You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Graffitti, and now death threats?

Mark P

Its beyond belief it really is. I dont think it's a Blueshite on the wind up either, I think it's real. According to the Daliy Post the letter contained detals of the plan of GH's apartment. Souness never got this sort of shit, its a horrible refelction of society today. You only have to be in our away end though to know there are people capable of suh a thing.

I just can't wait for the inevitable post claiming that GH is only "creating" these stories himself to get some sympathy ............it really shows how stupid some elements of our support is and how fcuked modern soceity really is

I think it's genuine as in, it's a real threat, but i can't actually see anyone wanting to kill him.

Some fucked up red who thinks that he'll make Houllier's life hell by sending him the threat with a layout of his appartment.

So out of order it's beyond words.

I just can't wait for the inevitable post claiming that GH is only "creating" these stories himself to get some sympathy ............it really shows how stupid some elements of our support is and how fcuked modern soceity really is

there's been a couple of posts like that on other forums. I can't believe the bitterness.

sammya , as soon as I posted this , i went to another site and lo and behold , first moron to post claimed that GH is manipulating the press to generate a bit of pity so he'll get more leeway from the fans - How do you respond to someone like that ??? ?? :dunno:

Guest howartj

We've been pretty shite for nearly 2 years and we've had to listen to a lot of shite and I said ages ago if the board don't act soon our relationship with the Le Boss will turn sour (I want him out but not with death threats and graffiti!!!) and it looks like its turning pretty sour...

This is absolutely fucking disgraceful. I was ashamed to be a Red when I heard this this morning. We are fucking small time if we've got shit house fans who behave like this. I've changed my mind about getting rid now. I want him to stay, at least until the end of the season, and ram this shite down all our throats. How the fuck can a few games of football be worth this? I hope they find the cunt responsible and lock him up.

This is absolutely fucking disgraceful. I was ashamed to be a Red when I heard this this morning. We are fucking small time if we've got shit house fans who behave like this. I've changed my mind about getting rid now. I want him to stay, at least until the end of the season, and ram this shite down all our throats. How the fuck can a few games of football be worth this? I hope they find the cunt responsible and lock him up.

Spot on Paul.

We are now officially Tottenham or Aston Villa.

Sad.

One fucking fan does this and we're small time? Rubbish. As is changing your mind on getting rid just out of sympathy...you've always based your support on football reasons (albeit tenuous Paul); to change your mind based on one sick freak's handiwork seems very bizarre.

One fucking fan does this and we're small time? Rubbish. As is changing your mind on getting rid just out of sympathy...you've always based your support on football reasons (albeit tenuous Paul); to change your mind based on one sick freak's handiwork seems very bizarre.

John, does the following (deep breath) constitute the work of one person: letters in the press; personal abuse on the net; banners at the match; booing at the match; ridiculous phone calls to every lowest common denominator style radio show in existence; graffitti on LFC property; death threats?

In my post I said I wanted GH to ram it down ALL our throats. In other words, mine too. I still have grave doubts, on a football level, about his ability to lead us forward. However, I am no longer prepared to keep adding my voice to the totally unreasonable and inhuman pressure he is now under. Some things are far more important than football and the way people treat each other, even in disagreement, is one of them.

Our anthem is "You'll never walk alone" not "You'll only never walk alone if you're pleasing every fan all the time". We are like every other club now. Our support (what an ironic definition of the club's followers) can not claim to be better than anyone else's. Therefore we are, in my opinion, small time.

You may regard this as bizarre but I can assure you it is deeply heart felt. If this is the path to success (ie, hounding out the manger), I'm not interested.

Our support (what an ironic definition of the club's followers) can not claim to be better than anyone else's. Therefore we are, in my opinion, small time.

So who has support now that is not small time? Certainly not the mancs, who are moaning and calling for Fergies head in some parts. Yes, they've lost the title but they're still in CL and FA Cups, but their "support" is moaning.

