You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Billionaire

Guest Nic

Has anyone else read about the Thi billionaire (who is also the Prime Minister) thinking of buying LFC. Its on teletext. I don't think it would happen it just seems strange that nobodies mentioned it.

Yeah, saw the story on the bbc sport website...not sure how much truth is in it, or how imminent any moves are. I know he hasn't got as much moolah, but isn't the Redrow homes guy looking to get on the board and inject some cash?

What is our current financial situation, btw, if anyone knows?

Guest Scousewegian

Ive just got back from Thailand and read about it over there.

He was looking to buy a club but reckons Fulham isnt big enough and then says Liverpool is too expensive.

I think the jist of the story was he would invest in LFC and he could then send the brightest Thai footballers over to us.

I know the Thais love watching football but im not sure how many of them actually play the game.

I really dont think Moores wold sell any of his shares to someone who was looking at just investment purposes and who wasnt a fan of the club. He'd rather bury the hatchet with Steve Morgan. But if he was that interesed there'd be nothing to stop the Thai buying shares from individuals in piecemeal fashion over time as Morgan has, to muscle himself into a prominent position.

Can't see it happening to be honest. Steve Morgan the Redrow chief is more likely if anybody takes over the club - he's a lifelong Red not some long distance MP trying to curry favour (no pun intended!) with the masses in the Far East.

Morgan would no doubt take us down the plc route as he's no Abramovich figure. He's also far too much of a gobshite.