You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson and the Skopje press conference.

Duncan Clench

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray to God i'm wrong but i think Hodgson is going to be a disaster. The job is too big for him imo, although in fairness i think it's too big for most.

I think he will be as success. He has one thing in his favour (which I disagree with) in that he, unlike the previous managers, does not seem to be expected to win the league, in fact he isn't even expected to challenge.

The team is too good to fail I think, a good manager can get them in the top four, but I think it would need a great manager to win the league and I don't think he is a great manager.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned (couldn't be arsed wading through the thread), but I remember Roy went mental last season at a journo who was slightly criticising Smalling after an own goal. I just don't think he has any time for moronic questions or opinions.

I pray to God i'm wrong but i think Hodgson is going to be a disaster. The job is too big for him imo, although in fairness i think it's too big for most.

I feel the exact opposite. Didn't want him appointed at all but have been really impressed so far. Obviously we'll know more in a few weeks but I'm actually showing signs of optimism.

As for the press conference, I've no problem at all if he gives pro Rafa journos a bit of stick but I was concerned over the "always talking" bit. I just hope he isn't in constant conflict with them as after about 8 years of it, it wears you down.

When another question was asked about the difficulties of trying to sign English players, to comply with new Premier League squad rules, in the current market, Hodgson decided to make a firm point.

He said: "We're changing the subject. I don't think it's right in a room full of Macedonian journalists to be talking about things like homegrown rules and English players.

"I think we should be talking about the game, because that is what interests people.

"The subjects you are bringing up now are subjects for a future press conference.

"It is quite important in these last seven minutes that the questions I try to answer, and I gladly will for the Macedonians, will be about the football match tomorrow and not things like systems of play and future transfer targets or the long-term future of English football."

From Sky, that puts it to bed then.

• 5 months later...