You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 year later...

Yeah got to agree with the shout for Mount Gay, really easy to drink and mellow. Cavalier rum is another good one but you don't see it very often (it's from Antigua).

If I drink around town I stick to Havana club especial (the 4 year old, Gold one) as most places don't stock anything better.

For anyone feeling a bit skint, Lidl's own gold rum (which is called James Cook) isn't bad at all especially for the money.

Had myself some Mount Gays with ginger ale, lime and ice at the weekend. Outstanding stuff.

Tell you what though, try ordering one in a fucking pub, it's like an episode of Knightmare.

"Sidestep to your left, next to the Smirnoff, walk forwards, put the Mount Gay in your knapsack. Put some lime in it, no a slice of lime not lime juice."

• 10 months later...
Back on the Brugal. Lovely.

I've got a bottle of Wray and Nephew in the cupboard which I got given as a present about 3 years and ago and have never opened. The fact it's 63% has put me off.

What's that like' date=' anyone?[/quote']

Absolutely love Brugal. Had it first in St Lucia.

• 1 month later...
Was in Barbados last November and was on my way there but got sidetracked by Rum & strong weed as you do

Next time...it's meant to be a good laugh, is it not?

Yea mate boss there, outdoor music and some mad dancing, what's not to like, ha.

All the little fish market stalls just turn into rum shacks of a night, shame it's only once a week (wednsday I think).

Just cracked the Wray & Nephew a few hours ago in the garden. Doesn't taste bad per se but it's got a hell of a fucking kick to it. Had two glasses now with Pepsi and feel half cut.

fucking hell mate i'll be surprised if you aren't smashed right now if you carried on drinking. smells lovely that stuff eh?

but fuck me it's brutal.

fucking hell mate i'll be surprised if you aren't smashed right now if you carried on drinking. smells lovely that stuff eh?

but fuck me it's brutal.

Switched to Jamesons after the 3rd glass. Gonna have to quit soon though I'm up at 6 tomorrow and working a 12 hour shift.