You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

something positive on this silly saga

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher insists he's 'sure' Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard will be at Anfield next season

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits there has to be some rebuilding at Anfield this season but is confident they can do that and still hold on to star players Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

Torres is yet to return from a post-World Cup break but has been the subject of speculation linking both Chelsea and Manchester City with British record transfer fee bids.

And despite Gerrard publicly declaring his desire to remain with his boyhood club for the forthcoming campaign Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly preparing a £30million offer.

But Carragher believes, after the signing of fellow England international Joe Cole and the arrival of new manager Roy Hodgson, Liverpool's star pair will be around to help them recover from their disappointing seventh-placed finish last season.

'There's been a lot of negativity and it's been like that for a while,' said the centre-back.

'I'm sure that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will still be involved at the club next season.

'If they are, then the aim for Liverpool must be to get back into the Champions League

The 32-year-old added in ZOO magazine: 'Liverpool aren't a club like Real Madrid, who can just throw £100m at it if we don't win the title.

'For clubs like Real Madrid and Inter Milan, it's a disaster if they don't win the league, so they go out and spend big money on new players.

'Liverpool can't do that - we have to build. Next season, rather than thinking too much about the title, we have to concentrate on getting back into the top four.

'It's a rebuilding process again and hopefully we can get ourselves right up there.

I love "we understand that" It's obviously their attempt at sounding more respectable.

Imagine if sky sports weren't allowed to say " sky sports news understands that..."

This is how they'd sound

Someone said that Torres is demanding Champions League football next season and with the reds looking likely to miss out on fourth place this season with just 2 weeks to go, a move away from the club is looking likely.

Someone heard that Jose Mourinho had privately agreed to join Real Madrid after the Champions league final but Sky Sports News has been in Italy all week and someone else said that nothing has been agreed yet.

In other news, someone said that....

something positive on this silly saga

Liverpool's Jamie Carragher insists he's 'sure' Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard will be at Anfield next season

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits there has to be some rebuilding at Anfield this season but is confident they can do that and still hold on to star players Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

Torres is yet to return from a post-World Cup break but has been the subject of speculation linking both Chelsea and Manchester City with British record transfer fee bids.

And despite Gerrard publicly declaring his desire to remain with his boyhood club for the forthcoming campaign Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly preparing a £30million offer.

But Carragher believes, after the signing of fellow England international Joe Cole and the arrival of new manager Roy Hodgson, Liverpool's star pair will be around to help them recover from their disappointing seventh-placed finish last season.

'There's been a lot of negativity and it's been like that for a while,' said the centre-back.

'I'm sure that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres will still be involved at the club next season.

'If they are, then the aim for Liverpool must be to get back into the Champions League

The 32-year-old added in ZOO magazine: 'Liverpool aren't a club like Real Madrid, who can just throw £100m at it if we don't win the title.

'For clubs like Real Madrid and Inter Milan, it's a disaster if they don't win the league, so they go out and spend big money on new players.

'Liverpool can't do that - we have to build. Next season, rather than thinking too much about the title, we have to concentrate on getting back into the top four.

'It's a rebuilding process again and hopefully we can get ourselves right up there.

Another "look at me" interview from big mouth. He's being doing them on a weekly basis for some time. He's practising being manager. Why doesn't he just come out from behind Bascombe's skirts and start posting under his own name on TLW.

He thinks Hodgson's English player bias, 442 system and political timidity means that he, Carragher, won't get benched, as he would have this year under Rafa.

Yes even moreso now you've waded in with your wonderful contributions.

Can I ask why you've made a habit of neg repping me for posts that are in no way out of line, just because they disagree with your opinion? Is it because you're a big bad man behind your keyboard?

No, although I am quite big.

Its because you're annoying.

Worrying he has made no decision though given he's had talks with Hodgson and Purslow. He knows our future plans, so if he's made no decision it worries me that he's looking for a way out. Anyway, we'll know by this time next week hopefully.

I feel the same, although I think he'll stay. He still needs to come out and say it.

Its starting to get a bit boring all this Torres,Gerrard,Masch are off shit the media are spreading around,Gerrard has said he will be here next season the other two haven't Masch will probably leave (oh well,he's been after it for 2 seasons) Torres i think (hope) will stay at least 1 season.I think Masch,Torres should say something though even if its a statement through the official site could you imagine the boot being on the other foot? Liverpool being in the position to say to Torres,Masch we dont know if were gonna renew your contracts this summer ( if they were running out i mean) we will let you know in the coming weeks ! ther would be fucking murder their agents would be going on about Liverpool showing a lack off respect to their clients or it shows a lack of class on Liverpools behalf to string along these players who the fans love ect,ect.....Thursdays our first competitive game it would be nice to know who was staying and who wasn't by then Torres has had his chat with cecil so he must have an idea by now

Not posted for a while because quite frankly even Nurse Ratched would struggle with some of the posters on here these days but here's my twopence worth anyway.

A senior player at the club has been told by a senior source who has spoken to Fernando that he's going nowhere. This I believe to be true.

Having said that my own take on the situation is that if a ridiculous offer came in for him they'd be happy to sell.

But there are a very limited number of options available in this respect and no CEO in their right mind would sanction a deal for him at the moment given his fitness issues and the state of the economy etc etc.

If he puts a solid season in for us. A big "if" as it stands then next summer may well be a different story.

Not posted for a while because quite frankly even Nurse Ratched would struggle with some of the posters on here these days but here's my twopence worth anyway.

A senior player at the club has been told by a senior source who has spoken to Fernando that he's going nowhere. This I believe to be true.

Having said that my own take on the situation is that if a ridiculous offer came in for him they'd be happy to sell.

But there are a very limited number of options available in this respect and no CEO in their right mind would sanction a deal for him at the moment given his fitness issues and the state of the economy etc etc.

If he puts a solid season in for us. A big "if" as it stands then next summer may well be a different story.

Thanks for post. For my two pence worth I believe he will stay this summer. I dont see anyone spending the money quoted on a player whilst there are concerns over his injuries.

Whether Torres wants to stay or not, (I think he does), the money we (LFC) would be looking for would be £50m plus and who would spend that (apart from maybe Citeh) on a crock....

As with all such things, there comes a point when you no longer care. If he goes he goes, if he stays great. His injuries have to be considered a massive question mark now.

Someone needs to sit Fernando down to watch a story about a little welsh twat who left Liverpool for better things, but ended up being in a whole world of shite.

From Dominic King in the echo, only little section but says exactly what needs to be said

Meanwhile, Liverpool have rubbished reports yesterday suggesting a deal was in place to sell Fernando Torres to Chelsea. The club’s summer-long stance that the striker is not for sale remains unchanged and Hodgson is confident he will soon commit his future.

I think torres will stay as well, I think he's just using the 'will he, won't he' scenerio to get the board to show their ambition and put money where their mouth is, the only leverage torres has to do this is to keep the uncertainty going as long as possible, we already know that he isn't happy with the lies and broken promises at board level, he's a good lad he'll stay another year at least, I'm all for him keeping everyone guessing for as long as possible, keep it going till we know what they are going to be spending the mascerano money on.

Yes even moreso now you've waded in with your wonderful contributions.

Can I ask why you've made a habit of neg repping me for posts that are in no way out of line, just because they disagree with your opinion? Is it because you're a big bad man behind your keyboard?

No its because he's a tit