You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson: No Rotation

Thants

I'd leave the Europa league to the youth players and the fringe and go all out in the league

This in an interesting thing to me WR.

How is Hodgson going to prioritise the competitions.

I personally would.

Coca Cola - Half youngsters / Half fringe ( along the lines of the Leeds game last year ) until the quarter finals at least.

Europa League - Similar to above in the Qualifier & no Torres or Gerrard in any away games until the knockout stages.

Prem / FA Cup - best team available.

If Roy is up front & explains his methods from the start I don't think he would get too much indignation from the fans.

Sorry if it's been discussed before.

I heard on the radio last night that Hodgson has used the least amount of players over the past 2 seasons. If this means we'll we a solid Liverpool side week after week it will answer a few questions as to whether this policy works.

Its also a big factor in the pull to the NW for Cole. If he gets in, he'll stay in.

Or will he change it at a big club?

Does anyone care?

Why does it always rain on me?

Hey I dun a football fred.

the trick here is to start enjoying the rain, and it will be very quickly removed from you.

As for rotation this season, i suspect that Torres will be rotated frequently, or at some point he will be carried onto the pitch each match to be laid out in his team position.

Rafa’s main problem with rotation the last couple of years is that he didn’t rotate enough. Which is why Crouch and to a lesser extent Hyypia left. If they were getting 25 games a season they may have stayed.

It fucked us up when Torres and most of our centre backs got injured.

Rotation will only ever work if the players being rotated are of equal strength football wise otherwise all you are doing is weakening a side and taking a gamble that is why it didnt seem to work for Rafa the Gap between Gerrard and Torres and Lucus and NGog to name but 2 was way to big and always meant the side would be far weaker that Gap and United and Chelsea was never as big when they did it Anderson for Carrick Berbetov for Rooney etc etc but it was always Rafa and rotation but SAF would always be resting players when it came to Sky reporting it

Roy is a pragmatist. He'll rotate if he needs to, and he won't if he doesn't. Whether he stays that way is the more debatable question - Rafa was far more flexible about selections and substituions during his first couple of years, then he turned more and more dogmatic. Judging from Roy's career so far he looks likely to remain fairly open-minded, but who knows what the pressure will do.

Then growing dogmatism worked! He progressively increased the number of points won. The failures of last season - 2009-2010 - had nothing to do with rotation or even tactics - it was down to the players - their lack of fitness and mental preparedness at the start of the season, their enormous number of injuries, and their poor form in the case of Gerrard, Yossi and one or two others.