Quantcast
Sherlock - Page 7 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I see , tbh I have never read the book's. THat would explain it. Still want to know how he faked it , you're right I have no patience in todays world of the tinterweb one is too used to instant gratification / answers.

Read the original books?

You aren't aware that on the earlier pages some people didn't realise they were based on the original stories. That's the level you're dealing with here.

Is there something wrong with people coming to this new? It doesnt make them mentally deficient for not having read/seen the originals

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think it overdoes things when it comes to being mental.

Those are the bits I enjoy most. Only think I wish is that there were more bits that were not explained and just put in there for the smarty pants to work out.

Really enjoyed the last one. I was able to see immediately how he faked his death. He clearly flapped his coat like a mad yoke thus softening his landing. Simple!

Looking forward to next years already, assuming they make them.

I reckon he jumped on to all the bags of rubbish on the back of that lorry to break his fall, then some sort of elaborate scheme was arranged with Molly to allow him to appear to lose a shitload of blood and be dead and all that bollocks.

I think Molly was the one who knocked into Watson, that would have been planned, it don't think it was Moriaty as they would need his body. Don't forget Sherlock was the one who had falsely said Una Stubbs was shot! He had planned everything through.

I thought it was pretty clever the way they made it seem like it was really some super smart deduction thing going on with all the binary tapping, when really Moriarty just bribed some people. Audience thinks Sherlock has cracked it with mad logic skills and worked it all out but he failed to account for how evil and greedy normal people can be. Bit of a subversion of the usual routine.

If that makes sense. It did in my head.

Enjoyed that last night. Bit over done in parts but it was good to see them both back on the streets of London.

Watson is convinced he's seen Holmes fall to his death, but it's a mind over matter trick played by Holmes. Some magic circle shit will explain how he pulled it off.

Great ending to a good series. Be interesting to see if they'll do another one. Not sure I want them to.

Much like the others in the series, I thought it was vastly style over substance.

I really applaud the writers for trying to put a fresh, contemporary twist on the Conan Doyle stories, but I think where they've been badly let down is in the casting and the performances from the principal actors.

Again, Cumberbatch (who was excellent in the remake of Tinker, Tailor) comes across as a sour, public school twat.

Surely you're supposed to be rooting for the enigmatic genius Holmes, not wanting to see him get his floppy haired skull cleaved ?

And the spastic cast as Moriarty ? Oh do fuck off. About as menacing as an Angel Delight.

Those two cunts really undermined what could have been a top class addition to the Holmes canon.

A kids tea time treat.

And the spastic cast as Moriarty ? Oh do fuck off. About as menacing as an Angel Delight.

While I derided the casting of Moriarty in a previous post, thinking he looked way too young and came across, like you say, as a very slight villain, I was much more convinced in last night's episode with his smarminess (is that a real word) and playing with Sherlock and the audience about his real persona.

Am in 2 minds aobut whether I want to see more episodes because its never good anticipating a new sries of something only to discover that the writers have run out of ideas and the thing has become a shadow of what you once looked forward all week to see..

As if they'd leave it like that. There will be third series. It's been commissioned already.

They have to wait for Martin Freeman to finish filming the hobbit first.

So glad to see Moriarty gone,he was the worst one I've seen and can somebody either kill or send to an acting school that black policewoman character,shes awful.

Apart from those minor faults i enjoyed both series and look forward to another one in the future.

Editor’s Note: Here is the direct quote from show creator Steven Moffat:

@Steven_Moffat

#sherlock Yes of course there’s going to be a third series – it was commissioned at the same time as the second. Gotcha!

The above was taken from the Hobbit movie news web site

Anything series from the BBC containing any level of peril, looks, sounds and feels exactly the same as each other. That whole rushing around to catch up with a threat whilst main protagonist drip feeds his/her own successful overview/solution to the rest of the cast has become massively generic, imo.

Anything series from the BBC containing any level of peril, looks, sounds and feels exactly the same as each other. That whole rushing around to catch up with a threat whilst main protagonist drip feeds his/her own successful overview/solution to the rest of the cast has become massively generic, imo.

I dont watch much on the bbc to be honest but Sherlock Holmes is what it is.

Transferring the whole story forward 100+ years and doing it well is a big ask but has been done well IMO.

Just watched the third episode again. Watched the ending very carefully. The solution to the 'suicide' is all there, but it really is a case of the viewer having to behave like Holmes and notice everything they see.

Just watched the third episode again. Watched the ending very carefully. The solution to the 'suicide' is all there, but it really is a case of the viewer having to behave like Holmes and notice everything they see.

What is it then?

I now also watched the second season and have to say, as with season 1 the first episode was by far the best of the trio. I always loved the character of Irene Adler and the way they did it was very good here (minus the bit Hollywood-ish ending,

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

but I'm glad they didn't kill her)

The actress was very pretty and delivered a brilliant performance.

Baskerville was pretty meh, didn't have the Holmes-feel troughout. The whole military science lab scenario was a bad decision.

Final problem was alright I guess, I never much liked the idea of Moriarty (except on the holodeck in TNG) being some kind of arch-enemy. As someone said earlier, he only appears in one case originally.

'Sherlock' series 4 is happening, according to Benedict Cumberbatch | News Page | Btvguide

With the massive gap between the second and third series of the BBC detective series Sherlock, there's been plenty of room for speculation. Many rumors have circulated that the availabiility of stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman would lead to the series ending after the third series.

Thankfully, this has been proven to be false. Sherlock will return for a fourth series after its third airs later this year. Cumberbatch and Freeman are headlining two of the year's biggest films: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' and 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' but they're still making time for series 3, which starts filming next week.

Speaking at the South Bank Show Awards, Cumberbatch confirmed that a fourth series will follow: "We've agreed to two more series but I could get into trouble for saying that. All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [episodes of series 3] and another three."

Cumberbatch also noted that he believed that the series could continue for as long as the talent involved were invested. ""It just depends on Martin and I's availability, how long we can keep it going," he said. "It depends on Steven's ability. I'd love to keep it going."

Sherlock series 3 is expected to premiere later this year.

Sherlock series 3 is expected to premiere later this year.

Will be looking out for that.

Re Elementary, I started recording it and then never watched it but having seen the trailers for the second series over the last few days I'm thinking I'm missing something here

Will be looking out for that.

Re Elementary, I started recording it and then never watched it but having seen the trailers for the second series over the last few days I'm thinking I'm missing something here

Elementary is ok, both Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Lu (yum) are good. It isn't a patch on Sherlock though for plotting, character and crimes.

Sherlock's adaptation of the original stories is genius. Elementary doesn't try to do that. It's basically your standard US detective series with a guy called Holmes in it.