You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm 40 now i feel like I should lay off the WKD blue and have a decanter of something on my sideboard where I could pour a glass in the evening, sit back and swirl the glass, clink the ice, contemplate the day in a dim lit room, if I weren't a former smoker light a cigar and tell my missus she's looking a little chunky on the hips.

I dont like whisky.

Rowley Birkin, QC – The beaver is a proud and noble animal

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I’ve cut down my drinking to the point it’s been almost non-existent for for the last couple of years but, well with it being so hot, Budvar has led to Asahi and now Havana Club. Just tried to nail the fast bit to ‘One Week’ by Barenaked Ladies and almost killed my mrs she was laughing that much. Anyway, Rum Ham. 

9D6092C6-72DD-4E92-8AD7-54AF342BCC8E.gif

Paid a visit to the Papas Pilar distillery in key west the other week and it was a brilliant little tour. 

Bought a bottle of blonde and a bottle of dark and finally cracked them open last night and I’ve spent today in a coma. 

Highly recommended 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Paid a visit to the Papas Pilar distillery in key west the other week and it was a brilliant little tour. 

Bought a bottle of blonde and a bottle of dark and finally cracked them open last night and I’ve spent today in a coma. 

Highly recommended 

I went on a tour of the Brugal rum factory in the Dominican Republic a few years ago and picked up a couple of bottles of premium rum for about $3 each at the end. 

Only downside was the tour ended about 9.30am and they had a double shot - straight - for everyone at the end of the tour. My Mrs wouldn’t have hers so I had two then pretended I needed a wee while I went and had a little cry in a cubicle for ten minutes. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I went on a tour of the Brugal rum factory in the Dominican Republic a few years ago and picked up a couple of bottles of premium rum for about $3 each at the end. 

Only downside was the tour ended about 9.30am and they had a double shot - straight - for everyone at the end of the tour. My Mrs wouldn’t have hers so I had two then pretended I needed a wee while I went and had a little cry in a cubicle for ten minutes. 

Hahahaha

we had a 3 hour drive to key largo straight after it and the tour guide just wasn’t having any of it and kept giving us shots of the different flavours. 

Can’t remember anything about the drive but my cough didn’t half clear up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, halewood pete said:

We have a winner.vanilla flavours,Philippines rum.Beautiful.Sainburys.32 quid but sometimes on offer for 28.

Screenshot_20220813-011956_Chrome.jpg

I know some people who swear by Don Papa. 

Never tried it myself. 

I’ve been drinking East Coast White rum lately - so much so that I can’t drink my old favourite Sailor Jerry any more. It just tastes of sugar and fake vanilla. Stupid retrained palate. 

16 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

I know some people who swear by Don Papa. 

Never tried it myself. 

I’ve been drinking East Coast White rum lately - so much so that I can’t drink my old favourite Sailor Jerry any more. It just tastes of sugar and fake vanilla. Stupid retrained palate. 

They ruined Sailor Jerry by changing the recipe to the rubbish they produced for the rest of the world.

I bought a big bottle before and it comes out very occasionally, lovely.

817705C1-C7CD-4AA9-9120-88BA3EB61142.jpeg