You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

And, show me were I've denied those specific incidents happened, or that anti-semitism doesn't exist?

I'm merely pointing out incidents of where the problem has been exaggerated. In a documentary made by a Jewish person who put forward the theory of exaggeration.

Take your own advice and maybe have a 3 day week of being a desperate cunt. The 7 day week is getting tiresome. Full time cunt.

You're much more of a cunt than me, because you started it.

Sick little bastard, making light of racist threats made to my family.This is the part where I tell you to go fuck yourself.Go fuck yourself.

I'm a little confused. Earlier in this thread you said that you can't be racist against Muslims because they are not a race, they are a religion covering many people from many different countries and ethnic backgrounds. Now you are saying that Jews are a race despite the fact that the common factor is a religion covering many people from many countries and ethnic backgrounds? Presumably then it wasn't a racist bullet

Nah, you acted like an over sensitive quim. Again.

And, don't even dream that you can tell me what I can and can't say on an internet forum.

Who do you think you are? Melt.

You're trying to tell me what for you utter bell end.

Maybe instead of droning on about Israel all the time you should look closer to home for persecution.

I'm a little confused. Earlier in this thread you said that you can't be racist against Muslims because they are not a race, they are a religion covering many people from many different countries and ethnic backgrounds. Now you are saying that Jews are a race despite the fact that the common factor is a religion covering many people from many countries and ethnic backgrounds? Presumably then it wasn't a racist bullet

Yes, you are a little confused. Come back to me when you've found exact quotes and I can explain why you are wrong.

And then you can go fuck yourself.

It could be a good idea if these organizations talking about anti-semitism so much actually get together and tell the Israeli government that they aren't exactly helping things right now. Bombing schools and causing so many civilian deaths elsewhere seems fairly likely to breed quite a few more morons around the world who'll actually decide to be anti-semitic when it comes to Jewish people.

It'd be interesting to know how many of these organizations have actually worked that one out, because it's not very difficult to understand.

I apologise to the forum for wasting everyone else's time with this shit.

Nelly-Torres is going on ignore, so he can troll and inflame as much as he likes, I won't be responding to it, and he can find someone else's life to ruin.

@Nelly-Torres

Had to get one more post in before I managed to put you on ignore, didn't you.

Anyway, good to see proof that you are a lying little shit. You started the names, not me. I've never started with anyone.

In fact, if anyone can find a single example of me initiating hostilities against anyone on this forum, I will log off and never return. Ever.

Yeah, I guess it just bugs me that they don't get called out on it more.

It's just lazy. And a deliberate tactic. Attack the man. Look at Jon Snow. Attacked by all and sundry for being disturbed by child death. I don't doubt that the same disgusting tag has been thrown at him for having the temerity to be a bit trouble by witnessing, first hand, kids with their heads stoved in.

The Palestinians could really do with their own Mandela. The situation is crying out for non-violent resistance, unfortunately I'm not sure the Muslims do non-violent resistance all that well.

Muslims aren't a race. The end.

As requested, your statement that Muslims aren't a race, given in response to people calling you a racist. However you seem to be under the impression that Jews are a race. I'd like to know why

They're unlikely to in the mainstream media or by many Western governments, for various reasons.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/01/israel-hamas-gaza-resolve-conflict

Israel must open talks with Hamas

In Gaza, neither side's weapons will break the other's resolve. Only a political approach can bring lasting peace

The daily images of human torment in Gaza have been harrowing and heartbreaking. More than 1,000 Palestinian civilians have been killed. Were it not for international aid rations, half the population would be without food. Hundreds of thousands of men, women and children are seeking shelter in UN schools – and even these offer little safety.

It is difficult to deny that Israel’s military action appears disproportionate and, combined with the Gaza blockade, is resulting in the collective suffering of the Palestinian people. Hamas cannot escape blame either. By hiding among the civilian population and stashing weapons in schools and mosques, it has shown it is willing to sacrifice its own people for military advantage. It has spent large sums on a sophisticated network of tunnels through which to terrorise Israeli civilians – money that could have gone on schools, houses and clinics for the Palestinian people.

