You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

And you're just the most vicious anti-semite it's ever been my misfortune to come across . Don't forget to put on your brown shirt when you go out today.

Its always the anti semite argument rather than it being about a terrorist state slaughtering its neighbours who have the equivalent of pea shooters compared to Israels heavily supplied military might.

Its never about humans being appalled by indiscriminate killing of anybody that moves,including children.

Israel is under very little threat other than because of how it treats the Palestinians. And has has been shown many times in human history,war begets war or in this case,slaughter begets more martyrs and an even more stubborn belief.

• Upvote 1

Tone is staying out of this one. He is waiting for his big contracts from Gen Sisi.

Unfortunately for the Middle East Tony is on a well deserved holiday during which he celebrated his wife's birthday by hiring some of the cast of strictly come dancing to do a show where party guests can join in.

Thats what happens if you take a land claimed by three religions then give it to one of them and base the whole country on one religion being as Isreal a land for the jews and deny everyone else the same rights.

Not all claims are equal, of course. And Israel is a land rooted in secular Jewish identity, not religion.

By the bye, would you happen to know what rights are denied to non-Jewish citizens of Israel?

I've genuinely, hand on heart, never met anyone who had anything at all to say about Jewish people. Arabs? Yes, all the time, black people? Yes, you still hear that, but anti Jewish sentiment is probably the least likely you'll ever hear in a pub or a workplace. It's all a bit, well,1800s.

I lost count of the number of times at school that I heard someone who picked up a penny from the floor a Jew, but other than that, you are right that you don't hear anti-semitism that much in public. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means people are generally better at concealing it.

In fact this country has done a hell of a lot for Jewish people, especially with things like Kindertransport, where thousands of Jewish children were brought here to safety from Nazi Germany and Austria, rehoused and rehomed

Yes, we also gave them some British land in the Middle East too, that seems to have worked out well...

*insert whistling smiley here*

People are better concealing it. Almost as much as people are better at fabricating and inventing it when it's not really there.

So the bullet my uncle was sent in the mail was a figment of his imagination, I suppose.

You really are full of shit.

This is of course an opinion and not a fact.

No, it's a fact, as I have found out to my cost on numerous occasions.

Oh, grow up, dickhead.

Of course actual incidents aren't invented. Maybe he was sent a bullet as being an obtuse cunt runs in the Dog family?

But watch Defamation.

A Jewish person being mugged in a crime ridden area of New York was automatically viewed as anti-Semitic by the ADL in America just because the victim was Jewish and the perp non-Jewish, despite no anti Semitic gestures being used. Just a bog standard mugging.

Same with local youths throwing stones at a school bus. Nothing overt to suggest who was being carried on the bus, and other buses had been stoned by the local scallies, but this one was automatically anti Semitic just because the pupils on the bus were from a Jewish school.

If you constantly instill paranoia and an everybody wants to get us mentality into people, it's only natural that they will over exaggerate and over dramatise the reality of a situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, grow up, dickhead.

Of course actual incidents aren't invented. Maybe he was sent a bullet as being an obtuse cunt runs in the Dog family?

But watch Defamation.

A Jewish person being mugged in a crime ridden area of New York was automatically viewed as anti-Semitic by the ADL in America just because the victim was Jewish and the perp non-Jewish, despite no anti Semitic gestures being used. Just a bog standard mugging.

Same with local youths throwing stones at a school bus. Nothing overt to suggest who was being carried on the bus, and other buses had been stoned by the local scallies, but this one was automatically anti Semitic just because the pupils on the bus were from a Jewish school.

If you constantly instill paranoia and an everybody wants to get us mentality into people, it's only natural that they will over exaggerate and over dramatise the reality of a situation.

So a bullet with a swastika carved in it and sent to a Jewish councillor isn't anti-semitic?

Someone calling me a Jew cunt over the phone and threatening to get me stabbed isn't anti-semitic?

Don't you fucking dare try to play this shit down. You don't get to define what is and isn't anti-semitic.

Erm, did I say those incidents weren't anti-Semitic?

What the fuck are you even talking about, you jibbering mess of a creature?

You accusing people of exaggerating, I am demonstrating that they really occur, contrary to your denials.

I had never actually seen a recognizably Jewish person until I travelled down south to London. When I stayed in London I heard the odd Jewish joke but I'd never heard Jewish jokes up north. Not because people up north wouldn't do such a thing they just focused their ignorance on whatever minority was most prevalent in the area. I've genuinely never ever heard anyone I know make anti Semitic comments, I wonder if that will change with current events, I hope not this conflict shouldn't be used as an excuse to fuel further ignorance and hate.

And, show me were I've denied those specific incidents happened, or that anti-semitism doesn't exist?

I'm merely pointing out incidents of where the problem has been exaggerated. In a documentary made by a Jewish person who put forward the theory of exaggeration.

Take your own advice and maybe have a 3 day week of being a desperate cunt. The 7 day week is getting tiresome. Full time cunt.

Basically Section was right, I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything negative about Jews, apart from maybe the odd lazy generalisation about them being tight (but then that would normally been aimed at Scottish people). I've often been in crowds of people where anti-Semitic views could easily have been expressed but haven't been. I've heard lost of other racism, but never heard any anti-Semitism.