You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas bid

danperkins

I don't understand.

He's a kid with tonnes of potential

He had a shit first season.

He improved massively in his second season.

Now everyones wanting rid for shit money.

We play him out of his position to compensate Gerrard. 'He's learning something new'

In my idiots guide for developing young players and making them good. Patience is the most important bit. It is not his fault Rafa cocked up with Alonso and he was thrown into the deep end. With a fanbase excited at the prospect of a title winning side that failed.

He takes more criticism because its common to give it to him. Let's be honest its easy to criticise lucas because the media back it up. Same with rafa. Give him time.

A young lad managed to run about in a midfield with gerrard kuyt benayoun and mascherano and not look out of place last season. You cant do that if your shit.

No less than 8 million

Spot on.

If you are judging our midfield on last years performance then none of them are worth very much.

Lucas obviously lacks that last bit but give the lad a chance his attitude is bob on and he works for the full 90 mins. Sooner get rid of Babel and Riera.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why danperkins is getting the abuse he's getting for voicing his (correct for me) opinion .

5 million is a little low but I'd take 6 million for him definately. I just don't rate him.

All these arguments about replacements for the price we sell him don't make sense either. You want to improve on him so of course you're going to pay a bit more for a replacement. I'd like to think we could prise Parker away from West Ham for around 9-10 million although I'd see him more as a replacement for Mascherano who seems to have one foot out the door already.

Regarding Scharner, if we're going to enquire with Wigan about possible transfers, I'd enquire about both McCarthy and Diame.

Guest PurpleNose
I don't know why danperkins is getting the abuse he's getting for voicing his (correct for me) opinion .

5 million is a little low but I'd take 6 million for him definately.

All these arguments about replacements for the price we sell him don't make sense either. You want to improve on him so of course you're going to pay a bit more for a replacement. I'd like to think we could prise Parker away from West Ham for around 9-10 million although I'd see him more as a replacement for Mascherano who seems to have one foot out the door already.

I hate to break it to you...

Guest PurpleNose
Go on....

Well do you not think that the chances of Dick Turpin and Claude Du Vall giving us money on top of what we get for Lucas to replace him is a little unlikely?

Guest TK-421

I'm sure we'll sign better replacements for Lucas, Insua, Yossi, Mascherano and whoever else wants to leave. The funds are there.

Just as we improved on Rafa with Roy. Stop panicking, people, and give Cecil a chance.

Well do you not think that the chances of Dick Turpin and Claude Du Vall giving us money on top of what we get for Lucas to replace him is a little unlikely?

You could be right, but surely a new manager will get some sort of kitty, even off our joke of a board. I've heard 12-15 mil kitty mentioned a few times. I'm also resigned to Mascherano going which would at least bring in around 25m you'd hope.

Guest PurpleNose
Basically, Lucas, Insua and N'Gog are all off, so all the scapegoats are being shipped out by the populist!

Lovely, Ignorance is Bliss.

We'll win the league then.

I want Lucas to stay.

We'll win the league then.

Seriously, not beyond the realms of possibility that we will challenge this year. I think we are in for a good season.

But this type of shite makes me angry, I can't help feeling that Cecil is sitting their thinking 'Oh yeah, Lucas and Insua, they will love me if I got rid of them'"! And I suspect he is right. I am waiting to see how Dirk is welcomed back, might be interesting.

I'd keep him unless we got a really good offer of about £10m and could spend it all on a decent replacement. He's got a good attitude and his game is still improving. What's the point of selling him for peanuts?

I can see Purslow selling him and Mascherano, replacing them with Scharner and Cattermole and banking £20m.

Guest PurpleNose
Seriously, not beyond the realms of possibility that we will challenge this year. I think we are in for a good season.

But this type of shite makes me angry, I can't help feeling that Cecil is sitting their thinking 'Oh yeah, Lucas and Insua, they will love me if I got rid of them'"! And I suspect he is right. I am waiting to see how Dirk is welcomed back, might be interesting.

If we lose a game next season and none of Kuyt, N'Gog, Insua or Lucas are playing a lot of people are going to be quite confused.

4-4-2, good honest British players, give 110%, attack, attack, attack attack attack.

Basically, Lucas, Insua and N'Gog are all off, so all the scapegoats are being shipped out by the populist!

Right, first of all, all of those three need shipping out, because they're not very good. In actual fact, they're SHIT.

Secondly, if he was such a "populist", he'd have given Kenny the job, and told Woy to fuck off back to Fulham.

At least try and have *some* consistency in your rants.

If we lose a game next season and none of Kuyt, N'Gog, Insua or Lucas are playing a lot of people are going to be quite confused.

4-4-2, good honest British players, give 110%, attack, attack, attack attack attack.

Nah, they will do what they did when Hodgson was appointed and conveniently forgot their assertions that Maureen and Hiddink would be the replacement, they will demand you back the team!

For the record I don't think N'Gog is good enough and I would cash in now on the back of last season. But unless we are going to bring in two left backs it makes no sense getting rid of Insua, and unless Mascherano is staying it makes no sense in getting rid of Lucas, so why are we accepting bids for them and why is Cecil negotiating their sale?