bankrupt it will make no difference to them how much they were in debt when the nose finally tightened around their necks.

Nothing that has happened this week fills me with any belief we are any closer to getting the owners we need than all those years ago when rick parry met with shinawatra.

No one is going to offer him big profits though when they know the creditors are all over him and a court said his assets can be stripped to make up any shortfall.

nothing much on the web chat yet .

Tony Barrett:

So 20 mins into the webchat and he's said nothing about thinking we are close to a sale or if it really is CIC behind Heung? Pretty rubbish webchat.

Comment From Ashley EscobarAshley Escobar: ]

Tony, how comes the club can't do anything to stop people like this Kirdi joke publicly stating he is negotiating a buyout when we know he is infact not? Surely there is an element of criminality in stating false facts to inflate the price of a company?

Tony Barrett:

To be fair to Mr Kirdi, there is no evidence that he is artificially trying to lift the price, although there are obviously people who feel this is the case. The problem with the sale of a club like Liverpool is it is such a high profile institution that it is always going to attract massive media interest and one of the by-products of this is you will always get people trying to take advantage of it and make a name for themselves. It is up to Barcap and Martin Broughton to sort out the genuine investors from the impostors and until an unless Kirdi is categorically ruled out of the process the media has to treat him with a degree of seriousness even if we feel his actions will not ultimately match his words.

Comment From MikeMike: ]

Your mate Tony Evans made a fool out of himself this summer, with im saying Gerrard and Torres where deffo leaving and it was all doom and gloom,

Tony Barrett:

Alright Mike, the nature of journalism is you will sometimes call stories right and sometimes you will get them badly wrong. I've made plenty of mistakes in my time and I know for an absolute fact that I'll make many more in the time to come. Without wishing to defend my boss (I'm quite happy for him to get it in the neck from time to time), the situation with Liverpool has been so fluid and changeable this summer that it has been hard to call anything right one way or another. At the end of May I was convinced that Liverpool would lose Gerrard or Torres or both. By the end of June I didn't think that would be the case but there were still plenty of people, including some at the club, who feared Liverpoool would lose at least one of their star players. That hasn't happened but anyone who thinks it was never a possibility is misguided.

Thursday August 5, 2010 14:55