You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

What isn't like for like? Do Iraqi lives count for less than Palestinian

One of the most advanced military machines in the world with air and ground capabilities versus a mercenary bunch of volunteers likely armed with ak47s and driving Toyotas. Not like for like.

There you are again with the numerical references. Count for less? Less than Palestinians lives? The lesser of evils? Numbers game.

Every human life lost through senseless war is tragic. It's the manner of the war that is the issue. Again, Palestinians being blitzed by the astounding might of the Israeli army versus rag - tag "militants" isn't like for like. Both are inexcusably wrong. But they are NOT like for like.

Other point - yea keep the Arab oppression topics on here if you like. But it's easy to see your intention of distraction - to play Arabs v Arabs instead of Jews v Arabs and take the attention away from the Zionists and the IDF. It won't work.

• Upvote 2

To be fair to SD he had a point that other crimes are commited and ignored. Hardly anything is said on China continous human rights abuses and cultural dismantling of Tibet and other regions. Nobody says a peep about Russia's actions in the Caucasus Mountains and Chechneya. The less said about the UN/West not stepping in with some of the African wars the better. Not to mention that when they do act its often Nigerian soldiers that get used as peacekeepers who often and as abusive as the warlords they replace.

• Upvote 1

To be fair to SD he had a point that other crimes are commited and ignored. Hardly anything is said on China continous human rights abuses and cultural dismantling of Tibet and other regions. Nobody says a peep about Russia's actions in the Caucasus Mountains and Chechneya. The less said about the UN/West not stepping in with some of the African wars the better. Not to mention that when they do act its often Nigerian soldiers that get used as peacekeepers who often and as abusive as the warlords they replace.

We should have a separate thread for each.

One of the most advanced military machines in the world with air and ground capabilities versus a mercenary bunch of volunteers likely armed with ak47s and driving Toyotas. Not like for like.

There you are again with the numerical references. Count for less? Less than Palestinians lives? The lesser of evils? Numbers game.

Every human life lost through senseless war is tragic. It's the manner of the war that is the issue. Again, Palestinians being blitzed by the astounding might of the Israeli army versus rag - tag "militants" isn't like for like. Both are inexcusably wrong. But they are NOT like for like.

Other point - yea keep the Arab oppression topics on here if you like. But it's easy to see your intention of distraction - to play Arabs v Arabs instead of Jews v Arabs and take the attention away from the Zionists and the IDF. It won't work.

You've been consistently wrong about my intentions, and this is no exception.

"The numbers game" is a reference to number of people killed, not the relative "worth" of each person's life.

You've provided a whole load of irrelevant bluster about Israel's military capabilities to justify the fact that you hone in on Israel misdeeds and are utterly ignorant about everyone else's.

Rest assured, a person dying in agony doesn't give two shits whether their oppressor belongs to "one of the most advanced military machines in the world" or a bunch of ragtag militants. And why the fuck should they?

Oh, and the inverted commas around militants tells its own story.

I'm not the person on a distraction mission. I don't believe anyone's oppression should be ignored. The people who think a death caused by an Israeli is newsworthy and a death caused by anyone else isn't are the distraction merchants.

It's always agendas with you people, no wonder you haven't got a fucking clue how to respond when someone comes in without an agenda.

To be fair to SD he had a point that other crimes are commited and ignored.

Yes he does have a point, if it was made in a different thread perhaps and not thrown in straight after the latest massacre in Gaza. But he wasn't making it out of concern. It was made to distract from the situation in Gaza, to compare Arabs.

Yes he does have a point, if it was made in a different thread perhaps and not thrown in straight after the latest massacre in Gaza. But he wasn't making it out of concern. It was made to distract from the situation in Gaza, to compare Arabs.

The fighting in Gaza has ended, at least until the next time Hamas feel like firing rockets at Israel. What is there to distract from?

The fact that there was no existing thread about ISIS in Iraq tells its own story.

Bluster? Sorry I must have got it wrong then. What other army was bombing the life out of Gaza? Must have been some other army with similar capabilities to the IDF then. You better educate me so I'll not provide further bluster...

Sorry I should have put "Terrorists" instead, it's the way the West like to like most Arabs isn't it? Or is it Militias? I'm fucked if I can remember which term to use these days.

Each death is newsworthy. Agreed. Each person should be respected in their own right. Nobody should be murdered, ever. Not by a loan person nor a big fuck off bomb. Each is tragic. I've no wish to see dead Israeli children than I do dead Palestinian children.

You people? I should call you a racist for that.

Bluster? Sorry I must have got it wrong then. What other army was bombing the life out of Gaza? Must have been some other army with similar capabilities to the IDF then. You better educate me so I'll not provide further bluster...

