You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearcesport James Pearce

Jury back from lunch. Prosecution been telling them about Redknapp's police interview

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp said to police that Mandaric had told him that Monaco investment had been "a disaster. Got wiped out"

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp to police: "I never mentioned it again. I just thought that's history. He's had me. Maybe he never put the money in. I don't know"

5 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp "I never had a clue how much money went in"

Pearcesport James Pearce

Prosecution say R told police M had control over account. R didn't mention HE had faxed Monaco instruction to transfer $100,000 to Florida

Blame Mandaric...

Pearcesport James Pearce

Jury back from lunch. Prosecution been telling them about Redknapp's police interview

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp said to police that Mandaric had told him that Monaco investment had been "a disaster. Got wiped out"

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp to police: "I never mentioned it again. I just thought that's history. He's had me. Maybe he never put the money in. I don't know"

5 minutes ago

Pearcesport James Pearce

Redknapp "I never had a clue how much money went in"

Pearcesport James Pearce

Prosecution say R told police M had control over account. R didn't mention HE had faxed Monaco instruction to transfer $100,000 to Florida

Blame Mandaric...

Hahaha! He even uses his standard "you'll have to ask the chairman about that" line to the police!

Clearly a likeable chap on a personal level, heard many people say this and that he is always very complimentary about Liverpool " a propa futbawl clab" in his estimation.

What riles me about him is the free ride the press and other media give him, even after so much evidence of his total dodginess, bungs/tax avoidance/bankrupting clubs, yet when a decent person like Benitez donates over £100k to a very worthwhile appeal/charity there is very little made of it (not that Rafa did it for personal fanfare).

If he was a foreign manager he would be crucified, it gets me to thinking that he gets such an easy ride, as he is going to be the next Engerlund manager, therefore the hacks don't want to burn their bridges with him (yet), they'll just wait til he makes a bollocks of that job, then slaughter him.

Hahaha! He even uses his standard "you'll have to ask the chairman about that" line to the police!

He does like to use the "I don't know about that" line whenever it suits him. As for claiming he has no idea what happened with the money, does anyone buy that for a second? He constantly witters on about how transfer deals are done and how much money is involved in transfers not even involving his own club, as if he's taken a personal interest in such matters, so how he can claim not to know what happened to money supposedly due to him as part of his contract, I have no idea. As for dropping Mandaric in it, well, that's something else he's not averse to doing - shifting the blame.

He is fucked big time.

Harry Redknapp feigned ignorance of Monaco bank account, court hears

Prosecutor questions whether football manager in tax evasion trial could have been unaware of bank account he opened in person

Harry Redknapp "feigned almost complete ignorance" of an offshore bank account he had failed to declare to tax authorities for six years, despite having flown to Monaco to open the account in 2002, a court has heard.

Redknapp only revealed the existence of the account, into which secret payments totalling £189,500 had been deposited, when being questioned as part of a 2008 inquiry into financial irregularities in the Premier League.

"Is it the case that Mr Redknapp could be unaware of the account" given that he had personally opened it, asked John Black QC, prosecuting.

Redknapp, currently the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, held the same role at Portsmouth FC in 2002 when the club's then chairman, Milan Mandaric, paid $145,000 (£93,000) into the offshore account.

Both men are accused of cheating the public revenue by not paying tax on the payment, and on a second deposit of $150,000 paid into the account by Mandaric. They deny the charges.

Black said Redknapp had been "feigning almost complete ignorance of its [the account's] existence" when questioned as part of the Quest inquiry under the former Metropolitan police commissioner Lord Stevens.

The jury of four women and eight men heard that Redknapp, 64, and Serbian-born Mandaric, 73, now chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, had offered a succession of sometimes contradictory explanations for the account when questioned by police, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and a journalist.

"You will see that the payments have been variously characterised as employment income, as a loan, as a gift and in some instances a combination of all or some of them," said Black.

Redknapp had failed to disclose details of the account despite having been under investigation by the tax authorities as part of a separate investigation into a similar payment from his former club West Ham over the sale of Rio Ferdinand, Black said.

The jury heard details of separate phone interviews both men gave in February 2009 to Rob Beasley, then a reporter at the News of the World, in which Mandaric said the payment had been "a favour to Harry", which was "nothing to do with the football club", in which he offered to make an investment and give Redknapp the profits.

"I did something for my friend, away from England, away from football, away from Portsmouth," he had told the reporter.

But Redknapp, contacted days later by the same reporter, insisted the payment had been part of his bonus for selling Peter Crouch to Aston Villa, making a £3m profit for the club.

He told the reporter he understood Mandaric had already paid tax on the sum in the US, but to be sure he had informed HMRC when he had transferred the money to his British account in 2008. "The revenue know about it. There's nothing crooked about it," he told the reporter.

He had told Beasley he would "sue the bollocks" off the paper if it reported that it was a bung, the jury was told.

"Don't say bung," Redknapp said. "It's nothing to do with a bung. It's paid by the chairman. How can it be a bung when the chairman of the football club paid me?"

Told that Mandaric had described the payment as an investment unrelated to football, Redknapp said: "He don't know what he is fucking talking about. What is he talking about? It is a bonus."

The court was told that when interviewed under police caution in June 2009, Redknapp had said he regarded the sum as a payment from his club, and so "one million per cent" believed that tax and National Insurance had been paid by the club.

The case continues.

Anybody else think that he will be found guilty as charged and escape prison because of his age or health.

Would not surprise me if this is what his lawyers are working on now.

They probably know he is going to be found guilty and there looking at ways to stop him being sent down.

If they cant find away,then expect a Harry version of Lord Lucans vanishing trick to happen.

Anybody else think that he will be found guilty as charged and escape prison because of his age or health.

VAT/IR law works on a strict liability basis. Ignorance is no defence.

I anticipate a conviction- and a fine.

His Spurs position will be unaffected- he has no financial involvement with transfers.

His England prospects will be, unnecessarily, damaged.