You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sponsor to pay for new players?

caracaracara

I was watching Ian Ayre last night on LFC TV going on about how they have increased the marketing revenue by 85% over 3 years blah blah.

Well why doesn't he get sponsors to buy players for LFC? Mad or what?

Last week went on a stadium tour of Cologne - their fans are as passionate as we used to be with a similar capacity.

When we got to the media area the tour guide told a story about Poldolski.

Couple of years ago he went from Cologne to Bayern then got homesick. Beginning of last season one of the sponsors paid £10Million to bring him back home.

So if you or any of your webhawks is reading this mr Ayre then get your finger out and get a few sponsors to trump up a few players between them.......

What is the flaw in the above? Discuss.

I was watching Ian Ayre last night on LFC TV going on about how they have increased the marketing revenue by 85% over 3 years blah blah.

Well why doesn't he get sponsors to buy players for LFC? Mad or what?

Last week went on a stadium tour of Cologne - their fans are as passionate as we used to be with a similar capacity.

When we got to the media area the tour guide told a story about Poldolski.

Couple of years ago he went from Cologne to Bayern then got homesick. Beginning of last season one of the sponsors paid £10Million to bring him back home.

So if you or any of your webhawks is reading this mr Ayre then get your finger out and get a few sponsors to trump up a few players between them.......

What is the flaw in the above? Discuss.

Our owners. End of thread.

Adidas had a major say in Bringing Zidane and later Beckham to Real Madrid, selling jerseys etc.

Mad thing is we sell more Jerseys for Adidas than any other club side maybe they can buy us a player, our last home Jersey was there biggest selling club Jersey of all time.

Am I right in saying though that our deal with adidas suits them far better than it suits us ? Financially.

Am I right in saying though that our deal with adidas suits them far better than it suits us ? Financially.

I'd say you could be right, we could get alot more if we let Adidas do all our retro gear, instead of our own brand retro shirts for example, I've no doubt Madrid get more money than us even though we sell more kits than them.

I'd say you could be right, we could get alot more if we let Adidas do all our retro gear, instead of our own brand retro shirts for example, I've no doubt Madrid get more money than us even though we sell more kits than them.

Well Rick Parry helped set up the deal we have so its kind of a given we lose out on it. Hopefully the next deal with them will see us earn a decent amount.

Adidas had a major say in Bringing Zidane and later Beckham to Real Madrid, selling jerseys etc.

Mad thing is we sell more Jerseys for Adidas than any other club side maybe they can buy us a player, our last home Jersey was there biggest selling club Jersey of all time.

Is there any where they show the yearly sales figures for the different clubs?

I think it's to do with international rights too. Like adidas can produce gear with the liverbird on it for sale outside of the UK and we don't see a penny. Hence the cold war between adidas and the club on retro gear, that's a battle the club will never win. Those retro strips with only stripe look like they've come from the market.

I was serious! Adidas Originals make an 80s Dalglish 7 shirt for 60£! Limited edition! WTF?! I've got money. Waiting. And they won't sell me one because they didn't make enough! I've resorted to scouring eBay unsuccessfully. Do they really look that bad? Have got 3: crown paints 87/88 red and grey away and crown paints 85-86 league cup double! Had an original bird cr*p shirt too until the missus barracuda me into getting rid ;'(

I was serious! Adidas Originals make an 80s Dalglish 7 shirt for 60£! Limited edition! WTF?! I've got money. Waiting. And they won't sell me one because they didn't make enough! I've resorted to scouring eBay unsuccessfully. Do they really look that bad? Have got 3: crown paints 87/88 red and grey away and crown paints 85-86 league cup double! Had an original bird cr*p shirt too until the missus barracuda me into getting rid ;'(

I'll stitch one on for a tenner then.