You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson is a fucking patsy.

lifetime fan

Roy you're the manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Start acting like it then please.

Emiliano Insua rightly or wrongly is now our only leftback. Well Roy put your fucking foot down and tell Fiorentina he's not for sale. Then tell Broughton & Purslow that if they need to balance the books they go and see you and you dictate who should be sold not them.

And if you haven't got the balls or the authority to do that, then what is the point of you?

Hello all,

Only recently registered but been a bit of lurker for past few years so please dont shoot us down.

At the moment we as a club are going through the hardest period any of us can remember. Everyone knows the sh*t that is going on and there is so much smoke and mirrors it is unbelivable. Not the way LFC used to act, the Americans are turning us all into whinging, b*tching morons attacking each other.

I was a Rafa fan, however rightly or wrongly he got dragged into the back stabbing and manipulating side of the club. whether he was acting in the interests of himself or the club and fans (I would like to think the later) it was a time for a change. Too many bad stories for me to think he had the full support of the players.

Like most people, I had higher thoughts for our new manager, most notably the King!! however, I am a Liverpool fan and I will support Roy Hodgson to the Hilt, this guy has built up a well respected opinion from many people in the game and i for one do not think he is going to put this on the line to take a job where he is only here to take away the flak from the board.

We are Liverpool fans and we have faced worst traversties than this and showed the world what we stand for, so lets all pull together and act in unity, support the manager. Lets focus our amonisity towards the board and give the man a chacne. I believe he will do us proud !!

Edited by Lynch04

Hello all,

Only recently registered but been a bit of lurker for past few years so please dont shoot us down.

At the moment we as a club are going through ONE OF the hardest periods any of us can remember. Everyone knows the sh*t that is going on and there is so much smoke and mirrors it is unbelivable. Not the way LFC used to act, the Americans are turning us all into whinging, b*tching morons attacking each other.

I was a Rafa fan, however rightly or wrongly he got dragged into the back stabbing and manipulating side of the club. whether he was acting in the interests of himself or the club and fans (I would like to think the later) it was a time for a change. Too many bad stories for me to think he had the full support of the players.

Like most people, I had higher thoughts for our new manager, most notably the King!! however, I am a Liverpool fan and I will support Roy Hodgson to the Hilt, this guy has built up a well respected opinion from many people in the game and i for one do not think he is going to put this on the line to take a job where he is only here to take the flak from the board.

We are Liverpool fans and we have faced worst traversties than this and showed the world what we stand for, so lets all pull together and act in unity, support the manager. Lets focus our amonisity towards the board and give the man a chacne. I believe he will do us proud !!

Good post, but we've had other hard times.

You are quite right. We as a club have, which is why I mentioned at the bottom. As fans we have shown we can stick together through the toughest of times, worse times than what is happening at present. At the moment although no way comparable we need to pull together like before and stand proud and support the team and manager, try to force out the diesease as we are LIVERPOOL FC not only one of the most successful team in England and the world but most importantly the most unique!! :yes:

Poor Roy...he's not even Cornsih....just an ordinary pasty.....

Heah he'll take the fall, with Purslow and broughton on the grassy knoll calling the 'shots'

Roy is our gaffa now and it means fuck all really..a caretaker manager , nothing more.

I only hope that IF the club finally gets sold, the one totally non negotiable factor in the contract will be that King Kenny has to take the reins, hopefully within 12 months, and Roy can fuck off and become England manager.

with all due respect, I don't think we are in a 'trough' or a 'lull'.

This Football Club is at a crossroads.

Many great clubs have been consigned to the past. I dont want LFC to be one of them.

The current capacity of Anfield will never support this club for revenue. The new stadium ( or miraculously, an adequate expansion) is our only chance of keeping up with the other big clubs of the Premier League, and it was needed yesterday. It was needed when it was first announced.

I want Kenny Dalglish rightfully restored to the place that was always his, with a Board 100% committed to the proper functioning of the team/manager relationship, and a clearly sited plan of nothing less than English and Euro football domination.

However, if I'm free and in the area, I'd probably pop down for the local derby V Tranmere or the away game at Formby in 15 yrs time, my health and finances willing.

The club has had much tougher times than these - 1954, Billy Liddell missed a penalty against Cardiff City when Alf Ramsey, their outfield substitute goalie, saved from him. That 1-0 loss saw us go to 2nd division for eight years.

As for signing players the manager had never seen or checked out - can any story better that of Souness when he was manager of Southampton? He signed a 30 year old Senegalese, after an agent called him. The agent claimed to be George Weah, former World Player of the Year, but he wasn't. He offered Sourness his talented cousin who supposedly had played 13 internationals. Purely on the strength of the phone call from this faker, Souness offered Dia a one-month contract. Without ever having seen him kick the ball in training, Souness gave him his debut against Leeds. He came off the bench midway through the first half to replace Matt Le Tissier. He lasted 53 minutes before he was substituted.

Knows a lot about management does our Graham!

We have to give the fella a chance, would he have been my choice no but there you go. So far he has done everything right and I hope he proves a lot of us wrong.

We needed to steady the ship and get back to basics and that is what he is doing. So far I like him but we shall see how it all pans out but at least give the fella a chance everyone deserves that.

He's been here 5 fucking minutes, not said a word out of turn, not even managed a match, kept everything indoors and no one knows fuck all what's going on with the transfers. He's hardly going to come out and reveal his targets, and we don't know what the indiviudal players want, I.e Insua.

Roy is our gaffa now and it means fuck all really..a caretaker manager , nothing more.

I only hope that IF the club finally gets sold, the one totally non negotiable factor in the contract will be that King Kenny has to take the reins, hopefully within 12 months, and Roy can fuck off and become England manager.

Nice vote of confidence for Roy there.

Not even played a minute of football yet. :|

I'm not sure the OP is saying Hodgson can't or won't do well, or that he doesn't want him to. Neither is he criticising him particularly, I think 'patsy' means 'fall guy' or 'scapegoat'.

I also think you can suspect foul play on behalf of the cancers with regard to Hodgson's appointment, while at the same time supporting Hodgson and wanting him to succeed. In fact I know you can because I do.

Keep the issues separate.

This.

How well Hodgson does will be in spite of the owners.

Doesn't automatically mean he will fail.

But he's clearly not in charge of the ins and outs.

Roy has already started politiking this.

I think his eyes are widening by the minute.

Fall guy, but not neccessarily a failure.

He's been here 5 fucking minutes, not said a word out of turn, not even managed a match, kept everything indoors and no one knows fuck all what's going on with the transfers. He's hardly going to come out and reveal his targets, and we don't know what the indiviudal players want, I.e Insua.

Including Woy it would seem.

Love pasties, love Greenhalghs or Sayers, Greggs are O.K. if theres only a Greggs around, when me girls in the strand every saturday can't be arsed with the poundland shite so go down to pastie shop on corner by cash converters, whats their name, fuckn meat pies are lovely.

Waterfields, Mr M.

The Beef pies are spectacular as you say.

I'm all for giving Roy a chance, but how you can not be alarmed is beyond me the comments on Masch, Purslow being left with Torres and seeming not to be in the know regarding transfers is highly worrying.

It does lend itself to the theory that he was the candidate that would give the owners the least problems.

I have a feeling things are going to get a hell of a lot worse yet and I'm normally an optimist.