You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

I've said it before and I'll say it Yet again shall I? HICKS is the problem.......Still; Him and that "Snake in the Grass" we know as Gillette - Oh yes, they are Both up to their eyes in with debt here, assets seized/sold there and LBO'S all over the place; A fact that partly explains just WHY they're Still at Our club and That reason? Greed of course - They want to make enough in one Huge killing and sell a particular part of their assets (guess which one?) to both clear off their debt And retain a Healthy Profit - However, they KNOW by now surely that This is unattainable for them yet Still they remain and why is this?

Well, that would be because of the Second reason they're there still and seemingly Not going - Downright blinkered Obstinacy - As Is (or Should be) clearly Obvious by now, they're BOTH stubborn as Mules, Both indifferent to public opinion with Hicks in particular having the hide of a Rhino - He drove the Texas Rangers into bankruptcy and meltdown/being auctioned off and virtually Seized off him to get him away from there in the end and yet he STILL attends their games FFS!!! With That in mind, Do you Honestly think We'll bother him or come Close to Forcing him and his Friend Out Without doing something a Bit spectacular to REALLY scare him into moving his fat backside Out of our club?

And yes by spectacular I DO mean "Direct" as in going after him/them over There, on their Own home turf; Within the US where they Still think they're invulnerable (we Should have attacked them there and punctured their 'invincibility' a LONG time ago - they'd probably have gone by now if we had); Oh, and Yes if necessary, that means SCARING Hicks into going by action, intimidation ahem persuasion, call it what you will but they had to be prodded, pushed and in the end almost Dragged kicking and screaming to the cameras Just to announce that they're now looking to sell the club.

Now it's been so long Since that announcement? Is anyone Still in any doubt of their intentions to sit tight ALAP (As Long As Possible)? Does anyone Honestly think we'll now get them out without a Further BIG attack/push on them to FORCE them over the plank we've been pushing them up for a year or so now? Of course not. They're there on the edge of that plank now and have walked most of it but guess what? They STILL haven't gone Over the edge yet. They won't either, they'll Both (Hicks in particular) cling on for Grim Death until WE, the fans do what we should have done a Long time ago and? Push them over the edge. It's down to Us alone now (what you think the Banks or Politicians will risk upsetting the USA? Wishful Thinking) and the sooner we realise that? The better for us all and the sooner they Will both be gone.

At the rate This mess is all going though? I'm beginning to think we'll Probably need some combination of Shotgun and Grenade Launcher just to Force Hicks and his Friend back to the table, never mind remove them and I'll guarantee you One thing regarding that side of it. People have already Got Very annoyed whenever Hicks has been near our fans and he's come close to being personally/physically attacked Twice last season (at the Arsenal and Bolton Home Games). I'll tell you now - if something Isn't done to FORCE those two to follow through on their thus-far empty promise to enact a sale? Then things really WILL turn violent as tempers are lost by our fans at the waiting and the realisation of what the two are REALLY up to - Who Knows just what will happen then?

In Summary? We need to FORCE some sort of endgame IMO and soon as well. That is if we want to avoid this all turning ugly and blowing up big-style in H & G's faces in a manner that will NOT reflect well on us no doubt; That is something which Is now becoming a distinct possibility if it wasn't one already. I'm not saying I'd Support such action - as the Press and Establishment would doubtless turn on us Yet again in an attempt to shut us up/tar us incorrectly Yet again if anything like that happens. All I'm saying is just that the longer we wait? The MORE likely it becomes to occur...............

Edited by Redshadow

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWS and everyone else - Doesn't Anyone know what's being done here? Don't you realise just What H & G are up to with all this waffle about 'sales' and "administrative reorganisations" of the sort that brought in first Purslow and now Broughton? FFS!!! Fuck Broughton!!! Forget About Purslow!!! Ignore Them Both - They are not the BIG targets - In fact I'd go so far as to say they were hired to be Precisely what they're apparently turning into Now - Alternative Targets to confuse us, splinter our unity, confuse the Heck out of us whilst All the time obscuring our Real targets........HICKS AND GILLETTE!!!!!

They are the ones we should concentrate and Attack like Mad until we FORCE them out. We Still aren't making their lives the Sheer HELL that they Should be until they realise they've bitten off FAR more than they can chew - Cut their losses and Damn Well Go!!! We SHOULD be hounding them at Every turn - Bombarding their local media And towns with Everything - posters, attacks via phoneins, slots on programmes where possible to detail their stories of H & G's attack on LFC and in newspapers where this Can't be done, they should have their Email Boxes utterly Swamped and demonstration after demonstration outside their working offices, their staff should be picketed and Swamped with leaflets detailing what's going on (it's not as if we're short of examples either - we got rid of Steve Cohen in the US, Why can't we do it to these two) and if all That fails? We should go after THEM!

And yes I Do mean In person - Scare them if necessary, attack them for sure in Every creative way possible and do NOT let up until they're gone - Some fans of Corinthians got ahem "Medieval" in their own way on Tom Hicks and? He was gone within 6 months WHY aren't our fans doing the same? Why are those Two odious pieces of Carrion Still Not under virtual siege as they damn well Should be by now? Well I'll tell you what; You can guarantee One thing almost as certainly as Night Follows Day; That is? Until something like what I've described above is employed against the Twin Devils? They will NOT go - How many More times? We Need ALL-OUT Guerrilla warfare against them to FORCE them out. Nothing else will work......................