Sorry I should have put "Terrorists" instead, it's the way the West like to like most Arabs isn't it? Or is it Militias? I'm fucked if I can remember which term to use these days.

Each death is newsworthy. Agreed. Each person should be respected in their own right. Nobody should be murdered, ever. Not by a loan person nor a big fuck off bomb. Each is tragic. I've no wish to see dead Israeli children than I do dead Palestinian children.

You people? I should call you a racist for that.

They are freedom fighters, not terrorists.  

The fighting in Gaza has ended, at least until the next time Hamas feel like firing rockets at Israel. What is there to distract from?

The fact that there was no existing thread about ISIS in Iraq tells its own story.

Why haven't you started a thread about people being drone bombed in Pakistan or starving to death in Africa Dog?

Tells its own story that. Very telling.

No, nothing to do with numbers. Just thought it should get a bit more attention than it was getting here ie none. Just trying to make people care about Arabs being oppressed when their oppressor isn't called Israel, that's all.

Surely it's deserving of its own thread, and not hidden in one about Israel.

And quite frankly, you'll find plenty of us on here who've posted at length about how we helped fuck Iraq up and slated Blair and his chums for it. And how arming Syrian rebels failed to learn the lessons of recent history.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to just create a general middle east thread? (or is there an old one that could be used?) Because Syria is still a huge mess which could flare up again at any moment in a bad way, and the US will probably still want to get in there somehow. (the other thread is really focused on chemical weapons, but there's a bigger picture clearly.) Then you have Iran, and the Israeli government are really obsessed with them. So there's Syria, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Iran. Lebanon is also caught up in it, and there's probably more that could be added. The death toll is simply scary if you ask me, and beyond any real words to describe it.

It's strange that quite a few governments haven't been called anti-semitic for what they've done to the whole area over the last century really.

Once again though SD completely refusing to accept the fact that people place more scrutiny on Israel than ISIS due to one being a military superpower that puts itself forward as a civilised democracy and the other being a band of militia being cunts.

Just really sad diversionary stuff.

I also note Clegg talking about Israel but not ISIS. So very telling.

Once again though SD completely refusing to accept the fact that people place more scrutiny on Israel than ISIS due to one being a military superpower that puts itself forward as a civilised democracy and the other being a band of militia being cunts.

Just really sad diversionary stuff.

I also note Clegg talking about Israel but not ISIS. So very telling.

Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest is about as funny as it gets.  Why not let north korea in?  Might not go so well for them next year, one suspects.  

Why haven't you started a thread about people being drone bombed in Pakistan or starving to death in Africa Dog?

Tells its own story that. Very telling.

That question should be directed at people who start these threads, and I haven't started any threads like this.

But you have an agenda and deep down you know it, we all know it, it seeps through every sentence you write.

If wanting everyone to live in peace and harmony with as much liberty as is possible is an "agenda", then guilty as charged.

Made this : http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/106208-middle-east-thread/

That question should be directed at people who start these threads, and I haven't started any threads like this.

My main agenda is trying to learn about what's actually going on, I think. Or to at least try to get closer to that.

• Upvote 1

No. 

You start threads about subjects. 

That one of those subjects isn't people being drone bombed or starvation is, by your logic, clearly very telling.  As is the fact that only one person felt the need to start a thread on this particular issue. One person! Out of all of us! Says so much.

Cretinous.

No. 

You start threads about subjects. 

That one of those subjects isn't people being drone bombed or starvation is, by your logic, clearly very telling.  As is the fact that only one person felt the need to start a thread on this particular issue. One person! Out of all of us! Says so much.

Cretinous.

All it says is I don't like starting threads on this sort of thing.

As I say, direct your question at people who do like starting threads like this. They're the ones with an apparent double standard, not me.

All it says is I don't like starting threads on this sort of thing.

As I say, direct your question at people who do like starting threads like this. They're the ones with an apparent double standard, not me.

"Like this" - What, you mean, about things?

Why don't you like starting threads about things like starvation Dog? What does THAT say about you?

Stop being a knob head. There's bands of cunts all over the planet doing terrible things, its not a double standard to decide to comment about a world superpower, a nuclear power, that wants people to respect it as a civilised nation bombing the living shit out of a glorified refugee camp and not on some other far less powerful cunts elsewhere that haven't ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED THE NEWS CYCLE FOR A FUCKING FORTNIGHT!

I presume you'll join me in condemning Nick Clegg for his agenda in calling Israel's actions totally disproportionate today but not putting ISIS at the front of his day? Anti-semetic cunt.