You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm so nervous. Dont know what to do.

Guest simon

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke
Went great im gonna be working there on my days off so im well happy.

Well done Simon and hopefully it will lead to something permanent, plus you'll get to learn loads of stuff related to the job etc.

Guest simon
Just try not to do this.

[YOUTUBE]C_5ozDIao8g[/YOUTUBE]

Haha made me laugh that. He is very firey i watched the service like an extremely heated kitchen but wow what i saw was tremendous. Everything was consistant and looked stunning. Even the waitreses were just stood there watching haha he went bloody crazy at them. Scared me a little haha.

He kept passing me stuff to try as well and everything was like nothing i have ever tasted. I had Lamb cooked in Cinamon wrapped with Filou Pastry was unbelievable falavour in it. I watched everything and took notice. He quizzed me after it. And i passed Haha. Night finished asked my what i did why do i want to do this whoi do i want to prove wrong? And why its taken me so long to get to the stage i am i told him everything. About my finger the Gypsies everything. I got to the story about my finger. He halted me asked to see it then pissed him self laughing. Said i must be some nutter then i told him what happened. Then he luged more its clear he likes me he said i had a very good day then said he would see me again sometime. To whioch i then said can i come in when im off work and learn more he said yeah when ever you want. We wont expect you to do anything. If you want to learn anything just ask who ever is there. Then i said is there a chance of a job if i do well he said defenately. See what my head chef thinks hes better than me. Im going in tomorrow again as its my day off.

Guest simon

Was there today i got to eat the best meal i ever had and made a Black Truffle Vinegarette. Also got to try lots of stuff like Balsamic jelly Banana foam Beetroot Truffle. Al was amazing. Im back there on wednesday i really cant wait i bloody love it.

Was there today i got to eat the best meal i ever had and made a Black Truffle Vinegarette. Also got to try lots of stuff like Balsamic jelly Banana foam Beetroot Truffle. Al was amazing. Im back there on wednesday i really cant wait i bloody love it.

Jesus Christ tell me there's meant to be a comma in there some where ?? so are you working there now Si or what ?? I've read all the thread but couldn't quite get the jist ??

I think he is working there for free on his days off, from his real job where he makes microwave meals in a chain pub.

this is what i think is going on.

you would be right id hardly call it free though as what i am learning i wouldnt get from anywhere for free.

And yeah Zeek there are commas missing haha.

I dont have to do a thing there all they ask is i take note of what ever i do and pay attention. there is definately a chance of full time employment from this.

Just remember Si, one thing that went a bit wrong at one of your past jobs.

Never ever lose your rag. Even if people are going on at you and treating you like shit. Keep your cool and your professionalism. Kitchens are a high stress and high pressure environment. People will lose their rags. Don't be one of them. Be cool.