You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

Stoned to bits last night, just on twitter on my ipod, and I come across a tweet by SSN saying Harry was sent down for 6 months. I began laughing to myself and punching the air, when I told everyone else why they did the same.

Woke up this morning and checked BBC sport with no mention. Checked SSN, still no mention. Went back to find the tweet to find it was from Sky Spork News.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think that he will be found guilty as charged and escape prison because of his age or health.

Would not surprise me if this is what his lawyers are working on now.

They probably know he is going to be found guilty and there looking at ways to stop him being sent down.

If they cant find away,then expect a Harry version of Lord Lucans vanishing trick to happen.

He can't very well claim health or age issues when managing a football club. He would have to retire from the front line of the game at the very least.

Clearly a likeable chap on a personal level, heard many people say this and that he is always very complimentary about Liverpool " a propa futbawl clab" in his estimation.

What riles me about him is the free ride the press and other media give him, even after so much evidence of his total dodginess, bungs/tax avoidance/bankrupting clubs, yet when a decent person like Benitez donates over £100k to a very worthwhile appeal/charity there is very little made of it (not that Rafa did it for personal fanfare).

If he was a foreign manager he would be crucified, it gets me to thinking that he gets such an easy ride, as he is going to be the next Engerlund manager, therefore the hacks don't want to burn their bridges with him (yet), they'll just wait til he makes a bollocks of that job, then slaughter him.

The tabloids are giving this the “front page, pages ¾” treatment, the heavies are reporting it in detail no further back than 4/5 and the trial is being covered on TV news – that is hardly a free ride.

This isn’t about English/foreign managers. They are all so well paid that any sniff of criminal activity being reported is quashed by their lawyers unless proof can be produced, which has proved pretty hard to come by. Creative payments now, and dodgy deals in the past, have been so common, in my view, that it has not been in the games interest to blow the whistle. It is significant here that this case was not revealed by whistleblowers or investigative reporting but simple book keeping by the IR and various Administrators.

I like Harry Redknapp, but understand why, as a rival, some see him as fair game. But for me there is a much bigger picture which few mention. Transfers with South American clubs have been bent for years, the transfer of JP Angel to Villa for £9.5m when only £1.5m found its way to the selling club being the most memorable. The involvement of the likes of Zahavi, Joorabchim and Jerome Anderson in manipulating transfers and payments ignored by those who enjoy their tip offs. Millionaires do their business off-shore and in Switzerland, Pl footballers and managers are simply doing what others have done for years.

I do not think that Redknapp is a crook. I do think, that like many rich people, he likes to keep as much of his cash as he can. At West Ham he was surrounded by the odious Terence Brown who was literally siphoning money away from the club (legitimately I am sure) and Peter Storrie who was happy to keep the books. Was Redknapp the driving force or was his ability to wheel and deal and make a few bob what made him so attractive off the field to Brown/Storrie (clearly he is a good football manager)? At Pompey there was first Mandaric, a man who made his fortune exporting car parts from Yugoslavia (as was) and investment banking – someone who knows how to move money around the world, and the Gaydamek’s, international arms dealers whose job it is to move money around the world without people knowing sources and destinations and , er, that Peter Storrie feller pops up again.

The Mancs have been moaning about the Glazers money leaching for years, Arsenal fans are now starting to ask questions about Kroenke, the issue of foreign ownership and how football clubs get manipulated is too rarely asked.

None of this is intended to exonerate Redknapp, if he has been too clever by half then he should take the punishment. It is to say that those who are happy to simply laugh at his expense, ignore a much bigger picture of greed, corruption and legitimate exploitation of football clubs funds. Anyone who is interested in the detail of football corruption should read Tom Bower’s “Broken Dreams” as their start point – there is an excellent chapter on the Brown/Redknapp/Storrie era.

The tabloids are giving this the “front page, pages ¾” treatment, the heavies are reporting it in detail no further back than 4/5 and the trial is being covered on TV news – that is hardly a free ride.

This isn’t about English/foreign managers. They are all so well paid that any sniff of criminal activity being reported is quashed by their lawyers unless proof can be produced, which has proved pretty hard to come by. Creative payments now, and dodgy deals in the past, have been so common, in my view, that it has not been in the games interest to blow the whistle. It is significant here that this case was not revealed by whistleblowers or investigative reporting but simple book keeping by the IR and various Administrators.

I like Harry Redknapp, but understand why, as a rival, some see him as fair game. But for me there is a much bigger picture which few mention. Transfers with South American clubs have been bent for years, the transfer of JP Angel to Villa for £9.5m when only £1.5m found its way to the selling club being the most memorable. The involvement of the likes of Zahavi, Joorabchim and Jerome Anderson in manipulating transfers and payments ignored by those who enjoy their tip offs. Millionaires do their business off-shore and in Switzerland, Pl footballers and managers are simply doing what others have done for years.

