You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

As the ceasefire enters its second hour, here are the most recent figures of those killed and injured in Gaza since the start of Operation Protective Edge:

1,867 killed, including :

• 429 children 
  • 243 women 
  • 79 elderly men 
9,563 injured, including:

• 2,877 children 
  • 1,853 women 
  • 374 elderly men

Now lets wait until Isreali suppoorters will be along to complain about the 64 Isreali Army folk who were killed. Hamas kills civilians, targets them does it SD? Hows it accidently managed to kill 64 IDF's and so few civilians. IDF doesnt target civilians but accidently kills 429 children in less than a month. Of course, IDF with all its technology, SD says it doesnt target civilians just legitimate military targets, it boasts of the most sophisticated weaponry of the modern age but it just made a mistake, same one almost 2,000 times in killing civilians.

Is this nasty yellow venom spitting sphincter for real? Is he really on the child kill spree side, no principles but consistent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Now lets wait until Isreali suppoorters will be along to complain about the 64 Isreali Army folk who were killed. Hamas kills civilians, targets them does it SD? Hows it accidently managed to kill 64 IDF's and so few civilians. IDF doesnt target civilians but accidently kills 429 children in less than a month. Of course, IDF with all its technology, SD says it doesnt target civilians just legitimate military targets, it boasts of the most sophisticated weaponry of the modern age but it just made a mistake, same one almost 2,000 times in killing civilians.

Is this nasty yellow venom spitting sphincter for real? Is he really on the child kill spree side, no principles but consistent.

Yes and yes.  

@SayeedaWarsi: With deep regret I have this morning written to the Prime Minister & tendered my resignation. I can no longer support Govt policy on #Gaza

She's an un elected puppet, put into the cabinet by the eton boys to pretend the dont hate Muslims/women/northerners/ etc. Backfired on the twerps, like Nigel Farage having a tin of robertsons jam with a gollywog on the label in his cupboard to prove he's not racist.

• Upvote 1

@SayeedaWarsi: With deep regret I have this morning written to the Prime Minister & tendered my resignation. I can no longer support Govt policy on #Gaza

And to think people said no good could come out of the current conflict.

• Upvote 4

I've repped this for the point made in the first paragraph Dennis, not the insult SD. 

Size is not a prerequisite for genocide. Sure there have been events where many more people have lost their lives compared to this conflict. Typically though the opportunity to escape or get away and look for assistance from other countries has been available in those instances. The people in Gaza don't have that luxury. They are pegged in on all sides and are being pummelled by one of the most advanced armies on earth.

Physical, biological and cultural genocide is happening in Gaza. And the only people saying otherwise are the perpetrators of this crime.

Excellent post Zonko.  

• Upvote 1

Strontium Dog, on 05 Aug 2014 - 3:39 PM, said:

I believe the convention, when you're not sure what went wrong, is to blame either Nick Clegg or Israel.

Is it? OK cool I wasn't sure of the protocol there.

Are you sure it's Nick Clegg's or Israel's fault the formatting became jumbled? He/They won't like that you're blaming them on such trivial matters SD.

There are only two solutions as I see it currently. 1. Israel hands over (gives back) all territory gained through war, or, the much more radical idea, of 2. completely reintegrating the Israeli people into the west - fully compensated ofc - maybe with some of that 20 trillion that sloshes around on Wallstreet, ergo Palestine returns to its pre 1947 sate of play.

Thank you, thank you.

There are only two solutions as I see it currently. 1. Israel hands over (gives back) all territory gained through war, or, the much more radical idea, of 2. completely reintegrating the Israeli people into the west - fully compensated ofc - maybe with some of that 20 trillion that sloshes around on Wallstreet, ergo Palestine returns to its pre 1947 sate of play.

Thank you, thank you.

Palestine's pre-1947 state of play was as a British protectorate from about 1920.

For 400 years before that it was a province of the Turkish empire, give or take a decade or so under Egyptian rule.

Don't think you've thought this through...

David Fucking Cameron "Our policy has always been consistently clear: we support a negotiated two state solution as the only way to resolve this conflict once and for all and to allow Israelis and Palestinians to live safely in peace. Of course, the Israelis don't feel that way, and we will just turn a blind eye while kill and maim innocent civilians in huge numbers, as well as destroying infrastructure and effectively making those that survive live in a state of squaller with minimal resources!"

Palestine's pre-1947 state of play was as a British protectorate from about 1920.

For 400 years before that it was a province of the Turkish empire, give or take a decade or so under Egyptian rule.

Don't think you've thought this through...

Thanks for the info. No, I obviously haven't thought deeply enough about this. Does Turkey have any claim? Or Egypt?

David Fucking Cameron "Our policy has always been consistently clear: we support a negotiated two state solution as the only way to resolve this conflict once and for all and to allow Israelis and Palestinians to live safely in peace. Of course, the Israelis don't feel that way, and we will just turn a blind eye while kill and maim innocent civilians in huge numbers, as well as destroying infrastructure and effectively making those that survive live in a state of squaller with minimal resources!"

I'm not sure how he thinks a two state solution works with the amount of illegal settlers now living on Palestinian land in the West Bank. Then again he doesn't really give a fuck does he?