You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas bid

danperkins

Palermo have confirmed that an offer has been made for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva but they insist that they have not bid the reported fee of €6million (£5m).

The Serie A club have been linked with the Brazilian for several months and the speculation has increased following the arrival of Roy Hodgson at Anfield.

Liverpool's new manager is expected to make changes to his squad and, with Emiliano Insua already the subject of talks with Fiorentina, Lucas could be one of the players who is sold to raise funds for reshaping.

Lucas was a regular in former boss Rafa Benitez's first XI last season after Xabi Alonso was sold to Real Madrid, but the 23-year-old still struggled to win over his critics.

Palermo, though, are admirers and sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed that they would like to sign the ex Gremio player, telling TGS: "We made a first offer to Liverpool for Lucas Pezzini (Leiva).

"But I deny that we have offered €6m. That is too much."

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Lucas has his detractors on here but surely a bid of less than 6m euros is low for a Brazilian international when I am reading that Gosling's shafting of Everton has cost them a £4m rated talent.

For the record I wouldn't be actively looking to offload him unless it was an excellent price & we had a better replacement lined up.

I wonder who we'll get as a replacement...

We desperately need a centre-mid and at least one left back if reports are to be believed, although we really need two leftbacks if we are selling Insua. We still need a left winger and I'm not convinced that Jovanovic is the answer behind Torres. I'm not convinced that Roy wont play them together in a fourfourtwo. So we'd still need cover for strikers in that case anyway. Will Riera stay? Doubt it. Mascherano could be off. We only have one senior right back unless one of the kids is moved up, which could happen, but we'll need another otherwise.

How much money will Roy really have to invest in new players? Will we end up with another bunch of journeymen in those positions? Scharners and Koncheskys? I'd rather keep the ones we've got than replace them with shite.

Worth about ten I'd say. In a few years a few more than that, too, I'd imagine.

Selling him for less than six million Euros would be a gobsmacking decision, especially if it's true Masch wants out. He'd be a tailor made replacement for the little Argentine and we could use that 25m to bring in a more creative mid and a striker or whatever.

Makes no sense to sell him anyway imo. He's starting to improve and his injury record and attitude are spot on.

This and Insua stinks of the club being run by media opinion (read also Broughton's e-mail reply to that guy who e-mailed him about Rafa's sacking) and it's just rotten.

You know, in spite of all that's happened, or hasn't happened, I still wish I could see him played as an attacking midfielder for a couple of pre-season games, just so I can finally see at least a glimpse of what he might be like. Then he can go. But otherwise it'll be like a mystery without a proper ending.

We would do well to get £5m-£6m for him. Average in the Premier League but he will be much more suited to either La Liga or Serie A. Even the Bundesliga would be too quick for him.

If him and Insua went with better players coming in, we would have to consider it a very productive start to the summer.

We would do well to get £5m-£6m for him. Average in the Premier League but he will be much more suited to either La Liga or Serie A. Even the Bundesliga would be too quick for him.

If him and Insua went with better players coming in, we would have to consider it a very productive start to the summer.

Damn right mate Lucas & Insua going is a good thing for LFC, i'll say a prayer

Guest TesticleOReilly
Damn right mate Lucas & Insua going is a good thing for LFC, i'll say a prayer

Oh, well, we're sorted, then.

Be fucking delighted if he went, too good to be true though. 5 million ain't great but it is Lucas for christ sake

Who you going to replace him with for 5m? I say 5m but we know it will be 3.5m-4m with the rest going on the signing on fee.

5m for lucas is fucking ridiculous.