You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And in future, Steven, if you are puzzled by the manager's decisions, go and see him in private instead of scratching your head on the pitch as if you're playing 'Very Puzzled Man' in some amateur dramatics production.

Determined to meet any positive news with negativity then? Come on lad, 2 bits of excellent news in just 24 hours?! Not what we've been accustomed to lately. Dry your eyes, put your dummy back in, drop your gripes and hop on for the ride. It may not last that long!

But I thought Hodgson was a patsy and that Purslow was the devil and that there would be an exodus of players leaving? Surely this can't be true?! ;-)

Made up with this and I can't wait for the season to start.

Aye, and when Mascherano and Torres have committed themselves to the club and 'the club' has demonstrated that it has invested in the playing side and if we don't... then Purslow comes out and says "we have just about broken even this transfer window because we haven't got a pot to piss despite what that fat wanker Hicks said about it being a 'big Summer'"...and then when the Yanks have fucked off and then when Hodgson wins the European Cup and betters 86 points in the league, we can all have a group thrap Brownie.

Until then, lets just be sensible eh....I know your post was tongue in cheek mate, but there will be a fair few helmets who will type nearly exactly the same thing and mean it. Just heading the wet wipes off at the pass so to speak.

At the moment we have a manager who has won fuck all, for whom just being here is a knicker wetting experience, a bunch of cunts still in charge, a CEO who you wouldn't trust as far as you could spit and a free transfer signing that will be paid for by the sale of 2 players who have already left.

So far we are still making a profit for the 3rd transfer window running.

I'm now off to buy a newspaper, a DVD, a pair of Trainees and a Car and won't be paying a penny for any of them myself, but expecting you lot to pay the interest on the loan I took out for them.

But I thought Hodgson was a patsy and that Purslow was the devil and that there would be an exodus of players leaving? Surely this can't be true?! ;-)

There is...

Benayoun, Duran, Aurelio and Threlfall has left... Insua on his way as is Riera, Plessis, El-Zhar, Cavalieri and even maybe Kyrgiakos. Loads of players just there ;)

sge4.jpg

Hey... Insua is there... Isn`t he supposed to be in Florenze passing a medical and signing for Fiorentina??

Maybe we are delaying completing the move until a replacemant is in place??

v Arsenal minus back 5

--------------------Mascherano-----------------------

--------------Gerrard------------Cole-----------------

Maxi-----------------------------------------Jovanovic

-----------------------Torres-------------------------

Aquilani? I think he gets in ahead of Cole.

How is it "news" that Gerrard is staying? He has a long, very lucrative contract at LFC and gets pampered as a big fish in a small pond. No other team has shown an interest in him. As for the Real Madrid rumours - he is not good enough for them.

So once again he gets to be the centre-attention of prolonged press speculation through the summer and the benefit of "fans" begging him to stay. thereby building up his commercial brand value. If his plan was to deflect attention from the major role he played last season in the club's poor results, it has worked, at least temporarily.