You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua £5 mil - bid accepted

Marko121

Guest PurpleNose
I'm disappointed with this sale.

Insua showed promise, and we now have even LESS options...any youngsters coming thru for left back? or are Agger and Skittle gonna be jousting all season?

Robinson. But he's only 16/17 ish.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People stated that Insua was bad defensively, I'd hate to see them comment on this lads defensive ability.

Ideally we'd go out and sign a top full back, but until those two pricks go, we've got limited funds. If we can get a steady eddie at left back, we can use most of our funds signing a top winger or another striker. Theoretically, of course.

Im not praising him, but I'd be alright with him as a backup.

I know you weren't, that's why I used the "s.

I can understand using the likes of Konchesky at left back with perhaps Agger as back up if we can use the saved money for quality wide left.

I wouldn't want us signing both him and Joe Cole though as I think that'd be a waste of funds.

Making things out to be worse than they are?

Are you fucking kidding me - We just paid £8.5 Million to degrade the class of manager that is coaching our players, Purslow is a lying twat and is running the club as his own version of Championship manager and you say I'M MAKING THINGS OUT TO BE WORSE THAN THEY REALLY ARE.

for Fucks Sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rafa got us dumped out of the CL, as top seeds of the group - Blame Purslow

Rafa couldn't beat lower league minnows in the cup at home - Blame Purslow

Rafa got us a 7th place spot crawling into Europe by default - Blame Purslow

Rafa negotiated a vastly-inflated salary with a long term contract (with full control of playing issues) that needed careful surgery to free us out of without crippling the club - Blame Purslow

We paid 10 million Euro to get rid of an underperforming, argumentative, politics-obsessed manager, and replaced him with a UEFA Cup finalist and LMA holder, who simply wants to coach football teams.

We have a Liverpool fan running the club, who has to simultaneously satisfy the owners, investors, sponsors, players, coach, banks et al, and getting pilloried for trying to do his best for the club. It may not go swimmingly all the time, but it's also not a job that many of us could, or would attempt to do.

Save your anger for the real villains, they live across the ocean.

You'd have to ask Hodgson why he sanctioned the sale then?

Whats the point? He'll do as he continues to do refer you to Purslow.

"I had a very brief chat with him (Joe Cole) a little while back but, if you want to know about transfer targets, you'll have to ask [Liverpool managing director] Christian Purslow."

Taken in isolation, tis no big deal, but a pattern is emerging.

We have a Liverpool fan running the club, who has to simultaneously satisfy the owners, investors, sponsors, players, coach, banks et al, and getting pilloried for trying to do his best for the club. It may not go swimmingly all the time, but it's also not a job that many of us could, or would attempt to do.

I think you're being very generous using the word fan to describe Purslow. Maybe opportunist or capitalist would be better served.

I mean, he was happy to lie on behalf of the owners in the same minutes he criticised the owners but we all know, in reality, he was just trying to make the union look a bit daft. He was happy to go against the wishes of many fans and ignore the expert opinion of a club legend.

He's positioned very nicely now between his friends the Hicks family who he's had business dealings with in the past and his friend at RBS. His private equity firm sits in a very prosperous position.

His background just simply isn't right for this football club, the same as Ayre's isn't, the same as Broughton's isn't and of course the same as Hicks and Gillett's have never been.

We didn't heed the warning signs 3 years ago and we'd be real fools to do the same again.

I need a few days away from all this stuff.

Opportunist, capitalist or fan- we all want the same things.

Aren't you the one who was delighted with buying the new replica and sees all the protests and boycotts as pointless?

No, i don't want the same things as you and Purslow.

Konchesky is being linked with a move to LFC in the NOTW.

Hodgson did say that he wouldn't raid Fulham though.

Konchesky is leaving fulham anyway. He's just started the last 12 months of his contract. He was offered similar terms and turned them down. He spoke to Birmingham at the end of the season and they offered to double his money. That offer is still on the table, but Konchesky is holding off in the hope there's a deal to Liverpool (which Hodgson has spoken to him about). I don't know how the legalities will work with the Hodgson clause not to go back, but I assume once they accept a bid from Birmingham, that will open the door for us.

