You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coro

As soon as they see more than two or three come through, they knock up a rule in Outlook and the rest get deleted as spam. Done like that, it's an exercise in futility.

There are some valid questions in the list, some naive questions, and some that obviously arise from a personal dislike of the individual whisked up into hysteria. There are very few in there that are interesting from a journalistic pov, and those that are will be lost amongst those that can be dismissed as rantings and vendetta from 'mad fans'.

If you feel strongly enough to write to journalists about this, for heaven's sake think of some questions (and a format) of your own, make sure they don't betray a pathological dislike of the individual, and make sure your spelling and grammar is correct.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing I would say is that the carpet bombing technique has it's place when it's directed at the likes of the RBS, or local MPs, or the premier league, or Standard Chartered. I just don't see how it helps to do it to journalists who we need onside.

Spot on. Stop the madness. Do not target journalists. I repeat, DO NOT TARGET JOURNALISTS

Some people seriously missing the point above. These questions are obviously not intended for Purslow to sit down and answer politely but to place them in the minds of journalists and others whose interest it serves to investigate them a little and see if there is any story to be made of the answers. Of course some of them are a little hostile. Would you prefer these journalists to be investigating if he likes sugar in his tea?

The problem I have with this exercise is not the particular questions being asked, nor who they are being asked of, but that the nature of this carpet bombing of journalist's inboxes is likely to simply piss them off and stop them from giving a damn.

I'm pretty sure RAWK has pursued campaigns just like this before to gain only angry responses from journalists who are losing other correspondence through being flooded with what is effectively malicious spam from their perspective.

If we look at what the likes of StevieH have achieved through carefully and persistently emailing individuals and journalists and establishing a rapport with them through ongoing correspondence then this carpet bombing technique looks both naive and counter-productive.

I'm left wondering why FAT SCOUSER thinks it needs thousands of emails to each individual when one is enough both to make them aware and give them the information they need to carry out their own enquiries. Does he think it will guilt-trip them into running a story they may not otherwise have run? If it's a good story they will run it regardless of how many emails they get. If it's a bad one then they are not going to run it no matter how much we pester them.

Also would it not be better to present some of the background behind some of these questions, rather than just dropping them in without any context? If we are to get off our arses and do our bit as Durango eloquently puts it, then surely it would be much, much better for everyone to construct their own emails lamenting the state of the club and the efforts of Christian Purslow and to try to establish a rapport with these journalists in the way StevieH does.

The list of addresses is useful for that and I will be taking the time in the next week or so to write my own email asking why these individuals are not writing more pieces in the traditions of investigative journalism into all aspects of what the yanks and their flunkies are doing to the club. I'm not going to take part in a campaign to clog them up with spam and piss them off though. I honestly don't see the point in that.

This is bang on. We saw the reaction from the media when this was last tried, and the sad thing is the story became, "Liverpool fans send emails" instead of the actual message we wanted to get out.

Dont mind getting at Purslow, he's a cancer on the club.

But im very uncomfortable with the ridiculous mass emailing everytime theres a problem at the club. "Save Rafa" "Answer the question Christian". Its cringeworthy and if in the future we need to get word out regarding Hicks/Gillett or maybe Hillsborough you cant blame these people/places if they delete the fucking lot!

I can not understand the mass emailing of journalists.

Tony Barrett is easily reachable as is David Maddock, Rory Smith, Brian Reade, Dom King, Oli Kay and Chris Bascombe.

These people have in the past all done articles about our plight and im sure if the questions were sent to them they would seriously consider taking it further.

Mass bombardment of emails purely gets the journo's backs up and achieves very little in my opinion other then pissing off the guy who has recieved all these numerous emails.

Funnily enough, nicked from the thread on RAWK

Got this reply from the Star. Note the fact he has taken it to be an SOS initiative

Trouble is, you want to be sympathetic, but an orchestrated campaign which involves thousands of emails blocking up the system only serves to disgruntle and alienate people in the media who love nothing more than to spend three hours hitting the delete button.

I think you will find we have not been particularly in praise of the Liverpool regime, nor the Portsmouth, nor Man Utd.....but a mass assault on our working day does not endear your cause, in fact it does the opposite.

I would be grateful if you could pass on this email to all your colleagues in SOS and kindly ask them to stop being a pain, and then they might find more willing people to help them out.

