You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Squad for sale - years to recover Rafa's damage

coop

I'm so tired of reading all the bollocks about Rafa in the media and by other people connected to the club. He won us an FA Cup and a European cup. On top of that he was closer than anyone in the last 20 years bringing the league back to Anfield and still it's made out like he was the worst manager we've had in ages. Fuck right off and get some perspective on how this club has been ran like a fucking cornershop for far too many years falling further and further behind the other top clubs.

he won one the most successful club in english histroy 2 trophies in basically 6 odd years, and we are meant to lord him?

his rant and poor negative team selections and tactics cost us that league.

gerrard won him those two trophies single handled in many matches. 30 yard volley in injury time ring any bells?

champions legue final...gerrard and carra dig us out of yet another hole.

im sick to death of hearing people lord this guy so much, he pissed money up the wall on shit players. we are in financial meltdown becuase he signed so much shit and didnt even know how to use players properly.

he took us for 6 million. if he loved us he could have walked away and gave that money to the next manager for players. he will take the best defensive midfielder with him and probably at a very cheap price.

he refused to play reserves and youth and many of them got fed up, and left un motivated....abit how he left the whole club.

lord benitez? rafa el gaffa?....he can fuck off

his ego and stubborness has sent this club backwards nobody else!

What a load of shite, the clubs financial problems are nothing to do with Rafa

laughable

read above the man wasted fuckin millions. he spent money on players like dossena when we all knew we needed a striker his fucked up mentality and decision making sent liverpool into melt down.

his most successful years were down to the players. when they fell out of form he dint have a fucking clue.

the yanks gave him enough money and he fucking wasted the vast majority...open your bloody eyes

we lost 19 games last year, and most of them were down to rafa, his team selection and tactics.

when we did well he got lucky cus last minute stevie g goals got him through games.

fact.

Anyone who uses "He's spent a fortune" in a critique of the last manager immediately gets their opinion downgraded to junk status for me.

well read above.

apart from souness i cant think of a liverpool manager with such a poor record in the transfer in the market.

Keane is shite and I said so when we were first linked with him and when Rafa signed him. But I'd never have a bad word to say about the great one would I?!

Cavalieri is a far more decent back up keeper than 90% of the sides in the league.

Kuyt has been a 'good' player for us. Is he what I would ideally like? No. Can I appreciate his contribution to the club? Of course I can. Only a twat wouldn't.

That leaves Babel and Lucas.

Babel has been shite and Rafa's worst signing in my opinion.

Lucas is a scapegoat and neither as bad or as good as arguing parties try to make out.

Remember the phrase? 'He's gone' get over it'.

good player?

my god

have you ever played football?

this guy is a laughing stock with every other club. they rub their hands in delight when they see him on the team sheet.

"ok lads kuyt is playing, show him inside, get tight, we all know his touch is shit".......guess what......it worked for every game he has ever played against any team.....

now add to that the fact he cant link up with the full back......you have a blue print to beat liverpool.....

and many teams did.

how many clubs have offered for dirk since we bought him?

good player my ass.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
he won one the most successful club in english histroy 2 trophies in basically 6 odd years, and we are meant to lord him?

his rant and poor negative team selections and tactics cost us that league.

gerrard won him those two trophies single handled in many matches. 30 yard volley in injury time ring any bells?

champions legue final...gerrard and carra dig us out of yet another hole.

im sick to death of hearing people lord this guy so much, he pissed money up the wall on shit players. we are in financial meltdown becuase he signed so much shit and didnt even know how to use players properly.

he took us for 6 million. if he loved us he could have walked away and gave that money to the next manager for players. he will take the best defensive midfielder with him and probably at a very cheap price.

he refused to play reserves and youth and many of them got fed up, and left un motivated....abit how he left the whole club.

lord benitez? rafa el gaffa?....he can fuck off

his ego and stubborness has sent this club backwards nobody else!

laughable

read above the man wasted fuckin millions. he spent money on players like dossena when we all knew we needed a striker his fucked up mentality and decision making sent liverpool into melt down.

his most successful years were down to the players. when they fell out of form he dint have a fucking clue.

the yanks gave him enough money and he fucking wasted the vast majority...open your bloody eyes

we lost 19 games last year, and most of them were down to rafa, his team selection and tactics.

when we did well he got lucky cus last minute stevie g goals got him through games.

fact.

well read above.

apart from souness i cant think of a liverpool manager with such a poor record in the transfer in the market.

good player?

my god

this guy is a laughing stock with every other club. they rub their hands in delight when they see him on the team sheet.

"ok lads kuyt is playing, show him inside, get tight, we all know his touch is shit".......guess what......it worked for every game he has ever played against any team.....

now add to that the fact he cant link up with the full back......you have a blue print to beat liverpool.....

and many teams did.

good player my ass.

I disagree.

good player?

my god

and many teams did.

good player my ass.

