You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

Looking ahead, I think it will take 2 strikers to replace Torres if he leaves - Hunterlaar + Remy or Forlan + one, for example.

I always thought it would take something drastic like the sale of Torres or Gerrard to wake the masses up to the real problems at the club but i reckon now, if Torres leaves, more people will be angry with him than they will be with the board and owners.

Guest ShoePiss
Looking ahead, I think it will take 2 strikers to replace Torres if he leaves - Hunterlaar + Remy or Forlan + one, for example.

I always thought it would take something drastic like the sale of Torres or Gerrard to wake the masses up to the real problems at the club but i reckon now, if Torres leaves, more people will be angry with him than they will be with the board and owners.

If he does leave you just know the club will be on the pr offensive to ensure that's the case.

The sickening thing is our players being linked with no-mark clubs who got just got lucky, cunts like this Mancini chap who hadn’t heard of city before he went there. As a club we never really lived beyond our means, all we needed originally was a bit of forward thinking from Moores / Parry and a bit of commercial awareness, makes you sick thinking about it.

I don't get what his problem is supposedly? Hodgson said he had no problem with the footballing side of things and that it's all about other things.

If he just wants what's best for the club like some are claiming, then he should commit himself. By staying he would help the club massively and keep us a more attractive prospect for buyers.

If he wants to play with better quality players, then go to Chelsea/City/Inter. He should know by now that our situation is what it is, accept it or leave.

If he has some sort of ethical problem with the firing of Rafa, then he shouldn't have made those comments about it "being the best thing for everyone."

If it's got something to do with H&G, then just speak out about it like Pepe has done.

I don't know what's going on, but it sounds like we're having to work really hard to convince him to stay. My feeling is that it's actually none of the things above and he's probably just happily enjoying his holidays. I believe it is more a case of the club/Purslow making a bigger deal out of than it actually is. Then if he stays, Hodgson and Purslow can try to claim another victory. Besides, would you be making any demands if you had just spent two consecutive years only being available to your bosses 60% of the time? You'd be happy you were still in a job at all. I think Fernando knows that he owes us.

I don't believe Purslow wants to sell him. He would look like an enormous fool after going to all the trouble of firing Rafa if it then would only lead to the departure of our best player. H&G probably want the cash, but Purslow is pulling the strings right now.

I don't believe Purslow wants to sell him. He would look like an enormous fool after going to all the trouble of firing rafa if it then would only lead to the departure of our best player. H&G probably want the cash, but Purslow is pulling the strings right now.

Don't think this Purslow gives a fuck about his image with support, he's lied about SOS minutes, acted like a prick in the ground giving thumbs up to idiots asking about Rafas position - "He's gone", Mid Ocean links etc. not going on but the fellas a bastard.

Its really simple, he can give us some loyalty and stay for another season, we could get bought in the next year who knows?

Or he can fuck off.

He's not going to base his decision on guesswork or maybes. He obviously wants guarantees, actions not words.

Maybe he's pissed off because we've been a bit too dependent on him these past couple of years and that's why his body is a bit broken. In signing his new contract maybe there were promises made that have been broken and that is a step too far for him and it's a matter of principle now. Maybe, simply, for the sake of his career he feels he's better off moving elsewhere.

Call Torres all the cunts you want if he leaves,but that anger will hugely misdirected, regardless of how the club try and spin the situation.

No. For whatever reason he left, he'd still be a massive cunt if he went to Chelsea or City.

But he won't so it's all trivial.

But he's obviously considering a move, isn't he.

We should be focusing on why he's considering a move.

He's not going to base his decision on guesswork or maybes. He obviously wants guarantees, actions not words.

Maybe he's pissed off because we've been a bit too dependent on him these past couple of years and that's why his body is a bit broken. In signing his new contract maybe there were promises made that have been broken and that is a step too far for him and it's a matter of principle now. Maybe, simply, for the sake of his career he feels he's better off moving elsewhere.

Call Torres all the cunts you want if he leaves,but that anger will hugely misdirected, regardless of how the club try and spin the situation.

On the same forum where we’ve got threads defending Broughton and Purslow we’ve got people telling Fernando Torres to fuck off.

Happy days in Hicksville.

People are entitled to have a go because they love the club.

I'd play for them in the Vodkat premier league for free because I love them and I expect the players to be loyal and want to play to.

Its a bit naive but its the way it is.

If you dont want to play for us, whoever you are, then hurry up and do one.

It's Sunday morning. I'm going to have a big breakfast, consisting mostly of pork products. Later on I will go out and visit licenced premises where I will consume alcoholic beverages. After I have had enough to drink I will return home, my brain functions altered by the effects of the alchohol, and then I will consider my opinion on this topic.

I'm broke, my balls are hanging around my knees, found a cock eyed Jebus, throat juggled my puke, discovered worthwhile dross and am now going to bed. My opinion is this - worrying about tomorrow is as pointless as regretting yesterday. Torres isn't going anywhere.

I don't think he owes us anything. Regardless of talent it's a massive thing for a person such as Torres to leave his boyhood club and move into a new way of life and a new style of football. A player such as him, taking all that on needs guarantees and needs protecting. It's the board that's letting him down yet he obviously still has an emotional attachment to the club and supporters and that's probably a very difficult tear for a person like Torres to deal with. He's a purest in how he sees the game and what he values most is certainly not money. That's why he chose Liverpool FC in the first place but 3 years on things have changed at the club and for the worse, he didn't sign up for this. The promises being made to him when he joined must almost seem laughable to him now. The empty promises made since to him when renewing his contract may prove simply, as salt in the wound.

I'm not saying he will stay or that he will leave but what is certain is that he has been considering a move for some time now and has just cause to be unhappy. Be it as a matter of principle or for the sake of his career i can certainly empathise with why he is considering a move away and his doubts over those currently running the club and whatever new promises they're now making.

I don't know why, but I can't stand Mancini. I can't wait to see that fraudulent cunt sacked.

I know exactly where you're coming from Mick. He hasn't impressed me in the slightest and, to be honest, I doubt he's impressed City's owners either. They were mad to sack Hughes and go for Mancini, a manager who was clearly not their first choice. They should have held out for who they wanted because all they've done is give another man a shit load of money to spend re-building a team that wasn't fully constructed in the first place. When they sack Mancini, they'll only end up doing the same thing again. They'll get top four this season, but I'll be amazed if they win the league, which is what they're aiming for - and really should be judged by considering their outlay.