You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No players would be sold before we got a manager, we have now got one so its time to get rid of some of he wasters Rafa brought in.

Nothing wrong with the "club" buying and selling players, it should have happened ages ago in my opinion.

Surely the first port of call is for Hodgson to decide if he needs or wants them?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in June, Cecil says - "the only objective of the club is to find a new coach and then evaluate the whole roster of players with him"

Fast forward a few weeks, new managers in place and he says "However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don't know how advanced they are."

Cecil's been telling porkies again but that seems lost on a few in this thread.

Benayoun wanted to fuck off, he did.

Thats irrelevant - it doesn't matter if he wanted to go or not, the deal was done by someone at the club after Benitez left and before Hodgson arrived. Ignore it as much as you like but thats a fact that doesn't have to appear in any "rag". It happened.

I'm basing it on waiting to see what happens, instead of taking a bloody heart attack over what the rags say.

No you're not - almost exactly the opposite in fact, you're ignoring the fact that the Benayoun deal was completed by someone at the club while there was no manager. Doesn't matter why.

Hodgson arrived 8 weeks after Rafa told Yossi he was finished, Rafa was fired 4 weeks after he told Yossi was finished, in the mean time after been told to fuck off Yossi recieves an offer including a payrise to play for the league champions, so Yossi been 30 years old sees this as a chance for his last big move, and you really think he should have changed his mind?

All very true - but, and this is the point you are either ignoring or failing to pick up on - the deal was completed by someone at the club while we had no manager.

Agree????

the Insua situation is different if it was'nt he would have been sold 10 days ago and not returned to training, a bid was made and its up to Hodgson to decide wethere or not to take it, otherwise he would have been gone already.

Again you appear to be seeing what you want to see, Hodgson has said he will "have to talk to the club to see whats happening" with Insua. That doesn't sound much like a man who's got the final say on his players.

Hodgson knows he's on a budget so he's looking at him or thinking will I acccept this bid and replace him with a better player, again this Interview was given in Italian to an Italian radio the wording of it may be a bid odd.

Hodgson will decide this 1

By asking whoever it is at the club that's doing these deals what is happening with Insua.

• 1 year later...

Didn't know which thread to put this in.

@TonyBarretTimes:

Emiliano Insua once told me he wanted to stay at Liverpool but Purslow wanted him out. Even Roy Hodgson wanted to keep him. True story.

#LFC sold Insua for £500k, re-signed Aurelio for 2 years & bought Konchesky for £4.5m plus two make weights. Top business.

Even though things aren't great...thank god they're better. Fucking hell what a mess we were in. The fact that we had some random twat running our club is scary.

I just hope we can keep Dirk and Maxi. Dirk hasn't had a good season, and Maxi can't buy his way into the team. I love em both and hope we realize next season we'll be challenging on four fronts and need our quality and experienced players.

Saw him for Sporting the other night and cant believe how much slimmer and taller he looks.

We got rid far too soon as he hadnt even matured yet and was left exposed by our invisible left midfield at the time.

That said,maybe he just needed a change because of the stick he took at such a young age?

I didnt have a problem with him but the club was in a right mess then.