You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've got exactly the same amount of room that anyone else has, which is as much room as I want. I made a mistake and then admitted it. I guess you still think it was the Syrian Army that did it, right? If not, does that mean I was eventually right about it being the so called rebels? That was the main argument running through that thread after all, wasn't it?

How much room do I have now?

You have fuck all room. You should go back and read through that thread sometime.

Human Rights Watch: Israeli troops killed civilians trying to flee violence in Khuza'a

Human Rights watch is investigating reports of Israeli soldiers firing on unarmed civilians who were trying to flee destruction in Khuza’a a week and a half ago.

“Israeli forces in the southern Gaza town of Khuza’a fired on and killed civilians in apparent violation of the laws of war in several incidents between July 23 and 25, 2014,” the group says in a report. “Deliberate attacks on civilians who are not participating in the fighting are war crimes.”

The report describes three incidents. From the description of the first incident:

On the morning of July 23, Israeli forces ordered a group of about 100 Palestinians in Khuza’a to leave a home in which they had gathered to take shelter, family members said. The first member to leave the house, Shahid al-Najjar, had his hands up but an Israeli soldier shot him in the jaw, seriously injuring him. [...]

As one group walked unarmed to Khan Younis, Israeli soldiers fired on them, killing one and wounding two others.

From the description of the second incident:

Israeli soldiers fired on a group of civilians who had been told to leave their home in Khuza’a, killing Mohammed al-Najjar, a witness said.

From the description of the third incident:

On July 25, an Israeli strike killed three civilians – Motassem al-Najjar, 5; Kamel al-Najjar, 62; and Salim Qdeih, around 70 – who were among 120 people sheltering in the basement of a home, witnesses said. [...]

Those who had survived the attack on the basement fled after the strike and walked to Khan Younis, carrying white flags and raising their hands when they came across Israeli soldiers. An Israeli missile strike hit one group of them, killing a man and wounding his cousin, the cousin told Human Rights Watch.

The Israeli military has not issued a response to the report.

Human Rights Watch?

Pah! Woolly liberals...

SD will be along shortly to inform us of their agenda.

If you take the H, the M and the A out of human, the S out of rights, and the A out of watch, and rearrange them they spell HAMAS.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You're just being daft now and you know it.

Erm, everything you said was either discredited at the time, as you admitted, or has been made to look ridiculous since.

Anyone who goes to live a a far flung foreign land they've never been to cos some god in a book told them that land belongs to them and they are chosen peoples everyone else is goyim to be moved off it and arent worth the vapour off your fart, its gonna only bring a lot of cocksnufflers into said place

I fuckin love you Dennis.

Human Rights Watch?

Pah! Woolly liberals...

SD will be along shortly to inform us of their agenda.

Every time I cite HRW stuff, without fail, I get told their agenda is pro-Western, and that they they are basically a tool of imperialism/the CIA/the World Bank/humanoid lizards (delete according to preference).

I remember copping flak on Cuba and Venezuela, to name just two instances, when I've supported my opinion with Human Rights Watch reports.

I do find it ironic that they are being called woolly liberals when every time I've cited them I get labelled right wing for it.

Every time I cite HRW stuff, without fail, I get told their agenda is pro-Western, and that they they are basically a tool of imperialism/the CIA/the World Bank/humanoid lizards (delete according to preference).

I remember copping flak on Cuba and Venezuela, to name just two instances, when I've supported my opinion with Human Rights Watch reports.

I do find it ironic that they are being called woolly liberals when every time I've cited them I get labelled right wing for it.

Its very simple, power is in competition, their agenda is pro western but isreal is now harming western interests, it has gone too far in believing its own lies it forgets its sympathy is the goose that laid the golden egg, the internet has opened things up in terms of coverage no longer the mainstream lead, you can tell because the mainstream media is even beginning to turn, Netanyahu is De Klerk. Now that palestine is getting a small piece of the publics mind as human beings it will be over soon. Sooner than we all believe possible.

Cocksnufflers is a great word.

Its going in the eleventh edition.

East Germany, South Africa, history suggests these revolutions happen fast and catch everyone out but Isreal is such a racist society Im not sure they are able to make peace and its going to need outside intervention in Isreal in terms of removal of financial support for it. It will have to live in the 'free market' 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the world hasn't got enough homophobic insults already.

No need for the pious, skirt-hitching routine on my account old boy.  We both know it's just used when it suits for effect, and is regularly let down by other things you say.

I simply think its an amusing and enjoyable combination of words at face value, as I liked your "open and shut case" joke last week, about the child murdered by it's own Mum and zipped away in a bag, without calling it condoning kiddie death, or paedomurderist, or other such dramatic leaps of fancy.