You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk Kuyt: "Rafa told me he wanted to give me a new contract, but because of his own contract he wanted to sort that out first and then we'll see what's happening.

"I've just been trying to focus on the games and not worry too much.

"Because I'm happy at Liverpool and I enjoy it I want to stay. I don't know if my future is linked to the manager, because that depends on what the club wants.

"If the club want to give me a new contract, I'm more than happy to talk about it.

"I've never been thinking about whether the manager would go or not. It's other people who are talking about this."

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirk Kuyt: "Rafa told me he wanted to give me a new contract, but because of his own contract he wanted to sort that out first and then we'll see what's happening.

Well this quote certainly seems to back up DD's argument. Doesn't necessarily mean this was a master plan to take Kuyt with him though. But I applaud the effort for trying to link accusations with direct quotes. I know it's asking much to bother doing this every time. But you make the debate on here infinitely much better by doing so.

Well, your argument is a bit flawed considering that Masch was already on his way out, and no other of his "favourites" have left.

You can state all the opinions you want about him doing this and saying that, just like all the others. Curiously, all the poisonous stuff is just whispers and rumours. All the visible stuff is mainly positive, like the touch of class he displayed when leaving the club.

It doesn't mean you or the others are wrong. I have no illusions about what a hardass and cynical bastard Rafa can be. But like it or not, to be taken seriously you have to present your accusations with a bit more..well, not proof, but just a more weight, I don't know the best word here.

Dirk was quoted as saying, 'Rafa told me not to sign the new contract' I've posted the piece from various news papers before.

Rafa Benitez told me NOT to sign new Liverpool deal until he had, says Dirk Kuyt - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

As I said, I'm told Dirk wasn't the only one, but as I have no proof, I wont name the other players.

Dirk was quoted as saying' date=' 'Rafa told me not to sign the new contract' I've posted the piece from various news papers before.

Rafa Benitez told me NOT to sign new Liverpool deal until he had, says Dirk Kuyt - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

As I said, I'm told Dirk wasn't the only one, but as I have no proof, I wont name the other players.

Fair enough, see my post above

I hope Masch doesn't get 2nd thoughts is pondering whether to stay browses LFC fan sites to see the mood of supporters and comes across this thread title!

And if he misses the title, point him to this post:

MASCHERANO, WOULD YOU PLEASE FUCK OFF*?

Ta muchly.

*to whoever pays the most money of course.

Why would he advise Kuyt not to sign his contract ? Then as soon as Rafa signed his five year deal' date=' Kuyt sudenly signs his contract extension. I think there was another player too, but i'm not sure so I wont name him. But Rafa was advising Kuyt not to sign. Regardless of whether you rate Kuyt or not, I can see no other reason why Rafa would do this, unless he was paving the way to take Kuyt to his new club.[/quote']

One possible reason is that Rafa knew that his new contract was likely to give him much more power at the club with regards to signings and the playing staff, and I presume that would include contracts of players already at the club. We all know kuyt was one of his favourite players, is it beyond the realms of possibility that he said to him that he really appreciates his contribution to the team, and to hold off signing the contract as once he has sorted out his own that he may be able to offer better terms?

Straight out of the Harvard Business School MBA course on how to motivate staff to both perform well and remain loyal if you ask me. These few posts are all I have heard about it though, so dunno if there is more inside information

In fact reading through Kuyts quotes again he says he is happy at Liverpool, he wants to stay, he is happy to talk about a new contract, and that it is not dependent on whether Rafa stays or not. To me it does not sound like Rafa has had a word in his ear to say he may be leaving and that he wants him to go with. If that was the case he would probably say that there was no rush and that he was concentrating on performing well for the rest of the season or something along those lines

What's he done wrong exactly?

shown no loyalty whatsoever - wanted out last year, didnt get his way and basically downed tools for the first 3 months of the season. He helped create the situation we now find ourselves in on the pitch and now just wants to do one, he's a twat. Unfortunately, a typical modern day footballer.

Mascherano, please stay. Footballers are cunts, big surprise...play well and I won't care.

This!

What's he done wrong exactly?

Im baffled myself?

shown no loyalty whatsoever - wanted out last year, didnt get his way and basically downed tools for the first 3 months of the season. He helped create the situation we now find ourselves in on the pitch and now just wants to do one, he's a twat. Unfortunately, a typical modern day footballer.

The rest of the team down tools aswel maybe we should get rid of the lot aye? Gerrard seemed to have his tools down longer than anyone I don't see anyone saying we should let him rot in the ressies!

He was our best outfield player last season and one of the only ones who actually showed some pride at wearing the Liverpool shirt.

He DIDN'T WANT to be here yet he still put more effort in than every single one of our other outfield players, he DIDN'T WANT to be here but he was still performing to high standards.

He didn't fucking create any situation you tit, if all of our players showed the same amount of commitment as Mascherano we would be fucking champions.

He was our best outfield player last season and one of the only ones who actually showed some pride at wearing the Liverpool shirt.

He DIDN'T WANT to be here yet he still put more effort in than every single one of our other outfield players, he DIDN'T WANT to be here but he was still performing to high standards.

He didn't fucking create any situation you tit, if all of our players showed the same amount of commitment as Mascherano we would be fucking champions.

Good post that!

Masch might be staying, apparently Balotelli is asking for the mere sum of £180,000 a week plus image rights to sign for City. If he stays at Inter will they still bid for Masch?

Mario Balotelli wage demands could scupper Manchester City deal - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

That's fucking hilarious, especially if they cave in.

Inter already have the money, regardless of Balotelli. They just want to drag it out and drive down our asking price. Obviously now, if the Balotelli sale goes through it will be more likely they will pay our asking price. Also it will be another massive egotistical cunt in the Man City dressing room on extortionate wages.

Spanish sports paper ole! claim barca have reached an agreement with us for 15million euros plus hleb, don't know how reliable that paper is though could be the spanish star for all i know.

If it is true i feel were being taken for a long fucking ride. The best defensive mid in the game for a 29 year old benayoun type player plus around 13million pound. Real shit deal imo

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Masch might be staying, apparently Balotelli is asking for the mere sum of £180,000 a week plus image rights to sign for City. If he stays at Inter will they still bid for Masch?

Mario Balotelli wage demands could scupper Manchester City deal - Transfers - ESPN Soccernet

They are just being taken for a ride and it's nobody else's fault bar their own. They made this bed, just like Chelsea did. You need to set your stall out from the beginning, even if it means that you miss out on a player or two. It'll save you hundreds of millions in the next decade in wages and fees.

If we get mega rich owners, we need to offer reasonable market value and reasonable wages inkeeping with our wage structure (which is fucking high for players like Gerrard and Torres). Stars get the big money, Balotelli's get the big money when they prove they are the big players.

When a player like Balotelli wants that much at 20 years of age, you know that you're being taken for a ride. Joke football club.

Spanish sports paper ole! claim barca have reached an agreement with us for 15million euros plus hleb, don't know how reliable that paper is though could be the spanish star for all i know.

If it is true i feel were being taken for a long fucking ride. The best defensive mid in the game for a 29 year old benayoun type player plus around 13million pound. Real shit deal imo

Daylight fucking robbery.

Masch is worth at least 25-30 million, Hleb is worth about 5. so that´s about 17 million? Not even what we paid for him, and he´s a much better player now. What a joke.