You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua £5 mil - bid accepted

Marko121

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Curbishley won his case for constructive dismissal against West Ham because they sold players without his approval. And if a midtable manager like Curbishley can have final approval at a mid-sized club like West Ham, then I'm sure other managers in the PL have the same control.

Curbishley claimed he had no option but to resign last year and a Premier League managers’ arbitration tribunal ruled that he was justified in his actions because the club sold Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney to Sunderland against his wishes.

Alan Curbishley wins constructive dismissal case against West Ham - Telegraph

Didn't know that.

Alan Curbishley won his case for constructive dismissal against West Ham because they sold players without his approval. And if a midtable manager like Curbishley can have final approval at a mid-sized club like West Ham, then I'm sure other managers in the PL have the same control.

Curbishley claimed he had no option but to resign last year and a Premier League managers’ arbitration tribunal ruled that he was justified in his actions because the club sold Anton Ferdinand and George McCartney to Sunderland against his wishes.

Alan Curbishley wins constructive dismissal case against West Ham - Telegraph

Didn't know that.

Same with Kevin Keegan at Newcastle wasn't it? Wasn't there a bust up about the players that Dennis Wise wanted to bring in?

I've got an idea for a thread;

Let's have eighteen pages of Kennys_spell and Brownie stuck in a moebius strip of recapitulating squabble, have literally no-one discussing what the thread is actually about and if we're lucky we might get a liberal sprinkling of danfuckingperkins spastic interjections to boot.

No, seriously.

im not so sure why he is seemingly going, Fiorentina aren't that good and its not like he is a big name, he has just had his first full season in the team here i would've thought he'd want to stay

I wish him the best of luck, whilst he obviously wasnt ready for being first choice left back I feel some fans were overly harsh on him, same with Lucas the season before the mentality seems to be "lets pick on the young lad just breaking through to avoid blaming one of the favourites"

I've got an idea for a thread;

Let's have eighteen pages of Kennys_spell and Brownie stuck in a moebius strip of recapitulating squabble, have literally no-one discussing what the thread is actually about and if we're lucky we might get a liberal sprinkling of danfuckingperkins spastic interjections to boot.

No, seriously.

STFU-Cunt.jpg

Are you smoking something? You go through all that shite about Benitez pointing out how much it was his fault then finish with "Save your anger for the real villains, they live across the ocean"

The Rafa question is resolved, so he isn't there to kick around anymore. The owners question isn't, and they are there to kick around.

I think you're being very generous using the word fan to describe Purslow. Maybe opportunist or capitalist would be better served.

He was happy to go against the wishes of many fans and ignore the expert opinion of a club legend.

His background just simply isn't right for this football club, the same as Ayre's isn't, the same as Broughton's isn't and of course the same as Hicks and Gillett's have never been.

He did no such thing. The removal and appointment process for the new coach was conducted properly and professionally. It took a reasonable timeframe to conclude, and cost us considerably less than previously thought. P&B were given two names by KK to find a new coach, and hired one of them. Simple as that.

They ignored the fans wishes in this case, because it was the right thing to do. KK was not cut out to take on the job, having been so long out of it, nor could he prevent the mass exodus out of the club, as is taking place.

He is remembered as a legend for bringing us 4 major trophies in 5 seasons. It is right that he isn't held responsible for this mess, as he would have been.

He did no such thing. The removal and appointment process for the new coach was conducted properly and professionally. It took a reasonable timeframe to conclude, and cost us considerably less than previously thought. P&B were given two names by KK to find a new coach, and hired one of them. Simple as that.

They ignored the fans wishes in this case, because it was the right thing to do. KK was not cut out to take on the job, having been so long out of it, nor could he prevent the mass exodus out of the club, as is taking place.

He is remembered as a legend for bringing us 4 major trophies in 5 seasons. It is right that he isn't held responsible for this mess, as he would have been.

hahahahaa thanks for all of that.

All of it.

The Rafa question is resolved, so he isn't there to kick around anymore. The owners question isn't, and they are there to kick around.

facepalm1.jpg

Some seriously fucking mental posters on this forum these days.

They seemed to have come out of nowhere and they're not the good kind of crazy. Kenny_Spell is responsible for the craziest post I've ever read on here - yes, it was that crazy - where he suggested, and I'm not making this up, that Rafa Benitez wasn't to blame when he used the wrong tactics as the players should have just ignored his tactical instructions and come up with something better.

It was frightening. The one and only time I've ever read something and immediately logged off.

Kenny_Spell is responsible for the craziest post I've ever read on here - yes, it was that crazy - where he suggested, and I'm not making this up, that Rafa Benitez wasn't to blame when he used the wrong tactics as the players should have just ignored his tactical instructions and come up with something better.

Liar.