Yeah that tactic works so well vs Kuyt.

2008-2009 Premier League - P 38 - G 12 - A 9

2009-2010 Premier League - P 37 - G 9 - A 4

Considering we had a shite season 09/10 even then Kuyt's stats are ace.

One of the most productive wingers in the premier league.

I bet people are delighted to play Vs Kuyt.

laughable

I assume you got mixed up when you registered for the forum. would you like me to arrange to change your user name to tohicks?

as most will know on here, i am not a member of the rafael benitez cock sucking club. however, to blame him for the financial mess our club is in when the pair of twats who own us have made sure we pay £110,000 PER DAY IN INTEREST ONLY, is just fucking ludicrous. Benitez did many things wrong, but that is one we can't blame him for.

That thread on the GF about whther there's a god or not...I think that post right there from sgerrard (a contender for the shittest username ever) is conclusive proof that there isn't one.

"Won the game single-handedly", that's a neg...always. Especially if it's about the FA Cup final where Sissoko played like three men for half an hour.

Guest TK-421
That thread on the GF about whther there's a god or not...I think that post right there from sgerrard (a contender for the shittest username ever) is conclusive proof that there isn't one.

"Won the game single-handedly", that's a neg...always. Especially if it's about the FA Cup final where Sissoko played like three men for half an hour.

Being the massive and utter cunt that I am, I like to forget about Olympiakos, Leverkusen, Juve, Chelsea, Man Utd and Chelsea again. It was Gerrard, he did it single-handedly I tells yer.

good player?

my god

and many teams did.

good player my ass.

I've played semi pro, you?

if you could read I have said he is not ideal.

I'd rather 11 of him on the pitch than one of you on this forum mind!

Hamstrung needs to re-enforce his "Goal.com = Neg.com" policy.

I couldn't neg coop, it'd be like punching my granny. I'll have to insert a spastic clause into that one. Suffice to say, if sgerrard did it, he'd be stepping in a great big neg turd.

stallone460.jpg

Go for it.

Are you the black guy or the midget?

I disagree.

mwah

Yeah that tactic works so well vs Kuyt.

2008-2009 Premier League - P 38 - G 12 - A 9

2009-2010 Premier League - P 37 - G 9 - A 4

Considering we had a shite season 09/10 even then Kuyt's stats are ace.

One of the most productive wingers in the premier league.

I bet people are delighted to play Vs Kuyt.

stats dont win games. players do. i dont give a fuck about how many times he shinned the ball into the path of another liverpool player to score a goal. or how many fucking times he played so shit for 90 mins yet came up with a goal in the last minute.

i have eyes, and those eyes regularly see a man control a rolling ball, on the floor, with his shin. i have never seen any player with such ability.

not to mention the fact he needs wd40 on his legs, creak old kuty rusting away on the wing.

to say he is a productive winger is a joke.

do you know why he was so productive? (according to the stats)..becuase he never got dropped and he got more 90 minute games than a goal keeper does.

and we lost 19 games.

I assume you got mixed up when you registered for the forum. would you like me to arrange to change your user name to tohicks?

as most will know on here, i am not a member of the rafael benitez cock sucking club. however, to blame him for the financial mess our club is in when the pair of twats who own us have made sure we pay £110,000 PER DAY IN INTEREST ONLY, is just fucking ludicrous. Benitez did many things wrong, but that is one we can't blame him for.

yea i forgot tom hicks went into the dressing room and gave the team talks and picked the teams hey?

fuck the interest payments for just a moment and recall how much shit players benitez brought, not to mention how many good players he pissed off.

alonso? bellamy? crouch? the list goes on with this guy....

but no as liverpool fans we MUST bury our heads in the sand and blame soemone else.

how any ex players have come otu after they left and told the truth on benitez? yet you guys still hod him in any high light?

he fucked liverpool over with his ever growing ego....but lets blame it on the yanks hey.

Gerrard also missed a few games on the way to us winning CL. I'd love to know how he won us it singlehandedly.

He wasn't even in our top 2 players in that competition that year.

are you joking? his goal against olympiakos? his header in the final? the way he marked serginho out of the game when he was fucked with cramp?

he didnt do that for rafa mate he did it for liverpool. his love and passion for lfc drove him onto those things.

just like his 30 yard volley in injury time in the fa.cup final.....

no no it was rafa, im sorry.

I've played semi pro, you?

if you could read I have said he is not ideal.

I'd rather 11 of him on the pitch than one of you on this forum mind!

still play semi-pro now mate.

won 20 odd trophies in 4 years....how you getting on?

I'd rather have eleven of him shoved up my arse than have one of sgerrard on the forum.

not to worry im sure you'll have atleast one head up your arse tonight....

it is the weekend after all.

Nothing wrong there, if I should put up a list of untouchables I guess it would look exactly the same.

