You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

21 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

36 degrees?

Rookie numbers, we call this a lovely spring day in Khartoum and think about taking a jumper out with us, just in case.

Spring day? Where I'm from we like to sit in a volcano to cool down. 

The gammons really are desperate to deny what's going on. This from a Met Office Tweet reporting that it's exceeded 40°C at Heathrow. Comments in the Mail are a total loonfest, continually citing 1976 and 'back in my day'. Useful idiots.

We’ve obviously doing the sensible thing and keeping the hound indoors. He asked to go out a bit ago though, so I let him step out on to the decking at the back. The wimp lasted about 2 seconds and he was straight back indoors. 

Noel Coward knew fuck all. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

The gammons really are desperate to deny what's going on. This from a Met Office Tweet reporting that it's exceeded 40°C at Heathrow. Comments in the Mail are a total loonfest, continually citing 1976 and 'back in my day'. Useful idiots.

It was much easier to acquire Dandelion and Burdock in 1976. Also more people wore Y fronts. It’s a well known fact that sitting in just a pair of Y fronts whilst sipping Dandelion and Burdock was far more useful for combating the heat than anything we have today. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I'm hoping for a big thunderstorm and it cooling down this evening. 

My dog cooling blanket didn't help much, fucking grift that.

They'd sold out in our B&M. Glad they had now.

We had a couple of fans on the go in our room last night. It was still the hottest, most uncomfortable night in a long time, really oppressive, so fuck knows what it would have been like without them.

I fucking hate this weather.

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a good drying day, I’ve done 3 loads. 

I'm defrosting the freezer, hopefully it'll be done in a couple of hours.

Also, when did the weather forecasters move back to saying centigrade instead of celsius, is this one of the Tories Brexit bonuses?

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

Last time I went to Samson I got bombed by gulls up by the ruined cottages . Interesting history the two familes , Woodcocks and the Webbers, that eked out an existence there living off limpets and sea-weed. They saved up for a boat so they could share some of revenue for piloting ships through the channels but it got smashed to pieces in a storm  . The Landord then put deer on the Island for them to look after but they all fucked off to St Marys during a very low tide. Eventually , starving, they were evacuated in the mid 19th century but their cottages , complete with midden of limpet shells still survives . There is a tree by the way up by where the well was. Anyway its a great beach and well worth a visit .  

When it's a nice day people take their boats up to have a desert island to themselves.  

But about 6 other groups have the same idea....

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

When it's a nice day people take their boats up to have a desert island to themselves.  

But about 6 other groups have the same idea....

Better than a car park in Urmston for a spot of dogging to be fair. 

*I'm not suggesting the school have taken your kids class dogging. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I'm hoping for a big thunderstorm and it cooling down this evening. 

My dog cooling blanket didn't help much, fucking grift that.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Another person scammed by the Big Dog Cooling Blanket industry.

Welcome to the infamous TLW pyramid GET COOL scheme. If you sign up for my course I will show you how to get cool by using the blankets you bought. You'll need to pay the £100 get-cool-quick ONE-OFF membership fee and recruit 5 members each. 

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's that hot at the back of ours, the garden is south facing, that I had difficulty closing the conservatory doors, they'd expanded in the heat!

Those pvc patio doors are a fucking nightmare even when it's just standard heat.

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Better than a car park in Urmston for a spot of dogging to be fair. 

*I'm not suggesting the school have taken your kids class dogging. 

There's been a few noncey vibes coming from your draft today, Stig. Now may be the time to put your computer outside in the hope it'll catch fire and destroy all the evidence. 

8 minutes ago, Bot said:

There's been a few noncey vibes coming from your draft today, Stig. Now may be the time to put your computer outside in the hope it'll catch fire and destroy all the evidence. 

I'm not the one going to schools on tit monday.... 

Going to tit island is a completely different matter altogether 

42 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's that hot at the back of ours, the garden is south facing, that I had difficulty closing the conservatory doors, they'd expanded in the heat!

Same with the porch door and windows at the front of our house.

It's ridiculously hot here but I don't think it's quite as hot as yesterday which was brutal.

I only went into the garden yesterday.

Had to walk to Tesco today and its the hottest ive ever experienced, it was stifling. Ive only ever had 35 degree days on holiday, never been to the really hot places. Managed to grab myself a few fruit pastille lolly ices again and finished one off already. 

It'll be a nice memory in December when im doing the same walk and the rain is coming down sideways and i cant feel my face.