You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to remember that with a court case just about to start the press have to be very careful with what they print.

Whilst I've no doubt 'Arry is one of the in crowd when it comes to football journalists I doubt that extends to the press as a whole. If he's found guilty it will be a big story.

It will be interesting to see how the FA treat a guilty verdict.

The Redknapp case is sub-judice, inbetween charge and hearing (as is the Terry case), that is the main reason why there has been no publicity.

The case also involves tax evasion with very little information in the public domain, there is not much to talk about.

I have met Redknapp twice socially and had a chat with him. He was charming, hugely knowledgeable about football, funny and a huge admirer of LFC with only good things to say about the time that Jamie spent with us. He has an easy manner which makes him popular with the press and goes out of his way to be helpful to them , unsurprisingly they respond accordingly. His commitment to good football, played the right way, is a trait close to the heart of all Liverpool football fans.

He has vast experience as a manger now at all levels of the game, which is matched by few.

The Storrie/Brown/Redknapp nexus did raise eyebrows in both its incarnations. But the churlish few of him held by some I do not agree with.

The Redknapp case is sub-judice, inbetween charge and hearing (as is the Terry case), that is the main reason why there has been no publicity.

The case also involves tax evasion with very little information in the public domain, there is not much to talk about.

I have met Redknapp twice socially and had a chat with him. He was charming, hugely knowledgeable about football, funny and a huge admirer of LFC with only good things to say about the time that Jamie spent with us. He has an easy manner which makes him popular with the press and goes out of his way to be helpful to them , unsurprisingly they respond accordingly. His commitment to good football, played the right way, is a trait close to the heart of all Liverpool football fans.

He has vast experience as a manger now at all levels of the game, which is matched by few.

The Storrie/Brown/Redknapp nexus did raise eyebrows in both its incarnations. But the churlish few of him held by some I do not agree with.

This, I find the hatred of him bizarre. As I posted earlier he's done a great job at Spurs.

melted welly face. Tax evader, what ever he may be. He's a good bloody manager!!!

i think thats a bit harsh he was in a very serious car crash during the 82 world cup in which he was lucky to survive someone did die,so that probably has something to do about his looks.

Shanks69? It was the 1990 World Cup in Italy where Harry got in a car crash IIRR from reading something regarding that once - Not the 1982 edition in Spain.

KingEmlyn & Chrisbonnie re' Harry Redknapp? He's Not As Good as you both seem to think. All he's done is purchase a number of players in positions Any idiot could see they need reinforcing & build on the great Youth Policy bequeathed him by Various Previous Managers & Administrators at Spurs who will remain nameless at this moment in time. They even started with him from the Very bottom of the league to (& Again This season if you check the end of August's League Tables) Just like Kenny with us.

Oh yes & before I forget? One other constant that Always follows him around like the plague & which has yet to happen to Spurs but Shall some time soon? Is the virtually Inevitable Financial Collapse. In short? They Will have a Lot of financial trouble either before or just after the time Redknapp finally ups & goes from WHL - It happened to Southampton & Portsmouth with him there, West Ham's finances weren't to clever either when 'Arry was in charge & Spurs? Will conform to that pattern eventually, Mark my words...............

Seems like an alright lad to have a few beers with, not sure you would trust him however. I think he is a good manager and plays attractive football. The fact clubs have had financial problems after he has been there can't be solely down to him. People sign off on whatever signings he makes so they need to be looked at rather than him. A manager needs to be told what constraints to work under, if he isn't given any then it is not his fault if the club can't handle it financially.

Shanks69? It was the 1990 World Cup in Italy where Harry got in a car crash IIRR from reading something regarding that once - Not the 1982 edition in Spain.

KingEmlyn & Chrisbonnie re' Harry Redknapp? He's Not As Good as you both seem to think. All he's done is purchase a number of players in positions Any idiot could see they need reinforcing & build on the great Youth Policy bequeathed him by Various Previous Managers & Administrators at Spurs who will remain nameless at this moment in time. They even started with him from the Very bottom of the league to (& Again This season if you check the end of August's League Tables) Just like Kenny with us.

