You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level," Hodgson told Radio Blu in Florence.

"However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don't know how advanced they are.

"I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I'll have to discuss that with the club."

- Roy.

"At this moment the only objective of the club is to find a new coach and then evaluate the whole roster of players with him," Purslow said.

"I cannot confirm the interest of Fiorentina for Insua, even if in Italy he is highly regarded, for example at Lazio who last season often came to view him in person.

"I don't think the player wants to leave Liverpool. When and where he'll do this request, regardless of the difficulties of the club, we'll talk.

"I exclude at the moment that everything can be resolved within a few days."

- Cecil, back in June

Nothing especially surprising, slightly disheartening that Hodgson doesn't seem to know what's going on though. 'I'm not sure how advanced talks are - I'll have to speak to the club' - yet he's met Insua, spoken to him, likes him as a player. Why doesn't he know whether he's staying or going?

Certainly indicates that who goes out is beyond his power to decide.

A lot of people speculated that this would be the case despite noises from the club and at the moment, with Benayoun gone and Insua likely to follow, there is nothing to assuage concerns.

Insua has a year left on his contract and a bid was made and the club considered it but it will be hodgsons call on wether he goes or not IMO, the interview was done in Italian so i would'nt get to caught up in the wording of it, he only has 12 months left on his contract so the bid had to be considered, £5m for him will be good buisness once it goes on a replacement,i think in the premier league pace as a fullback is essential these days and Insua is'nt gona get any faster

More reports are stating that Hodgson has little involvement or say in transfers.

Liverpool have rejected a £5million bid for Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva from Palermo; however talks are continuing between the two clubs, LFC Globe understands.

Liverpool rejected a bid for the Brazilian last week, however the two clubs are still in discussions with the Reds demanding at least £8million for the 23-year-old.

Hodgson isn't keen on losing the Brazilian, who started in 32 of 38 Premier League games last season, but is unable to influence discussions which are already in an advanced stage.Meanwhile,

Liverpool reject £5million bid - Liverpool FC

We may have just cottoned onto Purslow's latest lies and deviant behaviour?

Roy little more than a yes man? Seems so

Just to make sure, no-one here is still naive enough to believe Rafa was removed for football reasons?

So is this another Purslow lie then? No players will be sold without the manager's say so? That makes Insua, Lucas and Benayoun already being sold without Hodgson having any input.

Yossi was told by Rafa to get his agent to find a new club so he did by the time Rafa got sacked,and it was another 4 weks before Hodgson was appointed so there was 8 weeks between Rafa telling him to go and a new manager arriving and the deal was done.

The last time I checked the other 2 were still playing for us, yes a bid has been made but I dont see anywhere were Hodgson said it had been accepted, its been considered as he has 12 months left on his contract, IMO its Hodgsons call, keep him or sell him if you think you can improve on him with the fee for him

Yet they are naive enough to still believe the rags...

Naive enough to believe direct quotes from Roy

"I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level," Hodgson told Radio Blu in Florence.

"However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don't know how advanced they are.

"I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I'll have to discuss that with the club."

This isn't about believing Rags its about the fact that its a different manager and yet we are still having none football men making the decisions on who to sell and who to buy

Its ridiculous

I wasn't keen on Roy but I trust him a 1000 times over Cecil and the rest of the cunts in charge

How can you say it's not about believing rags whenever that's where you are getting your info from :wallbutt:

Nothing has happened yet

Nothing especially surprising, slightly disheartening that Hodgson doesn't seem to know what's going on though. 'I'm not sure how advanced talks are - I'll have to speak to the club' - yet he's met Insua, spoken to him, likes him as a player. Why doesn't he know whether he's staying or going?

Certainly indicates that who goes out is beyond his power to decide.

A lot of people speculated that this would be the case despite noises from the club and at the moment, with Benayoun gone and Insua likely to follow, there is nothing to assuage concerns.

The fact that Woy likes him as a player is as worrying as the fact that he has no clue, or say in who stays or leaves.

Roy has said talks started before he got here & he doesn't know anything more yet. Your reading into that far too much.

How can we read anything less

Roy has said he rates him as a player and a lad so unless the player is pushing through the sale (and if he is then it should have been announced that he has put in a transfer request) then it comes down to the little shit with the Napoleon complex he's been playing too much FM