Real- they fire managers even when they win La Liga, Barca fans wave towels. Is not small time Boro, with their first trophy ever? Or Spurs, or Citeh running managers and sliding into the 2nd div. Is not small time the inability to even half fill stadiums for Cup ties like Sunderland and Bolton?

I think people have better access to internet and media outlets to either a) put forth opinions that are valid and b) spout shite. It is the spouting shite that gets people wound up and, to a degree, has led to graffiti and death threats. I'm sure blues listen to phone-ins and read LFC forums, and get themselves in a right tizzy thinking, hey, I'll pop off a letter to GH. Not saying they did, but if they chant "Die, Nicky, Die" and swarm Paddy Berger's wife and child in a car, and chant "Murderers Murderers".... What has football become? Eight Leicester players perhaps involved in rapes, previous rape and roasting incidents? Perhaps it's just society decaying.

Perhaps it's just society decaying.

Maybe. Which is another reason why I'm making the very small but very personal stand of changing my mind. I don't want him out. He shouldn't give in to bullying.

John, does the following (deep breath) constitute the work of one person: letters in the press; personal abuse on the net; banners at the match; booing at the match; ridiculous phone calls to every lowest common denominator style radio show in existence; graffitti on LFC property; death threats?

In my post I said I wanted GH to ram it down ALL our throats. In other words, mine too. I still have grave doubts, on a football level, about his ability to lead us forward. However, I am no longer prepared to keep adding my voice to the totally unreasonable and inhuman pressure he is now under. Some things are far more important than football and the way people treat each other, even in disagreement, is one of them.

Our anthem is "You'll never walk alone" not "You'll only never walk alone if you're pleasing every fan all the time". We are like every other club now. Our support (what an ironic definition of the club's followers) can not claim to be better than anyone else's. Therefore we are, in my opinion, small time.

You may regard this as bizarre but I can assure you it is deeply heart felt. If this is the path to success (ie, hounding out the manger), I'm not interested.

Paul - fair enough mate. Don't have time on the net now to get back to that in more detail, but I will when I get a chance. All I'll say is that I don't think it's unreasonable pressure - it comes with the territory.

it comes with the territory........thats nice ! death threats come with the territory ??????

Aren't you the one thats fed up with the club losing its traditions ??? whats your belief on the fans losing theirs???

Well said Gav, absolutely spot on.

With the greatest of respect to Gav, Kopite et al - why should those people who feel he cannnot take the club further be made to change their minds because of the repugnant actions of a MINORITY of dick-heads.

These days, any public figure in every walk of life - MP's, football managers, footballers, actors etc - face letters and threats from members of the public who either have a very warped view on life, or more often than not are mentally ill. When John says it goes with the territory he is right. That doesn't make it acceptable. That doesn't mean its right. But I'm afraid it IS a fact of modern life. Do you honestly think there are others in GH's position who haven't faced similar letters? You only get to hear about the one's made public.

For those (me among them) who feel a time for change is due to suddenly face criticism and attack for the actions of some morons over whom we have no control, is utter bollocks - but after months of swipes at the manager that is exactly what is happening in the media.

Personally, I hope the wankers who sent the letter and wrote the graffitti are caught and dealt with harshly, but to say that people shouldn't express non-abusive criticism on the net, in letters to the press, and in phone-ins is utter horseshit. Hell, even the banners at the game have been polite in their criticism.

it comes with the territory........thats nice ! death threats come with the territory ??????

Aren't you the one thats fed up with the club losing its traditions ??? whats your belief on the fans losing theirs???

Funny, because I didn't say that. The pressure he's under - ie, that we demand success - comes with the territory. You know very well what I meant Gav. Been a bit quiet recently, I've noticed...

"Been a bit quiet recently, I've noticed..."

was gonna say the same about you ( even after pompey :eek: ).......

you around for the wolves game ????

I've said it all to be honest mate. Wolves? Might be. Big lot of you over for that one?