Oh yes & before I forget? One other constant that Always follows him around like the plague & which has yet to happen to Spurs but Shall some time soon? Is the virtually Inevitable Financial Collapse. In short? They Will have a Lot of financial trouble either before or just after the time Redknapp finally ups & goes from WHL - It happened to Southampton & Portsmouth with him there, West Ham's finances weren't to clever either when 'Arry was in charge & Spurs? Will conform to that pattern eventually, Mark my words...............

You do speak a lot of sense most the time mate, if not in an original manner. But I'm going to have to disagree massively here. Of course old Harry has been a big part of Spurs revival, sure it's not solely been down to him like it isn't at any club.

He's been playing good stuff with pace and clinical finishing for three seasons and it's something we could have learnt from before spunking our load on a nervous winger and a carthorse forward.

Pace, pace, pace.

I really don't know why some can't see it. Ferguson has been doing it for years and now 'Arry is. To say they aren't much better than us is disingenuous, they have been close to the top all season and will take champions league football without breaking a sweat. A couple more decent signings and they'll be title contenders for a good 2-4 years.

If that's not very good, I'd love to be "that."

Also I can't see Spurs having financial trouble, they've always had money. They just don't feel the need to shout about it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Why should we mark your words when you mark them your fucking self...BTW, shit post!

We need to remember that with a court case just about to start the press have to be very careful with what they print.

Whilst I've no doubt 'Arry is one of the in crowd when it comes to football journalists I doubt that extends to the press as a whole. If he's found guilty it will be a big story.

It will be interesting to see how the FA treat a guilty verdict.

By careful what they write i assume you mean hoop licking shite like this.

BBC Sport - Harry Redknapp's colourful career in management

Harry Redknapp is one of English football's most experienced and respected football managers.

The 64-year-old boss of Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur has been talked of as a future England coach.

A proven developer of talent and shrewd operator in the transfer market, Redknapp has consistently produced teams who play in an attractive, attacking style.

Always ready with a quip and an anecdote for journalists, the Londoner has become a popular figure due to his approachable and affable manner.

REDKNAPP'S FINEST BUYSContinue reading the main story

•Paolo Di Canio - Became a West Ham legend after signing from Sheffield Wednesday in January 1999 for £1.7m

•Lassana Diarra - Out of favour at Arsenal, he moved and helped Portsmouth to FA Cup glory before joining Real Madrid for £20m

•John Hartson - Arrived for £5m from Arsenal in 1997, scored the goals that kept West Ham up, then joined Wimbledon for £7.5m

Generally regarded as an excellent communicator with players, he is known for getting the best out of individuals through his man-management skills.

Redknapp is a man whose life is immersed in football. His son Jamie played for Liverpool and England, as well as under him at Bournemouth and Southampton. His nephew is the Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard. His brother-in-law is the former West Ham assistant manager Frank Lampard Sr.

An hour after his major triumph - winning the 2008 FA Cup as Portsmouth manager - he admitted: "I don't know what I'd do without football. I have got no other interests in life."

Throughout a 28-year managerial career he has worked his way up the football ladder and is now a leading candidate to replace England manager Fabio Capello after next year's European Championship.

It is a far cry from his managerial debut in 1983 - a 9-0 defeat at Lincoln. "On the way home it was like my world had come to an end," admitted Redknapp.

He had inherited a tough job as Bournemouth were second from bottom in the old third division but, in 1987, Redknapp guided them to the title.

Redknapp's daughter-in-law is the former Eternal singer Louise Nurding But, after a car accident in Italy during 1990 which claimed the life of friend Brian Tiler, he took a break from football.

Redknapp returned to the game at West Ham, becoming assistant manager in 1992. He was handed the manager's role two years later, succeeding long-serving Billy Bonds.

The highlight of Redknapp's reign at Upton Park, which ended in 2001, was a brilliant fifth-placed finish in 1999 followed by a place in Europe.

