You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I just had a pint with Aston Villa

JohnnyH

That's ace. Can't believe no one has mentioned it. Repped.

By the way, what was The Tott's previous incarnation, I need to keep track.

Not sure, but he gave me an odd neg to do with some Rafa shite or other, so I'd like to find out before I get him back.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Dunnie. Good to hear there is still some proper men in this sport.

Worst thing city did was sell him. They probably would've even finished top 4 if he stayed. Beast of a defender.

Proper men? Proper men can hold their ale. If it is true that he has alcohol problems then it is a damn shame that he is doing this. I like Dunne.

Proper men? Proper men can hold their ale. If it is true that he has alcohol problems then it is a damn shame that he is doing this. I like Dunne.

On the rip the tonight before & in the pub at eleven that morning. Not that strange he went home early if he was throwing them back.

Meh maybe it's an Irish thing.

Dunne will still be a beast again once the season starts.

On the rip the tonight before & in the pub at eleven that morning. Not that strange he went home early if he was throwing them back.

Meh maybe it's an Irish thing.

Dunne will still be a beast again once the season starts.

You seemed to have spectacularly missed my point.

As for "went home early", he was carried to a taxi.

You seemed to have spectacularly missed my point.

As for "went home early", he was carried to a taxi.

He's never really been off the drink completely though. It's not like he was a fully fledged member of AA and has fallen off the wagon.

He often can be seen having a pint when back home.

As for being carried into a taxi. I wasn't there, i can't really comment on that but it could be possible they just left him into one after getting a bit drunk.

Ha! Had literally just read the words "villa are currently in Dublin for a training camp" on the back page of the metro whilst waiting for the latest topics page to load, then checked my phone and found this thread at the top!

I reckon its a sign, not sure what its trying to tell me though. Maybe that I should go to Dublin and get pissed?

He's never really been off the drink completely though. It's not like he was a fully fledged member of AA and has fallen off the wagon.

He often can be seen having a pint when back home.

As for being carried into a taxi. I wasn't there, i can't really comment on that but it could be possible they just left him into one after getting a bit drunk.

So the fact that he has been drinking steadily is in some way better? I was taking the information off JohnnyH regarding him being carried out.

He was indeed carried out. He was bladdered. The rest of the team stayed until around 10:30ish. They just had a few to be fair, but they may have been heading off somewhere else. It turns out they were in a club in Swords (about 4 miles from where I was) until the early hours the night before also.

It's sad to see Roichard Dunne that way as he does have a problem and I thought he was off the drink. and it is not an "Irish thing" to go around compeltely shite faced falling over. It's a teenage thing to think it's 'cool' though.

He's not been off it completely though, not in a long time anyway. If it's a one off & he's letting off steam, then i just don't see the problem.

Last i'll say on the matter cause i'm just repeating myself now.

If that is the case, then OK, but I certainly don't think that makes him a proper man. As for "it must be an irish thing", its a very odd thing to be proud of, inability to hold ale.

lets be fair we don't know for a fact that Richard Dunne is an alcoholic, what we do know is that Everton fans enjoy making rumours up about alcoholism/drug abuse among many things. Dunne left Everton as one of their top prospects a while ago which enraged the fans so i'm gonna guess they made it up

so its Luke Young we are meant to be signing? i feared worse when Brownie mentioned we'd be horrified by the signing

lets be fair we don't know for a fact that Richard Dunne is an alcoholic, what we do know is that Everton fans enjoy making rumours up about alcoholism/drug abuse among many things. Dunne left Everton as one of their top prospects a while ago which enraged the fans so i'm gonna guess they made it up

so its Luke Young we are meant to be signing? i feared worse when Brownie mentioned we'd be horrified by the signing

I can definitely state he's not an alcoholic.

Luke Young would be a decent enough back up for Johnson, but i'd hope we are paying no then 2m for him. Two left backs is a far bigger priority imo.

Luke Young would be a decent enough back up for Johnson, but i'd hope we are paying no then 2m for him. Two left backs is a far bigger priority imo.

Young could cover both left back and right back meaning we only need one left back, if we do get Young though i'd hope for a considerably better first choice than Konchesky

Richard Dunne marked me when I played against Everton in a friendly years ago. I didn't get a kick all game, apart from Dunne himself who made sure I knew he was there. Respected him as a player since.

I was released 2 weeks later. Cheers.

How the fuck would you know like? It's well documented that his career was going down the shitter, because of drink, until Keegan turned him round.

They aren't on their Hols either, they are preparing for the new season, we'd all be pretty fucking outraged if this was Agger, or who the fuck ever, carrying on like that, embarrassing themselves and the club out in the public like that.

How the fuck would you know like? It's well documented that his career was going down the shitter, because of drink, until Keegan turned him round.

They aren't on their Hols either, they are preparing for the new season, we'd all be pretty fucking outraged if this was Agger, or who the fuck ever, carrying on like that, embarrassing themselves and the club out in the public like that.

I've spoke to the man & had a pint with him no less then ten times. It was more general gambling & acting the lad instead of training.

So you take your tabloid nonsense and shove it up your arse. Thank you