You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua £5 mil - bid accepted

Marko121

I like Insua and felt sorry for him last season. He's still a kid and young players need to be eased in and given a break every now and then when things are not going right for them. Due to Aurellio's horrific fitness record last season he didn't get that, and suffered from it. He looked jaded, stale and it wouldn't have done him any harm to be pulled out the firing line for a month to get back training and working hard to earn the place back.

I have got doubts over his pace and positioning, but equally I like him going forward and I don't think he's half as bad as some are making out on hear. He's still only 21 years of age and has plenty more development time ahead of him. I'm happy to see him stay and providing Fabio stays fit then I think he'll improve alot this season. Certainly don't believe he should be made out as another scapegoat in the Lucas mould because just 12months ago he was being hailed by many on here as the next big thing.

Good read that

*'here' mate.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Insua and felt sorry for him last season. He's still a kid and young players need to be eased in and given a break every now and then when things are not going right for them. Due to Aurellio's horrific fitness record last season he didn't get that, and suffered from it. He looked jaded, stale and it wouldn't have done him any harm to be pulled out the firing line for a month to get back training and working hard to earn the place back.

I have got doubts over his pace and positioning, but equally I like him going forward and I don't think he's half as bad as some are making out on hear. He's still only 21 years of age and has plenty more development time ahead of him. I'm happy to see him stay and providing Fabio stays fit then I think he'll improve alot this season. Certainly don't believe he should be made out as another scapegoat in the Lucas mould because just 12months ago he was being hailed by many on here as the next big thing.

So do you want to punch him, or should I?

He was targetted last season, lost confidence and form and should've been dropped.

This season under Roy could be different.

He's still young and I felt that last season he looked lost and needed help but for whatever reason it just didn't happen. I'm not massively unhappy that he's staying because until we get someone else in we simply have to manage with him and Aurelio.

Sign someone else and we can get rid, until then I'd keep him.

For 5m, can we get a decent replacement? I'd be happy with Figueroa. I wouldn't be happy without a replacement, don't think Aurelio can be relied upon full time. Agger at LB looks decent though, like Villa's playing Cuellar at RB and Young at LB- players out of position didn't do them any harm!

Guest TK-421
Not sure. You should check it out though, they're still fawning over Rafa too.

I was on there when this site was down today for a bit. I like their attitude of "if you don't like us fuck off to another forum". But this place is home so you're stuck with me, I'm afraid.

Are there no other clubs interested in Insua then? It's a shame this deal with Fiorentina fell through because it seemed to suit all parties.

If he has to stay then I hope we still buy a left back and he becomes a back-up player at best.

Back to the reserves, where he belongs. At best.

He should lower his fucking demands the cheeky twat. Clearly we are overpaying him in the first place, and he's not going to get a game for us now anyway so he may as well go. Why the fuck can't he have a wife who wants to live in Spain or Italy?