You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares where he plays for the Dutch? We should use him as a striker, that's what he is.

Right so you know more than a two time La Liga winning manager who incidentally has won the European Cup as well and a Dutch manager who won every game in qualifying and in the tournament only losing at the final hurdle to arguably the greatest international side ever?

Righty-ho.

Right so you know more than a two time La Liga winning manager who incidentally has won the European Cup as well and a Dutch manager who won every game in qualifying and in the tournament only losing at the final hurdle to arguably the greatest international side ever?

Correct.

According to what I've heard, Remy plays more of a right forward role, and to be fair to the lad, scoring 14 goals from the right, in a team that finished 15th, in the league with the least goal tally (due to defensiveness), he has done pretty well; if he comes and scores 10 goals for us in the league, i'll be quite happy.

Given the fact that he is a right forward, we will probably play 3 up front,

Remy Jovanovic

Torres

With Remy and Jovanovic playing as right and left forwards (acting as wingers but coming inside more as well, similar to kuyt), but both also being able to fill in Torres's role, when he is injured. We would have a fucking pacey forward line, could turn out to be a great move (if true, but so far, it all seems to be pointing to us)

He cant be that good if that awful, terrible fuckin lump Govou got called up into their World Cup squad and he didnt.

Govou is the worst footballer I've ever seen in my life.

I would be tempted to avoid all things French based purely on the World Cup just gone, although even when they did win it, most of them were still shit too.

I think Govou is a good player and played well against us twice last season.

To say the France team from 98 was rubbish too is pure shite - Thuram, Desailly, Lizarazu, Deschamps, Zidane, Petit, Barthez, Blanc, Djorkaef & Karembeu were all at their peaks.

It was just up front they were lacking. Henry, Pires & Trezeguet weren't top class then and Guivarc'h & Duggary were forced to lead the line. Luckily for them the whole squad chipped in with goals and took the pressure off them.

Has anyone actually seen him play and can provide some information?

Go to Nice a couple of times a year as my birds mum and dad have an appartment there.

Decided to go to the Nice v Monaco derby match there last sept, He scored their goal in a 3-1 defeat.

Cant say as i remember him much and the goal was at the other end of the pitch.

Things that stood out at that match were the bloody fleas everywhere on the terraces, a sub getting racially abused in front of me to the point where he was trying to climb the fences to twat some fans. And seeing Gudjohnsen and Twinkle toes Traore again........... Oh and the 200 or so Nice fans climbing over seats in the main stand to try and twat the club president as the club were rock bottom............ Well worth the 20 euros :yes:

The ever reliant goal.com.

Nice striker Loic Remy set for Liverpool medical after agreeing £12.5m transfer - Goal.com

Nice striker Loic Remy set for Liverpool medical after agreeing £12.5m transfer

Frenchman expected to travel to Merseyside this weekend...

16 Jul 2010 12:43:00

Liverpool are on the verge of signing French striker Loic Remy on a five-year contract for a fee of around £12.5 million [€15m], Goal.com UK understands.

The 23-year-old is expected to travel to Merseyside tomorrow to undergo a medical before joining Roy Hodgson’s squad at its training camp in Switzerland, according to sources at Remy’s club, Nice.

Remy had been tempted by offers from Tottenham and West Ham, whose directors, David Sullivan and Karen Brady flew to the south of France in an attempt to negotiate a deal, but it was Liverpool’s history that tipped the balance and a deal has agreed in principle.

“Liverpool is a legendary club,” Remy told Nice Matin today. “I am very excited by the thought of playing there. It has a magnificent stadium and a fantastic public.”

Liverpool are expected to pay Nice £7.5 million [€9m] upfront with the rest to follow in installments.

The Nice president, Gilberto Stellado, is believed to have sought reassurances about Liverpool’s financial situation before agreeing to the move. Nice paid Olympique Lyonnais a club record €8m for Remy, although after two seasons and 25 goals they have accepted they can no longer hold on to a striker who but for an ankle injury might have gone to Arsenal in the January transfer window.

"I absolutely rely on him but we have resigned ourselves to his leaving," said the Nice coach, Eric Roy. "We had a verbal agreement that he would spend two seasons at Nice so it was always likely he would leave if an offer came along that matched what the club expected."

It comes after Remy's agent Frederic Guerra revealed he was in talks with Liverpool.

"Yes, Liverpool are interested in Loic and Loic is interested in Liverpool," he told Sky Sports. "There has also been interest from West Ham and Tottenham and it is now up to Nice. Loic has always said he is keen to play in England and Liverpool are a massive club."

He added: "I believe if Loic comes to England he will be a massive success. He is like Thierry Henry, but I believe if he comes to England he could be even better than Henry. He is a sensational player, he is very strong, very quick and two-footed. He is the complete player and Liverpool would love him."

Liverpool's new manager Roy Hodgson has made bolstering his team's forward line a priority, amid uncertainty over whether Fernando Torres will stay at the club.

According to Sky Sports he's been tracked by Macia for 5 years, which doesn't sound too promising, though even a broken watch is right every now and then.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Reds make Remy move

Skysports.com can confirm Liverpool have made a move to sign French striker Loic Remy from under the noses of West Ham and Tottenham.

New Reds boss Roy Hodgson has entered the race for the Nice ace and is hoping to beat his Premier League rivals to the forward's signature.

Remy is regarded as one of the best young strikers in Europe after impressing at Nice over the last few seasons.

The 23-year-old, who has been likened to Thierry Henry, scored 16 goals for Nice last season and has broken into the France national team.

West Ham had been leading the chase for Remy after making a couple of sizeable offers for the striker, but they were unable to agree a fee with Nice.

However, they could now lose out on Remy with Liverpool firming up their interest in the player with a bid.

Liverpool's technical director Eduardo Macia is believed to have been tracking Remy for five years and he has recommended Hodgson make a move for the pacy hit-man.

The Reds are in need of a new striker as they look to bolster their attacking options ahead of the Europa League deadline with Fernando Torres currently on the sidelines, leaving David Ngog as the only available forward for the start of the club's European campaign.

Funds

Liverpool's financial director Philip Nash is believed to have raised the funds to enable the club to make their move as they look to win the race for the in-demand Frenchman.

Remy's agent, Frederic Guerra, has admitted he has spoken to Liverpool about a possible move and that Remy would be keen on a switch to Anfield.

"Yes, Liverpool are interested in Loic and Loic is interested in Liverpool," Guerra told skysports.com.

"There has also been interest from West Ham and Tottenham and it is now up to Nice.

"Loic has always said he is keen to play in England and Liverpool are a massive club.

"I believe if Loic comes to England he will be a massive success.

"He is like Thierry Henry, but I believe if he comes to England he could be even better than Henry.

"He is a sensational player, he is very strong, very quick and two-footed. He is the complete player and Liverpool would love him."