You have to understand our point of view, and we have a right to be heard as much as you supporters

Duncan Wright

Deputy Sports Editor

Guest simon

Im noty having a pop here but anyone else has more chance to getting to him than SOS im if it hadnt been for all them media oulets on the page like. But Purslow know SOS have a huge media backing i probs wont give them his time where as a small selection of fans he probably would again it would be lies though. Purslow isnt who we should be goin after imo.

Got this reply from the Star. Note the fact he has taken it to be an SOS initiative

Trouble is, you want to be sympathetic, but an orchestrated campaign which involves thousands of emails blocking up the system only serves to disgruntle and alienate people in the media who love nothing more than to spend three hours hitting the delete button.

I think you will find we have not been particularly in praise of the Liverpool regime, nor the Portsmouth, nor Man Utd.....but a mass assault on our working day does not endear your cause, in fact it does the opposite.

I would be grateful if you could pass on this email to all your colleagues in SOS and kindly ask them to stop being a pain, and then they might find more willing people to help them out.

You have to understand our point of view, and we have a right to be heard as much as you supporters

Duncan Wright

Deputy Sports Editor

Yes I got that. I got exactly the same email from the sports editors from the Times, the Telegraph, the Express, the Guardian, Gardeners Weekly and Knave.

Cunts thelorrathem

Duncan Wright

Deputy Sports Editor

Hahahaha,

you're blocking is Tit page on page 7,

What a fuckin Bender!!!!!

I agree that this is far from a perfect idea but as i've said it's an idea that can be built upon.

For all those who jumped in to criticise the idea and point out its flaws, are you going to leave it at that? You done your bit now?

Cant we have more posts like this -

Also would it not be better to present some of the background behind some of these questions, rather than just dropping them in without any context? If we are to get off our arses and do our bit as Durango eloquently puts it, then surely it would be much, much better for everyone to construct their own emails lamenting the state of the club and the efforts of Christian Purslow and to try to establish a rapport with these journalists in the way StevieH does.

The list of addresses is useful for that and I will be taking the time in the next week or so to write my own email asking why these individuals are not writing more pieces in the traditions of investigative journalism into all aspects of what the yanks and their flunkies are doing to the club. I'm not going to take part in a campaign to clog them up with spam and piss them off though. I honestly don't see the point in that.

Something to think about C, purslow, before a career in finance had a career in the media, id guess he hasinfluential contacts across the board there which may explain the lack of emphathy from the mainstream media, the hatchet job on benitez, financial misinformation etc..

We'll get no help from them C, We gotta make our numbers count , that's were our strength lies , rbs could do with being included in the list with a separate message for them, The threat of mass account closures frightens them to death..

Edited by bonesman

Something to think about C, purslow, before a career in finance had a career in the media, id guess he influential contacts across the board there which may explain the lack of emphathy from the mainstream media, the hatchet job on benitez, financial misinformation etc..

We'll get no help from them C, We gotta make our numbers count , that's were our strength lies , rbs could do with being included in the list with a separate message for them, The threat of mass account closures frightens them to death..

He was working for Reuters wasn't he in a directors role? I think, i hope the more vocal we are against him, the more those in the media will sit up and take notice. As you rightly say, we've got to do these things in number. Bring people together from all the different LFC sites and make the campaign a little less diluted.

For fucks sake

Why wasn't the blitz on before Rafa was sacked eh?

How very fucking tedious of you.

Maybe because some of you were all too fixated with the Spaniard to see the real problems occurring.

Still the case now, so it seems.

How very fucking tedious of you.

Maybe because some of you were all too fixated with the Spaniard to see the real problems occurring.

Still the case now, so it seems.

Pot calling the kettle black.

You see Coro, depsite my criticisms of Benitez 9 times of 10 I was at the marches at Anfield and various other rallies the Union has had.

I was able to seperate the two issues. Now with Purslow, if we get rid of him? Then what? We get another fella in who does the EXACT SAME FUCKING JOB.

Pot calling the kettle black.

You what? I'm sorry you've lost me.

Also, when did those minutes with the union take place? I was sceptical of Purslow's appointment at the time and have been proven right since then.

You keep fixating on all things the bad Spaniard.

Edit - things are very black and white for aren't they.

Let's find him out first and see what he's made of before we talk about getting rid of him.

Let's see exactly what we're dealing with and where exactly the club is headed, let's see some journalists asking the necessary questions, let's throw some light on the issues before we roll over for him and accept his new position at our club.