You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Ours are chosen to be “poverty proofed” and we don’t have non-uniform days as loads of kids stay off school because they’re worried that they’ll get the piss taken out of their shit trainees.

Sounds like rather than a problem with uniform, you’ve got a problem with a shit school. 

Poverty proofed  uniforms I'm all in favour of as you can see by my opening sentence in my last post, but my point still stands.

Pupils, whether they're in poverty proofed uniforms or the more expensive ones aren't going to learn much if they're sat in a classroom in unprecedented hot weather in full uniform.

Any school which enforces this imo doesn't care about the health and well-being of its pupils and lacks basic common sense.

I'm sat in my former spare bedroom which since Covid is now my office, currently in t-shirt and shorts and already sweating.

I have already cancelled a 2pm Teams call.

Today is going to be very unproductive.

Edit. And this isn't me moaning about the weather BTW, I love it, I just don't like working in it.

My plan is a nice evening bike ride with a beer garden pint when I finish later.

12 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Fucking nanny state pussies - 57 years ago I was in this heat, no shirt; popping the tar bubbles on the road as the tarmac melted. One fucking day of sun and everyone goes mental and runs for the bunkers

I love all these people saying "we had common sense" in 1976, as if we didn't have public information films telling us not to go climbing on high-voltage power lines.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love all these people saying "we had common sense" in 1976, as if we didn't have public information films telling us not to go climbing on high-voltage power lines.

Exactly. Many of us wouldn’t be alive to complain about how things are now if it wasn’t for this guy. 

C58A78A1-85A7-4AFE-A6D0-933F419FC959.jpeg