I do not think that Redknapp is a crook. I do think, that like many rich people, he likes to keep as much of his cash as he can. At West Ham he was surrounded by the odious Terence Brown who was literally siphoning money away from the club (legitimately I am sure) and Peter Storrie who was happy to keep the books. Was Redknapp the driving force or was his ability to wheel and deal and make a few bob what made him so attractive off the field to Brown/Storrie (clearly he is a good football manager)? At Pompey there was first Mandaric, a man who made his fortune exporting car parts from Yugoslavia (as was) and investment banking – someone who knows how to move money around the world, and the Gaydamek’s, international arms dealers whose job it is to move money around the world without people knowing sources and destinations and , er, that Peter Storrie feller pops up again.

The Mancs have been moaning about the Glazers money leaching for years, Arsenal fans are now starting to ask questions about Kroenke, the issue of foreign ownership and how football clubs get manipulated is too rarely asked.

None of this is intended to exonerate Redknapp, if he has been too clever by half then he should take the punishment. It is to say that those who are happy to simply laugh at his expense, ignore a much bigger picture of greed, corruption and legitimate exploitation of football clubs funds. Anyone who is interested in the detail of football corruption should read Tom Bower’s “Broken Dreams” as their start point – there is an excellent chapter on the Brown/Redknapp/Storrie era.

Yes he is. He knew what he was doing was against the law, that makes him a crook in my eyes.

Yes he is. He knew what he was doing was against the law, that makes him a crook in my eyes.

I make my judgements on the basis of available evidence.

Redknapp has never been convicted of a criminal, or fraudulent, offence. The case is ongoing.There may be grounds to convict, there may not. It looks as though this will hinge on Mandarics's word against Redknapp's. New evidence may emerge either way .

Redknapp has never been convicted of a criminal, or fraudulent, offence. The case is ongoing.There may be grounds to convict, there may not. It looks as though this will hinge on Mandarics's word against Redknapp's. New evidence may emerge either way .

They had him bang to rights the first time.

He only got away because of a fuck up by the police and he got the case thrown out because of it.

Thats the reason I know they have him this time for sure,because they would of left him alone otherwise.

That's a bit like saying John Terry isn't a racist because he hasn't been convicted. (Hopefully that will change in the next week or so though).

HSBC boss has just testified that Redknaap is the only signatory on the Monaco account.

Oooops.

Can't decide if I want him to get off so he leaves Spurs for the England job OR whether I would prefer to see him banged up and unable to manage Spurs. :whoops:

Can't decide if I want him to get off so he leaves Spurs for the England job OR whether I would prefer to see him banged up and unable to manage Spurs. :whoops:

Harry banged up = Spurs fucked and Hodgson getting England job and showing himself up for the fraud he is on the national stage

yes please

One of the worst "crimes" you can be accused of is trying to defraud HMRC.

In my experience, they are ruthless and accept no excuses. Their usual stance is it is always up to the individual to check what effect their personal circumstances have on their tax liabilities.

I think he's definitely looking at a (albeit short) custodial sentence. Age/health whatever will have no bearing, plenty of elderly/ill prisoners inside.

One of the worst "crimes" you can be accused of is trying to defraud HMRC.

In my experience, they are ruthless and accept no excuses. Their usual stance is it is always up to the individual to check what effect their personal circumstances have on their tax liabilities.

I think he's definitely looking at a (albeit short) custodial sentence. Age/health whatever will have no bearing, plenty of elderly/ill prisoners inside.

Exactly,

Said months ago he would go down if found guilty. Why some people think he would escape a custodial sentence is beyond me. Health issues , his media mates aren't going to save him. If he is fit enough to manage a premiership fottball club then he is fit enough to do 6-12 months.

He pleaded not guilty, has spent years trying to evade prosecution added to the fact that he is wealthy man in a high profile job not paying his fair whack in a time of austerity and hardship for millions. Tax evasion is high on the agenda at the moment and 'arry is very likely to be made an example of . If his defense fails then the greedy fucker deserves it.

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "Redknapp: "I'm most disorganised person in world. I can't work a computer, don't know how to email. Never sent a fax or even text message. I've never written a letter in my life. I write like a two year old and can't spell. My accountant runs my life. I haven't seen a wage slip for possibly ten years. I don't have bank statements. I pay a fortune to my accountant to look after me. He pays my bills. He runs my life."

Who's sending all those texts to Jim White on deadline day?

He's definitely trying to bullshit his way out of this one by laying the blame with Mandaric and now his own accountant. And all that stuff about being a useless disorganised fuckwit should be interesting to explain if/when he's interviewed by the FA for the England job.

BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "Redknapp: "I'm most disorganised person in world. I can't work a computer, don't know how to email. Never sent a fax or even text message. I've never written a letter in my life. I write like a two year old and can't spell. My accountant runs my life. I haven't seen a wage slip for possibly ten years. I don't have bank statements. I pay a fortune to my accountant to look after me. He pays my bills. He runs my life."

3660901xeG_o.jpg