You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

On 5-Live they're talking about Citeh and have just been saying that Citeh have now come out and said they're not interested in Torres - they seem to think Torres' agent will have told them to fuck off. This is Br*ght, Savage, Pleat and the presenter. I didn;t hear the actual quote.

Did they mention Chelsea?

To be fair, there is a massive fucking difference between going to Chelsea, and then going to Real Madrid.

All this shit about understanding the club, the city and Ethos. All this shit about 'His kid growing up a scouser' It will all be shit and hollow if he moves to Chelsea.

Make no mistake if Fernando is the man he says he is, he won't go to Chelsea, and he certainly won't go to Manchester fucking City.

Very true. If all the noises he's made in his 3 (almost) impeccable years here are true, he'll go abroad if and when he leaves. But he'll blot that copybook completely if he pisses over his words and goes to either of the aforementioned.

I don't think he's off, for what it's worth. Every now and then we get a 48 hour period where it goes mental. As I said before, the Chelsea speculation has a lot of Fleet Street stirring to it - they're utterly convinced that a player of Torres' calibre "belongs in the capital." And they're a gang of cunts.

The way I see it, he's been screwed around by the club and we've established that. Therefore, he wasn't the one who broke those promises, he wasn't the one who lumped an unsustainable debt on the club, we're targetting the wrong person here.

He's just a professional footballer, who knows his days at the top of the game are numbered, especially with his fitness record. A move could be his best chance to win the silverware he craves. Which I completely respect, now obviously I fucking hate Chelski as much as the next Red, but I also respect Torres' motives and we don't know the circumstances entirely.

If you tell your wife you love them, you love their family, you love the way they go about business, and you love the place where they live.

You then don't 6 months down the line when shit gets abit nasty fuck off do you?

Didn't he say a bit ago what is the point in just fighting to get into the top 4? That he wants to win trophies and he wants to see progress squad wise?

If he thinks that I doubt signing 2 freebies and a £2m centre half will change his mind at this moment in time.

There are lots of stories in the papers. I prefer to look at what people do. Up until now Torres has always done the right thing and it seems to matter a lot to him. I think he will be true to himself from now on, as well.

Very true. If all the noises he's made in his 3 (almost) impeccable years here are true, he'll go abroad if and when he leaves. But he'll blot that copybook completely if he pisses over his words and goes to either of the aforementioned.

I don't think he's off, for what it's worth. Every now and then we get a 48 hour period where it goes mental. As I said before, the Chelsea speculation has a lot of Fleet Street stirring to it - they're utterly convinced that a player of Torres' calibre "belongs in the capital." And they're a gang of cunts.

I don't think he's off, but then I thought Gerrard was off and Torres would give us a year!

And Gerrard isn't pissed off?

I understand Torres' grievances, no doubt his and ours are similar. But do what Gerrard has done and we'll be boss again.

It is different with Gerrard, it would be much, much harder for Stevie to leave us than it would for Torres. No doubt Gerrard is pissed off with being lied to but I don't think he'd ever leave now no matter what the circumstances.

I feel Fernando is playing hard ball and is just putting pressure on the board. He'll be here next season.

I think hes waiting to see if we make any more signings of a good caliber.

He mentioned in the past the team needed at least 4 top quality players. And at the moment we've signed 1 first team player and 2 who are most likely going to be squad players.

But I reckon he wouldnt want to leave us hanging till September so hes bound to make his mind up by the time he comes back to training.

Your like a bunch of fucking drama queens.

Some soft twat on TalkSport (sponsored by PaddyPower) announces he has heard Torres is going and now everyone is trying to tune into TalkSport and PaddyPower recieve a few more bets.

God help you if Torres does come out and say he is leaving.

Better players then him left the club and guess what we are still here.

If he wants to go, fuck him, thanks for the memories.

If you tell your wife you love them, you love their family, you love the way they go about business, and you love the place where they live.

You then don't 6 months down the line when shit gets abit nasty fuck off do you?

If she fucks you about, breaks promises she's made to you, and is a shadow of what she was when you first fell in love with her, then maybe it's best for you as a person to leave her?

Not saying Torres is leaving, but you're a fool if you think he's not thought about his future. If I was a betting man, I'd stick it on him being in a red shirt come September. However, I won't be in total shock if the unthinkable were to happen. I do think though he'll give Roy and the sales process a decent chance. I'd say if we are in the same situation next year, he'll be off 100%. This year though, we have to seriously challenge for silverware, and get back into the top 4, with Torres all of that is possible.

Some soft twat on TalkSport (sponsored by PaddyPower) announces he has heard Torres is going and now everyone is trying to tune into TalkSport and PaddyPower recieve a few more bets.

Spot on.

Not worried about Talkshite Coops, but the stopping of betting is a concern.

Not really mate.

The bookies recieve an influx of betting due to an internet rumour therefore they have to take action by changing the odds and then suspending the betting.

Last summer the exact same thing happened with Ribery joining Liverpool.

Can not remember him making too many appearances for us last season.

I don't think he'll leave, but I do think his head has been turned. He really needs to say something soon though because we can't afford to have this situation dragged out much longer. At least tomorrow we will know that Mascherano is off, and hopefully we'll get the bulk of the Balotelli money from Inter for him.

Paddy power stopped taking bets on a number of things last season that didn't bear fruit. Rafa walking out mid season was one of them, i think the snidey goblin was another also after they said he'd walked from Villa. They are just covering there arse on the back of a few bets.

True dat.

Not really mate.

The bookies recieve an influx of betting due to an internet rumour therefore they have to take action by changing the odds and then suspending the betting.

Last summer the exact same thing happened with Ribery joining Liverpool.

Can not remember him making too many appearances for us last season.

Ha ha, Didn't they stop taking bets on Rafa leaving after the stoke game last year? or something like that.

Talksport was on in work when the Torres/Chelsea thing was broke and I listened to it all.

Basically they had Paddy Power on talking about odds on winning the title next season. Durham tipped us to go close, and then 2 mins later asked Paddy Power about the current odds on Torres' next club. He said Chelsea are 8/1, and Durham said "looks great value after what we've heard". They then said 2 sources have told them he'll be a Chelsea player, but one "less credible" source says he'll be at Liverpool. I also doubt that he'd tip us live on air if he knew Torres was really off.

Sounded to me like a very elaborate way of giving Paddy Power some publicity and a shit load of money waged in bets to his company. Certainly wouldn't take anything else from it at the moment, talksport are hardly the most reliable and respectable of sources are they. Anything to gain a reaction, and that is exactly what they got.