You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

They can't afford him.

Anyway, Torres needs to do something/say something very quickly. We can't have this cloud hanging over the squad... he either needs to say, "Sell me" or "I'm not going anywhere".

Why does he need to say anything though, especially if he does not intend to leave?

Is the cloud actually hanging over the squad or is it hanging over the fans who are desperate to know.

As long as its just speculations I dont think he "needs" to say anything at all, maybe he just wants to enjoy his holiday.

At the end of the day he is under contract for 3 more years.

agreed, but if he can force Purslows hand in releasing some funds to the manager before he commits to the future then all the better

im trying the optimistic route this week

Yeah, I hope that you're right about the fund releasing. LFC's marketing strategy is hooped without Gerrard and Torres.

Are you advocating giving Tom and George £35 million of the Torres money? If so, GTFO.

No, and at no point in that post would anything suggest I was, in fact why have you even wrote this ??? it's called realism and them taking a large chunk of any sales money is something that is very real.

Why does he need to say anything though, especially if he does not intend to leave?

Is the cloud actually hanging over the squad or is it hanging over the fans who are desperate to know.

As long as its just speculations I dont think he "needs" to say anything at all, maybe he just wants to enjoy his holiday.

At the end of the day he is under contract for 3 more years.

I agree with that. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm confident he'll stay for another season.

His options are pretty limited given how much he'd cost. He won't go to City, Barcelona can't afford him and I just can't see him joining Chelsea.

£70m for a player who isn't fit and unlikely to go through next season unscathed - I'd take it.

He's not worth that much anyway - £50m tops.

Wants to go to skanksvile to play alongside a bunch of fucking lying mercenaries - then fucking well go.

Don't want to play for LFC - fucking well go elsewhere.

I'm sorry but can anyone imagine 40 million plus passing through G+H's hands without them touching any of it? Why have so many people somehow suspended their cynicism all of a sudden?

True that.

But that being said, the club simply have to invest in the squad in order for it to be an attractive proposition.

A club without Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard decreases the clubs value dramatically. Yep we might make £80 Million through sales, but the club won't be worth anywhere near the £500 Million it would supposedly be worth with both stars playing for it.

The thing is, though as had been mentioned. Torres is going to have to come out publicly and say he wants to leave, and he won't do that.

My personal feeling is that Torres won't leave, the more perhaps ignorant side of me feels he's just biding his time to fuck up the owners. The less cynical side of me feels, he's just like every footballer, money hungry.

Fuck knows, whats going on though

whether or not G&H would touch the money or not, or whether we'd get to invest it all or none of it etc...

if a player tries to hold the club to ransom, he should be fucked off immediately. no player is bigger than the club. i understand the fernando love in and all, but, and this is a big BUT because no one knows what is really going on with him etc or if any of what we've read in teh press is true, but if fernando is holding the club to ransom and demanding lots of things etc, he should be sold.

i doubt that is what is going on with torres because i don't think he's that type of fella but never say never in this world

if a player tries to hold the club to ransom, he should be fucked off immediately. no player is bigger than the club. i understand the fernando love in and all, but, and this is a big BUT because no one knows what is really going on with him etc or if any of what we've read in teh press is true, but if fernando is holding the club to ransom and demanding lots of things etc, he should be sold.

He might be trying to make sure we get better players here, which would be helping the players, manager, and us as fans. He's going to lose a few fans if he does this, but maybe over time they'll realise what he was trying to do. Yeah that might be wrong, but if we sign another striker before he arrives back from his holiday I'll be slightly more believing of the theory.

He might be trying to make sure we get better players here, which would be helping the players, manager, and us as fans. He's going to lose a few fans if he does this, but maybe over time they'll realise what he was trying to do. Yeah that might be wrong, but if we sign another striker before he arrives back from his holiday I'll be slightly more believing of the theory.

quote the whole thing next time please. my last sentence clearly says i don't think that's what he is doing.

my guess is that he has reservations and hasn't asked for a new contract or anything like that.

why is torres waiting to make up his mind he has 4 years on his contract and his injured ass owes us a full season. If he takes too long we are going to be fucked with 50m+ no striker (in ngog we trust) at the start of the season.

quote the whole thing next time please. my last sentence clearly says i don't think that's what he is doing.

Well you said "but, and this is a big BUT because no one knows what is really going on" in that bit so I think you were covered there anyway. Was just having a guess myself with the response and not getting at you.

Also :

Huge gamble takes place on Spain striker switching to Stamford Bridge

Bookmakers Paddy Power have suspended betting on Fernando Torres joining Chelsea after seeing a flurry of bets on the Liverpool striker switching to Stamford Bridge.

The Spain star had been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City at the start of the day following comments from Roberto Mancini expressing an interest in such a transfer swoop.

However, the Irish firm report a major gamble on Torres swapping Merseyside for London instead and after taking hefty bets at 10/1 and 6/1 they have pulled the plug on this market.

Chelsea FC transfer news - Betting suspended on Fernando Torres joining Blues

This is only going to get worse as the week goes on, and by the beginning of next week if he's not said anything it'll be at fever pitch. (which is when I hope he shuts the clowns up and says he's staying.) Fuck them all.