Redknapp was credited for nurturing a wealth of young stars while he was there, as Rio Ferdinand, Lampard, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe all went on to represent England.

He also displayed his people skills by producing some scintillating displays from Italian Paolo Di Canio, who was considered a maverick character.

Redknapp's departure in 2001 was caused by a rift with chairman Terence Brown and it was not the first time that he would leave a club in acrimonious circumstances.

DID YOU KNOW?Continue reading the main story

Redknapp once gave a trial to a young man who had been pestering him for a chance at Spurs and asked him to arrive at 10am. The trialist arrived at 11 and was told to go home for being late. When the youngster explained that he had to wait for his giro to be cashed to buy boots, Redknapp said: "All right. I'm going to knock some balls to you and I want you to trap them and pass straight back to me." Both the young man's passes ended in the car park...

That summer he was appointed Portsmouth's director of football, and he became manager the following year. He ended the club's 15-year wait for top-flight football by leading them to promotion and a healthy 13th place the next season.

But another bitter split was to come. By November 2004, his relationship with chairman Milan Mandaric had broken down and he resigned.

His next destination could not have been more controversial as he joined fierce local rivals Southampton. Despite his best efforts, the Saints were relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season.

By December 2005 Redknapp was back at Portsmouth, saying: "I'm an emotional man at the best of times but I made a monumental mistake walking out of Fratton Park."

He was to enjoy greater success in his second stint at the club.

Redknapp kept Portsmouth up then took them to ninth and eighth-placed finishes, backed by the funds of the then owner, Alexandre Gaydamak.

Redknapp drenched as Spurs celebrate winning a Champions League spot

He became a hero by winning the FA Cup in 2008 with a 1-0 win over Cardiff at Wembley and admitted: "It's a dream come true."

But he again upset many Portsmouth fans by leaving to join Tottenham in October of that year.

The switch meant Redknapp had finally landed a job at one of the country's heavyweight clubs, giving him the chance to work with top-level players.

Spurs were bottom when he took over, but finished eighth that season. He then guided them to fourth place - ensuring Champions League qualification.

Their run in Europe's elite competition included some famous performances against some of the continent's most prestigious clubs, such as the defeat of AC Milan on the way to the quarter-finals.

Last season he guided Spurs to fifth and the club has again started well at the beginning of this campaign.

But he is currently on leave after undergoing minor heart surgery.

Despite being told told to rest for up to five weeks, it is no surprise that Redknapp hopes to be back before then.

After his operation, he was quoted as saying: "I always said they will probably end up taking Sir Alex Ferguson out of Old Trafford in a box and I'll probably be exactly the same.

"It will take more than a minor heart scare to *convince me to walk away from the game.

"The only other way I'll walk away from football is the day I stop enjoying it and that isn't going to happen any day soon."

Got no problem with redknapp, think he's a good manager. yeah he's evaded his taxes but so what. All this he's bankrupt clubs stuff to me is bollox. Its not up to him to control the spending but the owners. If they say to him here's 100m go spend it he will. Most managers will always keep asking for more and they will take it if given it. Portsmouth were stupid to spend that amount but thats not Harry fault. Hope he gets the england job as i think he would do a good job.

I don't really get the hatred towards him either, I can understand Moyes, Ferguson, Fat Sam and Warnock but he's never slagged us off and always been very respectful towards us. His teams play good football with good passing, a high tempo and lots of pace.

I think a lot of the animosity towards him is just sour grapes a bit like people hating their neighbour because he has a better looking wife or a better car or maybe it's because he stung us over the Robbie Keane transfer.

As for him ruining the clubs he's managed I just don't get that either, what was the owner, chairman, CEO, accountant doing while Harry sneaked into the office stealing the cheque book and the petty cash to sign all these players.

Having said all that I think it's about time the FA put a stop to him talking about other clubs players by 'not talking about them' and it's very comical the way he spends every transfer window with a car door permanently attached to the side of his head, ready to wind down the window and give an on the spot interview to Vinny from sky sports