You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont go down, people get let off for screwing the taxman of well more money, this is just a show trial cos he's famous.

You mean famous people like lester piggott and ken dodd, amongst others?

It's a load of bollocks, famous people go to jail all the time for fiddling the taxman, because HMRC always, I mean ALWAYS, push for the maximum penalty they can.

I used to like him, but the constant "I like player x, but he's not our player. If he comes available then of course I'd be interested" bollocks that he spouts is fucking out of order.

I'm not a fan of the media, so the fact that the media fawns over every move he makes is sickening. Do you remember when Rafa was in his last season and we lost to Reading? The interviewer tore into Rafa that night (as were most of the press on a continuous loop), but the journo's started Redknaaps PC on the Friday, with " Are you alright Harry? You look a bit down."

No one ever questions anything he does, or the way he goes about his business. He's a great man-motivator you say? Ask Darren Bent or Pav what they think. Not saying I'm right, but just trying to lay it out there.

Redknapp gives the media what they want, and they respond. He either doesn't have a quarrel with them, or thinks it wiser to keep them onside. His decision, I reckon. Rafa was defensive and obtuse with the media and so the media probably felt that to get what they wanted they would have to go on the attack. Rafa's choice. They're all doing their jobs and playing the game. I don't see how it affects a personal opinion of any of them.

You can't deny his management skills, for that would be ludicrous. Look at where spurs are in the league table, deservedly, and tell me you don't like watching them play?

I hope he gets off on a technicality just because he's not an MP or a banker, he's just a dodgy ducker and diver who might have just screwed the taxman for a relative pittance. I agree with the show-trial comments, and it's probably no coincidence that this is all timed to coincide with deadline day for people across the country filing their tax returns!

Yeah, but HOW MUCH jail?

Whatever it is, even if he's found guilty this would be a suspended sentence anyway. Definitely.

6 months.

All this talk of the pressure on Terry to resign over this Ferdinand debacle, anyone think Spurs could be under pressure to sack Redknapp if he went down? I doubt it personally, and if the FA had any credibility they would refuse to entertain him for the job in June. Although we all know what they are like so this will probably make him more of a dead cert.

Had a quick gander at the RAWK thread on this topic, and somebody asked what Spurs fans' views were regarding this situation, according to their own forums. A RAWK poster called 'joey55', evidently a Spurs fan, had this to say in response:

I'm a Tottenham and I don't think I'm being biased in thinking he'll either get off or just be fined. I think Spurs fans are the only group of fans that are sufficiently interested enough to be really following the case. On virtually ever other messageboard it's fairly clear people want Redknapp to be found guilty, rather than have followed the case and concluded he is. Reading a few pages of this thread alone it's apparent most are unaware of the key points on which this case will rest. Many seem to think Harry opened an account in dogs name! Most seem to think his main defence is pleading ignorance! Some have even suggested key to his defence is that he can't write or send emails! Most people have really missed what the case comes down to and thus why it's hugely unlikely Harry will go to prison.

Spurs fans aren't trying to justify it as far as I've seen. But non Spurs fans do seem to be determined to think he's guilty and for a majority of these it's without really knowing what's going on. I've even seen it compared to the Kenn Dodd or Lester Piggot cases, which really shows just how little interest people have shown in the case. The case against him is so week that it is pretty much reliant on an interview he gave to a NOTW journalist. In terms of what HRMC or the police discovered there is virtually nothing to convict Harry with, other than not paying tax on a small amount of profit from an investment. I think that comes to around £10,000. It's really bizarre, but that's all they have on him.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, the money in the account was there for the reason he told the NOTW journalist. I think he and Mandaric haven't told the truth. But in that case, it's to protect Mandaric, not Harry. Harry is probably a dodgy guy. It wouldn't suprise me one bit, if he tooks bungs etc in the past. But in terms of this case, he really does seem innocent. It would be truely odd if he was guilty. It just wouldn't make any sense. I can't imagine there are many cases of tax evasion in which the defendant has such extraordinary lack of motive or effectively grassed himself up. These cases usually get discovered by investigators and the defendant usually has been far more active in terms of transactions and accounts etc. Also they usually have a decent motive, such as saving a reasonable chunk of their income or they had debts or something.

No matter how anti Harry you are and how desperate you are for him to go to prison, you surely have to admit that were it not Harry but some unknown perosn was the defendant, you'd probably think it was hugley unlikely this was an intentional attempt to evade paying tax.

I can see the point that a lot of Spurs fans think everybody else is getting their facts from the media and basing their opinions on this, and want Harry Redknapp to be found guilty, whereas a lot of Spurs fans are looking at things in more detail given they have a vested interest in proceedings. In a way it's similar to Liverpool fans going through the Suarez case with a fine-toothed comb.

But the point I've highlighted makes no sense. Redknapp actually said in court that he'd lied to Rob Beasley to get him off his back, yet joey55 is stating - having already tried to imply he knows more about the case that all us lot - that he was telling Rob Beasley the truth! Daft doesn't begin to explain it.

Dodd never went down, he was let off by the jury.

Exceptional circumstances that one, WR. If 'Doddy' had been found standing over the prone gunshot riddled body of a Diddy Man with a smoking submachine gun, the Liverpool jury would have claimed mitigation / extenuating circumstances.

Who'd want to be part of a jury who destroyed one of Liverpool's proudest sons, one (of the very few) who stayed in the city?

If there was a chink of light (and there must have been) they'd take it.

Harry Redknapp will go down. This isn't murder or child kidnap. This is money and this is England.