Many would suggest Johnson should be among them, but lets get real, considering the quality we got we overpaid massively when it came to his transfer fee.

He might be an England international, but together with Barry and Rooney he was easily among the three worst performers in a poor England team, he simply dont know how to defend.

Nothing wrong there, if I should put up a list of untouchables I guess it would look exactly the same.

Many would suggest Johnson should be among them, but lets get real, considering the quality we got we overpaid massively when it came to his transfer fee.

He might be an England international, but together with Barry and Rooney he was easily among the three worst performers in a poor England team, he simply dont know how to defend.

Yup Johnson is good great forward but a woeful defender, massively over paid for him

.... but still less than our rivals who did win the league.

I would love to see how cheap any manager can be and still win anything

BTW, all the players except for Cole that we have signed so far, were linked to us before Rafa was sacked. (Cole wasn't a free agent yet when Rafa was here)

So trying to play Roy as some sort of genius on the transfer market is premature, as most of the transfers so far have been out of his hands.

LINKED?! LINKED?! We've been linked to roughly 60 players in the last few weeks. So, I guess that makes Roy's transfer policy very scattergunned? What the fuck... LINKED?! Fuck off with that, Benitaur. Seriously...

Anyway, you can point your fingers at our rivals and talk about their spending habits, but that doesn't excuse OUR spending habits. We are not them. They are not us.

It's a mutually exclusive situation... Benitez pissed money down the tubes with poor transfer targets based on a poor player information, and then signed them with very excessive wages and signing on fees. Apparently, our agent fees were absolutely insane, and stinks of dodgy dealings, as well. (Granted, I rest any dodgy dealings at the feet of Macia... not Benitez, but I don't think Benitez was ignorant of the situation)

We've also signed truly terrible youth/reserve players that had no business being brought to the club, and seeing shite like Damian Plessis driving through Liverpool in a Black Lamborghini tells the story very fucking clearly.

To be honest, Code, Johnson isn't as woeful defensively as everyone bangs on about... and his exploits at the World Cup were indicative of a poor english defensive unit.

A fullback is never going to be a 'key' defender and will be exposed greatly by poor centreback play. A player like Johnson will be a liability due to his license to move forward and attack, unless the midfield and defensive cover is there to back him up. Without a good unit working with Johnson, he's always going to be a weak link.

That isn't down to how he defends singularly, and you know this Code, but I know you don't like Johnson.

LINKED?! LINKED?! We've been linked to roughly 60 players in the last few weeks. So, I guess that makes Roy's transfer policy very scattergunned? What the fuck... LINKED?! Fuck off with that, Benitaur. Seriously...

Anyway, you can point your fingers at our rivals and talk about their spending habits, but that doesn't excuse OUR spending habits. We are not them. They are not us.

It's a mutually exclusive situation... Benitez pissed money down the tubes with poor transfer targets based on a poor player information, and then signed them with very excessive wages and signing on fees. Apparently, our agent fees were absolutely insane, and stinks of dodgy dealings, as well. (Granted, I rest any dodgy dealings at the feet of Macia... not Benitez, but I don't think Benitez was ignorant of the situation)

We've also signed truly terrible youth/reserve players that had no business being brought to the club, and seeing shite like Damian Plessis driving through Liverpool in a Black Lamborghini tells the story very fucking clearly.

Didnt he only have control of the financial side of signings during his last 12ish months from when Parry left? Wasnt that something he was pushing for when seeing off Parry?

Didnt he only have control of the financial side of signings during his last 12ish months from when Parry left? Wasnt that something he was pushing for when seeing off Parry?

So, lemme get this straight... Rick Parry suggested and signed: Dossena, Plessis, Babel, Aquilani, Degen, The Greek, Riera, Vitor Fucking Flora, etc. etc. etc.

It all makes sense. Rafa could have said, "I don't want them for those wages", unless Im totally off-base...

So, lemme get this straight... Rick Parry suggested and signed: Dossena, Plessis, Babel, Aquilani, Degen, The Greek, Riera, Vitor Fucking Flora, etc. etc. etc.

It all makes sense. Rafa could have said, "I don't want them for those wages", unless Im totally off-base...

At what point in that post did you imagine me saying it was Parry that suggested the signings?

They were the managers players (some of which there is no excuse for) but wasnt it reported he was always having trouble with Parry over his signings? Seens Parrys role was in the financial side of the transfers it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that he negotiated wages and/or signing on fees might it?

At what point in that post did you imagine me saying it was Parry that suggested the signings?

They were the managers players (some of which there is no excuse for) but wasnt it reported he was always having trouble with Parry over his signings? Seens Parrys role was in the financial side of the transfers it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that he negotiated wages and/or signing on fees might it?

Did you read my post? The manager has to 'ok' those wages/signing on fees... I'd also suggest that he wasn't concerned by it at all considering the massive wages we see Degen and Plessis on.