You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

My 8 year old is going on a 'picnic' tomorrow, with the whole primary school, to an uninhabited island.  Can't decide if it's a clever move or not, don't want to be overprotective but i'm basically sending him to an island without a single tree to shade under...

Screenshot_20220718-225712.png

image-w1280.jpg

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, John102 said:

Took the babys thermometer in the garden and it said 40 degrees. Dunno how accurate it is but it was roasting so I had a lolly ice.

I hope you took it out of the baby's bum before you took it outside.  Merseyside's most suntanned child.

Struggling to get any work done, sorting any parts out is out of the question as it's too hot to move them, working on the cars is no good either and I don't want to sit in the office and run any simulations as once the PC is at full chooch to run any work it becomes hotter than the sun in there. 

And to top if off my bollocks are like Phil Leotardo's right now.

I fucking hate summer. 

• Upvote 1

Slept dreadfully last night. Mainly due to the wife sleeping dreadfully and being incapable of sleeping dreadfully quietly. 

I wonder if this mini heatwave will see a spike in the spousal murder rate! It would do if our sleeping challenges had been the other way round and I’d dared to move a muscle. 

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

School tradition, every year, it's Samson Picnic. I did it when I was a boy. 

Basically they all go over on a boat and play games on the beach all day. 

Screenshot_20220719-004937.png

Last time I went to Samson I got bombed by gulls up by the ruined cottages . Interesting history the two familes , Woodcocks and the Webbers, that eked out an existence there living off limpets and sea-weed. They saved up for a boat so they could share some of revenue for piloting ships through the channels but it got smashed to pieces in a storm  . The Landord then put deer on the Island for them to look after but they all fucked off to St Marys during a very low tide. Eventually , starving, they were evacuated in the mid 19th century but their cottages , complete with midden of limpet shells still survives . There is a tree by the way up by where the well was. Anyway its a great beach and well worth a visit .  

21 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

36 degrees?

Rookie numbers, we call this a lovely spring day in Khartoum and think about taking a jumper out with us, just in case.

38 actually,at one stage. In the car it hit 42 celsius at start up. I spent most of yesterday in my grandaughters paddling pool,it was cold water but felt ace. 

• Upvote 1