You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Explain more about this bird.

I knew I should have watched this, but my problem is that I love Sherlock and specifically Brett's or Rathbone's Sherlocks so much that everything else is in comparison. Shite.

Kinda like a younger, dark haired version of Lysette Anthony Ste.

I divnt knar who she is til the final credits, then I'll let you know.

This has been very watchable so far...it hasn't besmirched the good name of Holmes.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought it was surprisingly well written for a British drama. I don't think it was brilliantly cast, but it's not bad. Enough to warrant another watch next week.

Twas shit.

It was laboured and clunky. The central idea of a Holmes detective does not work in a modern setting. Holmes was set in the Victorian era of amateurish policing and he was an ideal of what detective work should be. In modern times it is difficult to see a rank amateur as better than a modern police force with all the modern technology available to it

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Suspension of disbelief not your thing huh?

Other than one TV show, everything he says on TV or Film tends to be utter bollocks. Each to his own, and all that, but he continually shows illustrates why I ignore most of his reviews.

Great version of the great detective. I really enjoyed this. The relationship between Cumberbatch and Freeman is very very good which underpins the whole story of Holmes.

It was witty and fast paced and highly watchable. Nice to see from the beeb, and it's about time.

I thought that introducing Holmes to the modern era was a great idea; showing that good old fashioned deduction and the sciences it entails is a timeless notion. And a lovely nod to the original was that Watson was wounded in a war in Afghanistan- just like in the original stories.

I really enjoyed this, perfect for Sunday night, and I liked the way the clues appeared on the screen.

The lady in question is Lisa McCallister, and she was in Dream Team, played an agent in one of the later series. And I did not google, IMDB this at all. I am pretty good at recognition.

Explain more about this bird.

I knew I should have watched this, but my problem is that I love Sherlock and specifically Brett's or Rathbone's Sherlocks so much that everything else is in comparison. Shite.

I didn't watch this for the same reason. I may have to check it out on i-player. If it turns out to be shit, though, some people on here are gonna pay *waves negzooka menacingly*

Great version of the great detective. I really enjoyed this. The relationship between Cumberbatch and Freeman is very very good which underpins the whole story of Holmes.

It was witty and fast paced and highly watchable. Nice to see from the beeb, and it's about time.

I thought that introducing Holmes to the modern era was a great idea; showing that good old fashioned deduction and the sciences it entails is a timeless notion. And a lovely nod to the original was that Watson was wounded in a war in Afghanistan- just like in the original stories.

I noticed that too. Am currently reading the complete works of SH.