You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

My thoughts,

Nando staying- Bonus for the team, bonus for morale and of course if he stays fit it means goals. We had the scraf photo and I hope this means, I have played in the WC "I'm staying to let you all know but I am going on holiday so give us a break"

Nando going- We will only see a small percentage of his dollar's raised and the replacement unless a steal wont be good enough. It will be a backwards step for the club as we are looking to build upon and maintain our team going forward. After the scarf photo he will be a massive CUNT for going anywhere other than back to Athletico- but they wont be able to afford him, His autobiography on the other hand states how much he wants Champions League football and we cannot offer that so that may be his sticking point.

But he is not the be all and end all of this Club, I am a Liverpool fan and will not love them any less if he goes. It will hurt but I will have the memories.

We are a team that is moving forward and we need to remove the people that do not want to be a part of that, Masch has said that already so at least we have enough time to find his replacement. Lucas is clearly not good enough and Spearing is to inexperienced.

My oppinion Nando will still with an agreement with the owners that by January if we are not in the top 4 and fighting he can leave.

Sky Bet have Torres at 1/3 to be at Chelsea by the end of the window

I still stand by the fact that if a player doesn't want to play for us then they can fcukoff!

Torres or not players come and go and 50m + can buy a decent replacement! Nandi is a star player but is injured loads and has said he can't cope with the epl!

Just saying (unlike the papers are reporting) if Torres leaves it's not the end of the world!

I don't know how Torres has the cheek to demand player signings, investment etc as a precursor to staying put. I mean he's a fucking great striker and all that but we were the ones who took a chance with him.

Realistically there are only a handful of clubs in europe with the prestige and chance of winning silverware and not every great player can win everything all the time and they can't all play for Barcelona or whoever.

Just concentrate on putting in a full season of hard fucking graft and quit flashing your fucking knickers.

I don't know how Torres has the cheek to demand player signings, investment etc as a precursor to staying put. I mean he's a fucking great striker and all that but we were the ones who took a chance with him.

Realistically there are only a handful of clubs in europe with the prestige and chance of winning silverware and not every great player can win everything all the time and they can't all play for Barcelona or whoever.

Just concentrate on putting in a full season of hard fucking graft and quit flashing your fucking knickers.

Can't stand those pesky Liverpool fans and players, expecting poor ol' Tom and George to pay RBS with what? Monopoly Money!?

Mate that's a load of shit, we've been making profits in the transfer market for the last 2 years, money has been disappearing with board members lieing to the player and manager. We finished 2nd two seasons ago, we should have kicked on and invested some cash in the squad, not merely spend less than we brought in. Clubs exist to win trophies, players join big clubs to win trophies. Torres is well within his right to demand that the board allow the manager to spend money that the club earns, I'm sure he's pissed off that it's all going to RBS and the leeches.

What annoys me is that even the club and the manager is hinting about "we don't know what he will do/what he will decide/where he will play next sesaon" etc. That must mean they have accepted that other clubs can talk to him. If not this would not be a discussion, they could just say "he still has 4 years left of his contract and is going nowhere". How hard is it? And why the fuck is Torres letting this be about him being a victim or whatever? He is playing in his 2nd club, he really loves Liverpool, me makes shit loads of money, the fans love him, etc. So shut the fuck up, come back to Melwood and prepare for next season. You made that decision when signing that contract, and you knew there were no guaranties of CL or titles in the contract. Live with it, we do.

The club have come out in the past few weeks and Broughton said under no uncertain terms that he is not for sale, and we don't want to sell him.

The ball is in Torres' court.

And the discussion should have ended there, but it doesn't. Which means they are letting him go afterall if he want to. So "not for sale" means nothing. I am confident Torres chooses right though.

And the discussion should have ended there, but it doesn't. Which means they are letting him go afterall if he want to. So "not for sale" means nothing. I am confident Torres chooses right though.[/quote

As an example Arsenal refusing to speak to Barcelona

And the discussion should have ended there, but it doesn't. Which means they are letting him go afterall if he want to. So "not for sale" means nothing. I am confident Torres chooses right though.

The club will only let him go if he says he wants to go publically, they'll make him come out and say he wants to leave.

The way Hodgson sounded then, I think Torres has given him the heads up that he is staying, compared to what he was saying couple weeks ago that he was hoping him to stay and work with him but needed to speak to Purslow, to now that as far as he was aware he is looking forward to the start of the new season with us and just wants to keep a low profile.

So basically all what talksport and "he wants champions league football" has all be shit.

Hodgson on reports Torres wants CL football next season:

"I know nothing about that. As far as I know he's looking forward to coming back here, he's back on Monday. He's enjoying a holiday which is a well-deserved break I think, I don't think he's had one for 3 years. He's spending a lot of time with his family. As far as I know he's keeping a very low profile, not really speaking to anyone, but he has told us that he's looking forward to Monday, looking forward to getting back to work, looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season. That's what I know so all other reports I would suggest are erroneous."

Hodgson on reports Torres wants CL football next season:

"I know nothing about that. As far as I know he's looking forward to coming back here, he's back on Monday. He's enjoying a holiday which is a well-deserved break I think, I don't think he's had one for 3 years. He's spending a lot of time with his family. As far as I know he's keeping a very low profile, not really speaking to anyone, but he has told us that he's looking forward to Monday, looking forward to getting back to work, looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season. That's what I know so all other reports I would suggest are erroneous."

Nice one Roy, in one swoop that should've shut a lot of people the fuck up. Brilliant. Still won't feel totally settled until he says something himself, but that's great to read.