You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to suggest Hodgson will play attacking football. Don't know why people expect him to, when his other teams never did.

All those who complained at the football that Rafa "served up" as though they were food critics in a 5 star restaurants are really going to love Roy. He won 4 away games in two years at Fulham. He considered a 0-0 draw a job well done. His victories at home were based on a deep-lying defence with kick-and-rush counter attacks that worked particularly well with the better teams who came to attack and whose over-confidence left them exposed.

There'll be no more Rafa-like switching system depending on the opponents and certainly not during games. Hodgson only knows one formation - the one he was taught by the FA coaching school so many years ago.

Carragher will love it. It will gel well with his growing level of incompetence. The defence will be so deep his lack of pace won't be a factor. But that still won't stop him conceding a few own goals.

I aint going to defend Lucas because in some areas he is shit (lack of attacking prowess) whilst in others he is okay (defending, covering, tackling etc)

Calling him outright shit aint the way foward here.

It works for me. Because he is.

If he starts more than 15 games for us in the Premiership, we can forget even getting fourth. He's one of the players Torres was talking about when he said we needed "four or five" top-quality additions to the squad. No other team in the top half of the Premiership has a regula starting midfielder worse than Lucas.

And the fact that he has now *captained* Liverpool is enough to make you despair.

Sadly, I think the departure of Masher will mean this fucking mediocrity may actually prolong the misery of his dreadful Liverpool career for at least another season.

If he starts more than 15 games for us in the Premiership, we can forget even getting fourth. He's one of the players Torres was talking about when he said we needed "four or five" top-quality additions to the squad. No other team in the top half of the Premiership has a regula starting midfielder worse than Lucas.

And the fact that he has now *captained* Liverpool is enough to make you despair.

Sadly, I think the departure of Masher will mean this fucking mediocrity may actually prolong the misery of his dreadful Liverpool career for at least another season.

You are really out to get him aint ya?

He has done nothing wrong to deserve that kind of abuse. He is progressing as a player and the fact that he did get the captaincy means that the gaffer sees something in him too.

I can provide quotes if you like for me to back up that last statement.

I can provide quotes if you like for me to back up that last statement.

Oh could you? That would be just *great*.

I'm pretty sure that some fucking quotes from Old Uncle Woy would almost certainly be enough to change my mind about the useless cunt, given that I've been watching him play - in mounting agony - for three years.

Oh could you? That would be just *great*.

I'm pretty sure that some fucking quotes from Old Uncle Woy would almost certainly be enough to change my mind about the useless cunt, given that I've been watching him play - in mounting agony - for three years.

I would take his evaluation over yours though. He sees him every day at training and has scouted players too.

Then again you know more than Uncle Woy dont you?

Roy tells Lucas: You still have LFC future - Liverpool FC

Guest davelfc
Kaiserslautern appear to have a RB called I'm A Dick.

For that alone they well deserved the win.

Don't forget Danny Fuchs. Comedy gold team that.

I know its only two friendlies so far and he's only used the youngesters. But i really don't like the formation Woy is using. I'm hoping its only because he doesn't have the senior players back because our players aren't really suited to 4-4-2.

Neither him or Kuyt are assets in a top 4 side. The side would do better without them. I hope this becomes clear to Hodgson before it's too late.

I don't really understand your first comment , as Lucas appeared 25 times in 2008/9 and we came second.

I don't get how he causes the volatile responses he does ( Pro & Anti ) , as to me he is basically a decent & improving young lad who should be our 3rd or 4th central midfielder but shouldn't have started as many games as he did last season.

The vitriol aimed at him annoys me however , as whatever you think of his skills he seems to be a very likeable & positive lad who has never shown anything negative in his attitude to the club & puts 100% into every game he plays.