Broughton spoke of first round bids which means any offer currently made to the club is non-binding so there would be little point in telling anyone what is currently happening.

I wouldn't expect any news for a couple of weeks or so if Broughton is correct on his end of August prediction.

This is what I'd like to think is the most likely situation, although with Hicks onboard I am considering the jumping off Seven Sisters scenario.

llegovski - Why Thank You my friend (Bows with a flourish :) ) I DO try - But seriously, What else is going to work? We've gone after the banks, gone after their allies, gone after them in the media, petitioned the FA, gone after Ministers on this, even "Poster Bombed" them in the US - Has Any of it had an effect? What else is left OTHER than Direct Action and all out WAR against them Both Personally? I'd love to use anything other than that.

Tell me if you know anything but I'm beginning to believe this really Won't be solved WITHOUT personal attacks (possibly even violence) of some description now - I Said that before but never really believed it but NOW? I find it not only possible, but likely as well and That is just so, so sad. However, If things carry on like THIS with that Rhino Hicks? Something Very bad might just happen in all this, but like I said - WHAT choice is left to us? He currently apparently Won't move for anything short of a Tactical Nuclear Strike and the only option now might just be an all-out sustained attack on Him being the Only thing that will move him.

Hicks has recently made that much QUITE clear to us by his lack of action, sheer inertia and downright obstinacy (he refused at least Two offers FFS!!) since the sale announcement and by doing all that? He's turning this situation quite clarly into a ticking timebomb which might just explode on him if he's not VERY careful. That's all I'm saying - Shame he doesn't share my view or he might be a bit more sensible than he has been - still He's the one who'll find out the Hard Way the way things are going now and it's No-One's fault but his OWN................

Broughton spoke of first round bids which means any offer currently made to the club is non-binding so there would be little point in telling anyone what is currently happening.

I wouldn't expect any news for a couple of weeks or so if Broughton is correct on his end of August prediction.

The end august was no prediction though. He was asked if the club would be sold by then and he said it was possible.

Now it's possible that I could have a threesome with Megan Fox and Keira Knightly, but it's not really probable. So the end of August means nothing.

No need to give specifics but what is the problem in annoucing that we have had several bids by the mid-July deadline and they are being considered.

That gives everyone confidence and maybe any wavering players a boost too.

Doesn't have to go beyond that.

but that would be illegal if there weren't any bids :whistle:

Nothings happening is it? Broughton was being extremely optomistic about the bids IMO.

Broughton has always said that the bidding process and purchase of the club would be done correctly and within the boardroom of LFC. In fact he went as far as saying that ifwe were to hear anything in the press about bids and potential purchasers then they were probably wrong.

Making anouncements now would be contrary to that position.

I think the idea that Broughton isn't smart enough to realise that, by saying how he hoped the process would progress, he's put pressure on himself to achieve it, is ludicrous. Trust him or distrust him, but some of you Sherlocks seem to think he's thicker than an infant.

He was definitely trying to convey that sense IMO. He emphasized "this is a structured process. First bids mid-july, deal closed out end august".

No he didn't say that. He said it "more a hope rather than expectaction that it could be done by the end of the transfer season".

He has never set a deadline for completing the deal.

I think the idea that Broughton isn't smart enough to realise that, by saying how he hoped the process would progress, he's put pressure on himself to achieve it, is ludicrous. Trust him or distrust him, but some of you Sherlocks seem to think he's thicker than an infant.

Spot on.

He was definitely trying to convey that sense IMO. He emphasized "this is a structured process. First bids mid-july, deal closed out end august".

But also used the word "Hopefully" - that's the plan, there's no doubt about that but it's not a promise. I think anyone who takes it s an "Auction timeline" is being a little naive.

No he didn't say that. He said it "more a hope rather than expectaction that it could be done by the end of the transfer season".

He has never set a deadline for completing the deal.

He did say what I mentioned though. As you point out he did also qualify it.

Fact is he set out with the intent of describing a structured plan with specific deliverables and milestones. Some people would use the word timetable for that same concept. As they have.

Fact is he set out with the intent of describing a structured plan with specific deliverables and milestones. Some people would use the word timetable for that same concept. As they have.

So some people would interpret his words as a "timetable" even though he didn't say that.

That's what I said.

No, he never said a deal WOULD be done by August. That's a big difference between what you claim and what he actually said.

He was specific about not being tied down to the end of August.

Even with his first round bits he said "middle of July ish". Again rooom for movement as you would expect anyone to say on such a complicated process.

Whilst the process is structured it is clear from what he actually said that there is freedom of movement both in the first round bid stage "deadline" and more importantly the final decision.

That needs to be crytstal clear so the doom mongers don't scream and shout come the end of August "we're not sold it's all a big lie, they've no intention of selling us, we're doomed".

No, he never said a deal WOULD be done by August. That's a big difference between what you claim and what he actually said.

He was specific about not being tied down to the end of August.

Even with his first round bits he said "middle of July ish". Again rooom for movement as you would expect anyone to say on such a complicated process.

Whilst the process is structured it is clear from what he actually said that there is freedom of movement both in the first round bid stage "deadline" and more importantly the final decision.

That needs to be crytstal clear so the doom mongers don't scream and shout come the end of August "we're not sold it's all a big lie, they've no intention of selling us, we're doomed".

or you could say he left himself room to move because there is nobody at the table.

Spot on that, Albertini.

I think Broughton has been surprisingly straightforward and clear about the sale process so far, so no complaints from me yet. Whether he delivers in the end remains to be seen, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.