You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua £5 mil - bid accepted

Marko121

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i'm the arrogant and closed minded one? You can't even prove what you're saying.

I can - but like I said, whats the point given how closed minded you are. You'd simply change your point of attack and try to disprove the proof I offer.

Besides which, why would I risk a source of information just to prove something to some faceless, closed minded, apologist on the Internet? That just doesn't make sense.

Kenny,

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously.

We're all interpreting the comments Roy has made differently, I suppose that depends whether you believe Purslow is a power hungering, Football Manager wannabee maniac, or if he's just a tad bit shit at his job.

I said it before, personally I think there is nothing to read into Hodgsons comments, it's not unusual for CEO/MD to get involved in transfers.

There is no evidence to suggest that Hodgson is having players bought for him, nor is there any evidence that he isn't. But there isn't any evidence that Purslow gives money to charity, but i'm going to presume it anyway and put forward that Purslow is probably a nice fella, and would probably get the first round in.

Roy Hodgson: "If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask (managing director) Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."

Harry Redknapp: "I would like Joe here with me, but it is now up to the club, up to Joe and his agent and his dad," he added.

"Our chairman, Daniel Levy, is talking to them to try to do a deal."

Harry Redknapp is obviously a patsy and is a puppet who is controlled by Levy. Isn't that right, based on the quote, ronnie38?

I can - but like I said, whats the point given how closed minded you are. You'd simply change your point of attack and try to disprove the proof I offer.

Besides which, why would I risk a source of information just to prove something to some faceless, closed minded, apologist on the Internet? That just doesn't make sense.

You're a liar.

Kenny,

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously.

We're all interpreting the comments Roy has made differently, I suppose that depends whether you believe Purslow is a power hungering, Football Manager wannabee maniac, or if he's just a tad bit shit at his job.

I said it before, personally I think there is nothing to read into Hodgsons comments, it's not unusual for CEO/MD to get involved in transfers.

There is no evidence to suggest that Hodgson is having players bought for him, nor is there any evidence that he isn't. But there isn't any evidence that Purslow gives money to charity, but i'm going to presume it anyway and put forward that Purslow is probably a nice fella, and would probably get the first round in.

Would you agree that it would be a reasonable conclusion for someone to make given the information to hand that would be different to the opinion you have of this situation?

Which comments of mine would you like me to clear up when you ask me what I am going on about?

Would you agree that it would be a reasonable conclusion for someone to make given the information to hand that would be different to the opinion you have of this situation?

Which comments of mine would you like me to clear up when you ask me what I am going on about?

I don't think it's reasonable, because it's totally unfounded, and it's the same sort of reply that many managers, as mentioned give in relation to transfers.

I understand peoples cynicism and scepticism over Purslow, but if people want to get him out, at least get him out for the right reasons, rather than rumours and paranoia.

I don't think it's reasonable, because it's totally unfounded, and it's the same sort of reply that many managers, as mentioned give in relation to transfers.

I understand peoples cynicism and scepticism over Purslow, but if people want to get him out, at least get him out for the right reasons, rather than rumours and paranoia.

How can it be unfounded given that both of us are using the same quotes and information available? Surely then that means YOUR opinion is unfounded?

I'm not going near the second paragraph - the hypocrasy in that is unbelievable.

How can it be unfounded given that both of us are using the same quotes and information available? Surely then that means YOUR opinion is unfounded?

I'm not going near the second paragraph - the hypocrasy in that is unbelievable.

My opinion isn't unfounded because I'm not putting 2 + 2 together and making 66. In the off chance you are correct, I will apologise for the remarks made and admit I am wrong.

As I said then, there is so much bullshit generated about Purslow that it blinds the stuff that people should be questioning about him.

I just don't believe that a manager of x amount of years, who has seen it all and done it all would let a CEO walk all over him.

I cannot fathom out of the comments Hodgson has made, how that means 'Purslow is buying above me'.

I think this has gone far far too down the line this idea about Hodgson being controlled or not. I have my own subjective opinion on this but i do not feel there is any point in stating it because its really not that big an issue right now. Taking it back to simple bases is Hodgson is our new manager, if there were issues of controls and buying and selling players, he would not have come to liverpool football club to manage a club for 3 years.

Hodgson is happy and is not insinuating something untoward is happening or he is having the legs taken from under him or if there is, it is something is unhappy about.

The simple matter of fact is Insua is being sold for 5 million which is brilliant business which will hopefully be invested back into the squad and our gaffa can put to good use. Insua is the first of many to go from the looks of it and we need a bloody good clear out.

Well based on your opinion of our situation, based on a similar quote, would it be fair to say it's an opinion you would hold?

My opinion of our situation starts from the minute we appointed an inferior manager to the one we already had against the opinion of the one person at the club with any football/management experience.

Also appointing said manager when there were managers with better C.V's available at the time.

My opinion is the reason Woy is here is because he is going to be Purslow, Broughton the owners little puppet and he is yet to do say anything that makes me believe otherwise.

Out of interest what do you think was the reason for Woys appointment in the current situation, I mean come on we are Liverpool top managers would crawl over broken glass to manage us, no?

My opinion of our situation starts from the minute we appointed an inferior manager to the one we already had against the opinion of the one person at the club with any football/management experience.

Also appointing said manager when there were managers with better C.V's available at the time.

My opinion is the reason Woy is here is because he is going to be Purslow, Broughton the owners little puppet and he is yet to do say anything that makes me believe otherwise.

Out of interest what do you think was the reason for Woys appointment in the current situation.

As I said before, suddenly it all makes sense. And you know exactly what I mean by that; i'm not going over old ground.

My opinion isn't unfounded because I'm not putting 2 + 2 together and making 66

Whoa hang on - the only difference here is you don't think you're getting 66 but you do think I am. That's the difference of opinion that we have here.

In fact in this argument I am being more reasonable than you as I'm not suggesting that you're opinion is wrong - you are doing that with my opinion.

In the off chance you are correct, I will apologise for the remarks made and admit I am wrong.

I'm not after an apology from anyone - in fact the only thing I've asked for throughout this thread in relation to transfers is an answer to the question of who's making the football decisions on Bennayoun and Insua whilst we didn't have a manager. Nothing more, nothing less.

As I said then, there is so much bullshit generated about Purslow that it blinds the stuff that people should be questioning about him.

And as was established yesterday there are no limits to the questions that can be asked. Just because you ask one question doesn't mean you can't ask another question about a different issue.

I just don't believe that a manager of x amount of years, who has seen it all and done it all would let a CEO walk all over him.

and I'm not saying your wrong with that opinion - I'm merely saying that I wouldn't discount that happening.

I cannot fathom out of the comments Hodgson has made, how that means 'Purslow is buying above me'

I don't know who's suggested that - I've only asked who made the football decisions on these players during the time we didn't have a manager?

I would rather you just grew a set and said what you feel.

You know what I feel, there's no point in me starting another argument about subjects that have been discussed at length previously. As much as you would seemingly love to have another argument for the sake of it.

You know what I feel, there's no point in me starting another argument about subjects that have been discussed at length previously. As much as you would seemingly love to have another argument for the sake of it.

Out of interest what do you think was the reason for Woys appointment in the current situation.

How about just answering the above then?