Not quite, I would think those figures originally mentioned are what was already there from the previous player sales. Roy has added to it with the Insua sale and Yossi sale. So far it's £19 million raised, - £5.5 million for the managerial change? I'm not sure where that money came from.

it didnt cost 5,5 mil or 10 mil for them to replace Rafa, he got a months wages. it would only cost millions if he was unemployed for 1 year, 2 years, etc. but as it happens as he is a top class manager he walked into another job

it did cost 1.5-2 mil for them to hire Hodgson though

so 19 mil in player sales in the last 6 months and no significant signings with 2 weeks to go before our first competitive match, if Masher is sold for 25 million, you have to wonder what is happening to the money and if it will be spent. Broughton said categorically he will be able to spend the funds but that could well be bullshit. when it's exposed, the apologists on here will find their excuses

Rafa got us dumped out of the CL, as top seeds of the group - Blame Purslow

Rafa couldn't beat lower league minnows in the cup at home - Blame Purslow

Rafa got us a 7th place spot crawling into Europe by default - Blame Purslow

Rafa negotiated a vastly-inflated salary with a long term contract (with full control of playing issues) that needed careful surgery to free us out of without crippling the club - Blame Purslow

We paid 10 million Euro to get rid of an underperforming, argumentative, politics-obsessed manager, and replaced him with a UEFA Cup finalist and LMA holder, who simply wants to coach football teams.

Are you smoking something? You go through all that shite about Benitez pointing out how much it was his fault then finish with "Save your anger for the real villains, they live across the ocean" - Crackpot.

Some papers this morning are saying the transfer was just £3.5m! It gets worse!

I think the offer that was accepted was £4m rising to £5m if it meets certain criterias.

Im not so sure this is a good deal. First of all I dont think he was half as bad as made out on here. Secondly based on last seasons performances alone even Carra, Agger and Skrtel would be worth just peanuts. I think a lot of the blame has been undeservedly put on Insua who was the unexperienced of them.

We also find ourselves without any recognized left backs in our squad, and those teams we are trying to negotiate with us will know this and will probably try to exploit it.

I have also seen it mentioned that Insua had just one year left on his contract, but on liverpool.no it said he was on a contract until 2014, and they are usually right.

So all in all I believe we have put ourselves in a difficult position.

Insua's problem is that he's 'dumb'. His positional sense is non-existant which means he gets done by players who aren't even as fast as him, which is some achievement. It happens time and time and time again. He's like an inverted Denis Irwin. I think £5m is a good price for a defender who can't defend.

Insua's problem is that he's 'dumb'. His positional sense is non-existant which means he gets done by players who aren't even as fast as him, which is some achievement. It happens time and time and time again. He's like an inverted Denis Irwin. I think £5m is a good price for a defender who can't defend.

Can't agree with that, I believe that Insua's problem was that he was young and played far more than was planned for him at this stage of his career due to another left back made of Glass and all of this in a poorly perfroming team badly affected by a lack of confidence. I fully expect Insua to go on and have a very good career with both Fiorentian and Argentina.

What worries me about his is the fact that Hodgson says he rates him "as a footballer and a person", yet after his first week of training, Insua is sold. What happened during that first week of training to have changed Hodgson's mind so much? What other left back at the club so outshone Insua in training that it caused Hodgson to change his opinion by 180 degrees?

Now I have to admit that £5 Mill for a player that isn't performing is a good price IF you have an immediately available replacement - we don't.

Whats the point? He'll do as he continues to do refer you to Purslow.

Taken in isolation, tis no big deal, but a pattern is emerging.

Hodgson has repeatedly referred people to Purslow regarding transfer negotiations. He hasn't once intimated that Purslow has any say on identifying the players we buy or sell.

Can't agree with that, I believe that Insua's problem was that he was young and played far more than was planned for him at this stage of his career due to another left back made of Glass and all of this in a poorly perfroming team badly affected by a lack of confidence. I fully expect Insua to go on and have a very good career with both Fiorentian and Argentina.

What worries me about his is the fact that Hodgson says he rates him "as a footballer and a person", yet after his first week of training, Insua is sold. What happened during that first week of training to have changed Hodgson's mind so much? What other left back at the club so outshone Insua in training that it caused Hodgson to change his opinion by 180 degrees?

Now I have to admit that £5 Mill for a player that isn't performing is a good price IF you have an immediately available replacement - we don't.

All managers do the same. Rafa used to eulogise about a player and then sell him a week later - there's absolutely nothing wrong, or strange, about it.

Hodgson has repeatedly referred people to Purslow regarding transfer negotiations. He hasn't once intimated that Purslow has any say on identifying the players we buy or sell.

Then who has? Who at the club decided that discussions about Bennayoun and Insua would go ahead. Who made the decision that they weren't to be part of the squad for next season. Who decided to sell them?

It wasn't a manager because we didn't have a manager at that time - so who was it?