This tragedy is grimly familiar. It is the third major military operation in Gaza in six years, following Operation Cast Lead in 2008 and Operation Pillar of Defence in 2012; the others culminated in ceasefires that sadly did little to address the underlying conflict. The two sides have settled into a routine that is as futile as it is deadly. Hamas’s rocket fire will never break Israeli resolve; Israel’s bombs will never end Palestinian resistance. Even if Israel manages to destroy Hamas, a similar movement will undoubtedly emerge from the destitution and despair of the Gaza Strip. As in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and so many other similar conflicts, a zero-sum game will not bring peace. Only an understanding that all have to share the same space and the same destiny will do so.

The Israeli government may feel it has gained the upper hand with its most recent show of strength, but it should know from past experience that any feeling of stability will be short-lived.

I applaud Israel’s former president Shimon Peres, who has broken ranks in recent days to call for an end to military action. More Israeli and Palestinian politicians should find the courage to follow suit. If Israel wants to secure lasting safety for its people, it must use political will, not military might, to break the cycle of violence.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu must now put Israel’s long-term, strategic self-interest ahead of short-term, tactical military gains. It is time for the Israeli government to talk to the Hamas political leadership in Gaza. Israel’s refusal to engage with President Mahmoud Abbas’s new unity government, because it includes Hamas, must be reversed.

In 2008, the former Israeli intelligence chief Efraim Halevy called for engagement with Hamas, recognising that, in spite of heavy losses, it would not be cowed into submission. Three military operations later, the case for direct talks is all the more pressing. As Israel’s military might is brutally confirmed, the need for a new political approach is urgent.

Hamas is vulnerable and broke. Until forming the unity government with Fatah a few months ago, it could not pay the salaries of doctors and teachers, and faced growing discontent from ordinary Gazans. Hamas is isolated in the Arab world, and Israel cannot destroy militant Palestinian opposition – that much we have seen – but it does now have an opportunity to drive a wedge between Hamas’s political and military wings. An unexpected act of political magnanimity, rather than sporadic military reprisal, would also garner Israel international support.

In writing this, I know I will provoke some anger. I will receive letters and emails arguing that Israel should not reward terrorists with talks. I understand that reaction and recognise the existential fear among Israeli people. My response is this: military action has repeatedly failed to prevent rocket attacks against innocent Israelis. Modern history teaches that you can’t shoot, occupy or besiege your way to lasting security. Peace only ever flows from sustained and stubborn engagement. The Queen shaking hands with Martin McGuinness two years ago reminded us that even the most intractable conflicts can be resolved.

However, this is only possible when enemies acknowledge the futility of conflict and meet face to face. There is no substitute for the security that peace can bring. In the wake of yet more bloodshed and instability, it is overwhelmingly in the interests of the people of both Gaza and Israel to turn away from this deathly embrace.

Nick Clegg MP is deputy prime minister and deputy chair of the National Security Council

They're unlikely to in the mainstream media or by many Western governments, for various reasons.

That'll probably change a little after what's just happened, but yeah agreed again. It's a corrupt mess and sickening that they've been able to do what they've already done without some serious action being taken against them at the UN and elsewhere. Again though it's the same reason, the system is broken.

Cameron still hasn't spoken out against Israel either, I'm betting he's got a nice bit of cash to keep quiet.

As requested, your statement that Muslims aren't a race, given in response to people calling you a racist. However you seem to be under the impression that Jews are a race. I'd like to know why

I didn't say that Jews are a race, although they obviously have a common heritage that Muslims dont have, of course.

This doesn't mean that people can't make racist statements about either.

However, "Muslims" are united by their religion, and "Jews" by their ancestry.

It's just lazy. And a deliberate tactic. Attack the man. Look at Jon Snow. Attacked by all and sundry for being disturbed by child death.

I think it's deliberate too, this problem causes so much division around the world every time, some people are clearly taking advantage of it.