You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson and the Skopje press conference.

Duncan Clench

Guest The Chimp

I like you Resonator. You speak much sense. I think I've repped you before, but if allowed I shall do so again.

Edit. Indeed I have. Will have to owe you mate.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's vital that any Liverpool manager has a good relationship with Shaun Custis, Harry Harris, Danny Fullbrook and Rob Beasley and it's of paramount importance that he doesn't upset them as they might write negative things about us...and as one who really cares what the likes of Custis, Beasley, Fullbrook, Harris etc think, that would be really upsetting.

Fuck SKY and fuck the shithouse, lying gutter rags. Roy should have got up, banged his nob on the table, waved it around and then walked out. And so should Rafa. Fuck them. Lying, deceitful, scaremongering, rumourmongering self serving, parasitic, illiterate shithouse cunts the lot of them.

Fuck SKY and fuck the shithouse, lying gutter rags. Roy should have got up, banged his nob on the table, waved it around and then walked out. And so should Rafa. Fuck them. Lying, deceitful, scaremongering, rumourmongering self serving, parasitic, illiterate shithouse cunts the lot of them.

Maybe he should have. But the response to the questions was a little OTT. I am personally am interested in what formation he is going to play and also what is happening with the Young transfer.

They weren't unreasonable, sly or inflammatory questions in my view and he's certainly going to get a few of those at some stage. Probably soon, as well.

Like it or not managing the press is part of the job at a big club. When you have had the success that someone like Ferguson has had you can tell them to fuck off.

Hodgson has never won a fucking thing and if he goes up against the whole press pack he will be gone by christmas.

Maybe he should have. But the response to the questions was a little OTT. I am personally am interested in what formation he is going to play and also what is happening with the Young transfer.

They weren't unreasonable, sly or inflammatory questions in my view and he's certainly going to get a few of those at some stage. Probably soon, as well.

Why are you interested in the formation we are going to use?

When the game starts you will know, so will the coach of the team we are up against.

With most of our first team players not availible, why on earth would he give out any information about this before the game?

When it comes to the transfer, how will it affect your life if he says anything as opposed to not say anything?

Personally I`d long for the days when we could keep everything inhouse when it came to transfers and we got to know about them when they had signed.

Why are you interested in the formation we are going to use?

When it comes to the transfer, how will it affect your life if he says anything as opposed to not say anything?

Well, clearly it won't affect my life. But there are a lot of things that won't affect my life that I am interested in.

You are very mechanical, Code. Are you a robot?

Bit silly of that Guardian journalist to ask him what formation he intends playing, can understand how he'd find that irritating.

True. But it makes for an interesting discussion and is not an unreasonable question in reality. Certainly not one to invoke a curt response in my view.

He'd obviously had a bad day. To suggest he can't deal with the press is a bit naive really. He's a man who has been doing the job for the best part of 30 years. He's not a rabbit in the headlights.

To be fair handling press conferences for some Swedish outfit, Finland or even Fulham is not remotely the same as dealing with the press as Liverpool boss. Even in Milan i doubt the press where as rabid as the british tabloids.

Different level of pressure.

In my opinion answering questions in this way only adds to the pressure and media speculation. Not very clever.

Well, clearly it won't affect my life. But there are a lot of things that won't affect my life that I am interested in.

You are very mechanical, Code. Are you a robot?

Hehe no, not at all I just dont see how this press conference is anything to read anything from.

Did Rafa ever give his formations before a game, does any manager from the PL?

Silly question from the journalist that one.

Hehe no, not at all I just dont see how this press conference is anything to read anything from.

Did Rafa ever give his formations before a game, does any manager from the PL?

Silly question from the journalist that one.

A little misguided maybe but not unreasonable. I would like to listen to Roy talk about tactics, formations and transfers though. I realise this isn't going to happen every week however.

This business about “All we ever seem to do at Liverpool is have discussions” is a little strange. Has anyone else seen or heard any other reports of this being said? It's quite immflamatory, and worthy of comment I would think, but it's hardly been a point of focus has it? Has the Telegraph chap misheard or something? I hope so because it doesn't sound very good at all.

Its exactly this type of parody that hes opening himself up to.

oh dont be so fucking soft

there is nothing in this press confrence.....nothing at all.

the man said he wasnt happy at not having all his players available.

thats it.

its his first competitve game in charge and he obviously wants to get off to a winning start.

people are asking him about formations and tactics, but whatever formation or tactics he plays.......they wont be the same with all the first team back now will they?

give the guy a bloody chance, are you that stupid that you cant see the media is already trying to put him under pressure?, from day one....like they do with every liverpool manager....sad thing is......many of our fans buy into it and help stur the pot even more.

This business about “All we ever seem to do at Liverpool is have discussions” is a little strange. Has anyone else seen or heard any other reports of this being said? It's quite immflamatory, and worthy of comment I would think, but it's hardly been a point of focus has it? Has the Telegraph chap misheard or something? I hope so because it doesn't sound very good at all.

Its reported pretty much everywhere.

go and have a cold shower mate

he is right.....

all we ever do at liverpool is have discussions......discussions in the press....about us.

dont you want the man to do his talking on the pitch.....and win games?

he isnt jose mourinho

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this but Hodgson got pissed off because all the english journalists were asking, "what formation you playing", "any news on young", "any news on insua" to which am sure Roy turned round and basically said can we actually discuss the match and build up to the match because its unfair for the Macedonian press to be sitting here whilst you ask questions about the english game that really has little to do with whats happening tomorrow.

I am not concerned, he is entitled to be pissed off. We all have them days, you cant say why your pissed off because you just are, having travelled with the side to then meet the press. meh rather him then me. Yes it can be concerning but for now can we not cast it off as a bad day. Under Rafa we didnt find it concerning at first. So with Roy I would not to too bothered by yesterday, if it starts happening again yeah there is a need to start wondering but right now there is far too much emphasis on it, only drummed up by the article.