You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where is Roy

Archimede

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their DoF is an ex footballer, Marco Branca, who played for the club.

We aren't supposed to have one, but in reality MidOcean Finance's Christain Purslow is our DoF.

I know, but like Benitez he seems happy to compromise given the prestige of the job.

As you say the fact that the investment banker is calling shots is just another example of the kind of mistakes we've continued to make for decades now. And seem determined to continue to make.

Beginning to get excited about next season... and have been checkin the .tv to see pictures of those who are back training with Roy etc.

Nothing really there. I know the players are coming backing in dribs and drabs from Africa etc. however i was expecting Roy to have a higher profile. (maybe its a good thing he has not) - snaps of him at training etc.

I also thought he would shake up the backroom team - but Sammy, Pelligrino and co are all in situ. Im surprised he does not have / want a confidant in place.

Furthermore there is little real rumours about players. Im kinda underwhelmed so far.... unless Roy has returned to the old liverpool way and it all be done behind doors and announced when least expected.

yet further eveidence that Roy is just a stooge - just incase people hadn't figured it out yet

Guest davelfc
yet further eveidence that Roy is just a stooge - just incase people hadn't figured it out yet

the-three-stooges-1.jpg

That's you there, right in the middle isn't it?

Guest TK-421

Just like the real Archimedes, Roy is taking a bath to dwell on the true workings of Liverpool Football Club. Eureka! He's found it? No, no he has not. He has found a shell. He has displaced Rafa's considerable mass and density, but he has found it can not be REPLACED quite so easily. It is a new conundrum.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Is no one else worried that he seems to be just sitting back and letting Purslow sell players without his consent? I found Roy's Insua comments very worrying.

I'd hoped he had more balls than that.

What, you thought he was brought in 'cause of his sterling Premier League performance?

What, you thought he was brought in 'cause of his sterling Premier League performance?

No, i feared he would be a Yes man for them but loads of people said no way he would.

I find it a bit mad that no one is even really complaining about it.

Is no one else worried that he seems to be just sitting back and letting Purslow sell players without his consent? I found Roy's Insua comments very worrying.

I'd hoped he had more balls than that.

I feel sorry for Roy myself.

My guess is that he has been told that he can have the biggest job of his career with a number of stipulations in place, regarding the sale of sellable players. Its not his fault whats going on, he has just accepted a job at the biggest club he'll ever be at, even with said stipulations.

All this 'transfers were already in place' stuff is there for his own protection. He more than likely knew what was going to be going on but a plan was put into place to shield him from what is happening.

In no way would I ever criticise any man from taking the Liverpool managers job. No matter who are the owners and no matter how far it goes before the gutting and pillaging stops, we are still an extremely attractive proposition for some people. And that alone is a small reason to keep hope that the current regime will get the fuck out of our club sometime in the future.

Good luck Roy Hodgson and hopefully you can one day manage our club and be judged under better circumstances than at present.

Edited by 23CARRAGOLD

I find it a bit mad that no one is even really complaining about it.

Roy said the Insua thing had already been started when he got here I think, so we'll maybe just have to see what happens from here on out with other players. Will be interesting to see if he rates Lucas as his transfer has only just been talked about, so he can't say that started before he got here.

Also that if we're going to start calling him a yes man and complaining about it we'll just be starting the big divide all over again, and people probably aren't into the idea of that after what happened with Rafa.

If he's a Yes man he should get shit.

Why would there be a divide? Surely no one wants a Yes man as manager?

I think the point being that we can't tell he's defo a "yes" man (whatever that means), so to start a "is he or isn't he a yes man" debate is utterly futile and pointless.

There's probably less fuss about Insua & Lucas being mooted as outs because they are pretty shit*

* not that is the point exactly, but you see what I mean.

I have absolutely no knowledge of this, but I wonder in the whole football world, how many clubs have managers who have 100% control over who goes and who doesn't. Particularly in the current financial climate.

If he's a Yes man he should get shit.

Why would there be a divide? Surely no one wants a Yes man as manager?

People will be hoping he isn't just a yes man and that he can do something with the team this season, and I doubt we're going to find out for sure if he is or isn't. So we'll have people saying he's a yes man, then others accusing them of causing problems all over again, then we'll have pro-roy and anti-roy fans and things are back to square one again.

Also that a lot of fans might just be sick of all the arguing and want to focus on the owners, Cecil and Broughton instead, whilst supporting Roy and the team. And Broughton's only got about a month or so before it turns towards him if he's still here, we can almost be sure of that.

People will be hoping he isn't just a yes man and that he can do something with the team this season, and I doubt we're going to find out for sure if he is or isn't. So we'll have people saying he's a yes man, then others accusing them of causing problems all over again, then we'll have pro-roy and anti-roy fans and things are back to square one again.

Also that a lot of fans might just be sick of all the arguing and want to focus on the owners, Cecil and Broughton instead, whilst supporting Roy and the team. And Broughton's only got about a month or so before it turns towards him if he's still here, we can almost be sure of that.

Agree 100% and "sick of all the arguing" doesn't mean in anyway that the pressure is off the owners, I just don't see anything constructive in attacking Roy and "yes man" accusations.

Could all have been so easily avoided - we had a manager we could have lined up behind.

That'll be good if true - where did he say that?

Liverpool must be sold quickly says new manager Roy Hodgson - Telegraph

The former Fulham manager accepts the perils of his new post, but nevertheless hopes to see new owners installed at the club quickly.

“The sooner that happens the better, absolutely,” he said. “That is what all the fans want. They want new ownership, maybe in the way Manchester City found new ownership. I do not know whether that would be a possibility but I can understand the fans wanting that.