You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Galactico

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

I am a life long Liverpool fan and a scouser. For a living I am involved in the negotiation and sales of companies. To be honest I am encouraged by the fact that there is no news in the press at the moment about bids etc. For a club the size of Liverpool it is so important that, prior to the issue of the memorandum of sale (which I believe is now available), that the club has got its self in order. Of cause I am not referring to the owners, but things like the shape of the sale of the club, the agreed valuation method and that all internal matters such as employment contracts, legals, environmental issues are all up to date. Once this has been completed only then would you put the club on the market. To be honest the first stage can be a lengthy process.

Once you are then in initial discussions with purchasers then any one brokering the deal who is worth their salt would insist on confidentially agreements. Also, you may have the situation where one offer may include an exclusivity period which may restrict the club from talking to other parties. Due diligence by a potential purchaser on a club the size of Liverpool will also take some time.

If this is done correctly, which I pray it is, the first we should know about the sale of the club is when it has all been completed.

What is just as true is the fact this process began sometime ago. I fluctuate between stoically telling myself this isn't gonna happen and being excited about competing with Citeh for top players but, realistically, it could be well underway and an announcement made shortly

What is just as true is the fact this process began sometime ago. I fluctuate between stoically telling myself this isn't gonna happen and being excited about competing with Citeh for top players but, realistically, it could be well underway and an announcement made shortly

I hope it's not a case of "competing with City for top players" to be honest. Winning because of financial doping from a wealthy sheikh would feel pretty plastic and meaningless. What I want is owners who can remove the crippling debts and invest in a stadium which will allow us to compete reasonably off our own income whilst making them a return on their investment.

Of course if they can invest in the squad to the point where it is competitive for the top four in the medium term and we are well-stocked with youngsters then that would be the cherry on top. I certainly don't want this club to become a rich man's whore flashing it's skirts around Europe though. That was never in our tradition nor should be.

Look at the profit we would be making if it wasn't for the interest payments.

Due to the size and the worldwide appeal of the club then there is money to be made, even more so with the increase in the cashflow the new stadium would make.

We could be self sufficient without the need of a sugar daddy pumping the money in but the debt around our neck is stopping us.

Well fucking done Moores and Parry.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope it's not a case of "competing with City for top players" to be honest. Winning because of financial doping from a wealthy sheikh would feel pretty plastic and meaningless. What I want is owners who can remove the crippling debts and invest in a stadium which will allow us to compete reasonably off our own income whilst making them a return on their investment.

Totally agree with this. Like coop says, take out the interest payments and we're a very profitable club.

If we're living within our means and profit is invested back into the team, then I'd be happy. Moores being in charge would still be fine if he had a commercial team working for the club who knew how to make money.

It'd be a sad day if we start throwing silly money about like City.

While you are probably correct. Do you expect updates via the forum regards bids?

Yes, why haven't you given me any???!

Joking apart, I would expect some info to leak out if there were bids made.

Maybe not who or how much, but I would be rather surprised if nothing leaked out at all from a bid.

I got the impression that we were only going to this "auction" because noone made a bid at the formal asking price.

No need to give specifics but what is the problem in annoucing that we have had several bids by the mid-July deadline and they are being considered.

That gives everyone confidence and maybe any wavering players a boost too.

Doesn't have to go beyond that.

We may not actually have any bids?

How many bids have we actually received for the club in the past 3 years?

How many parties offered investment besides the Rhone Group when the club was going down that route?

Sure, on the surface LFC seems a very attractive investment and proposition for the right price. However anyone here thinking Tom Hicks is going to give up this club easily for the right price is being very silly or is very naive.

Do any of you know what the P + L accounts look like?

Do any of you know what Hicks and Gillet want as a bare minimum?

Have any of you got any experience in investment banking, to know whether now is a good time to purchase LFC? Everyone knows whoever buys the club won't see a return on it for a very long time (Unless it's a leveraged buy out). That may not be attractive in this day and age.

Also, doesn't any bidder have to have the funds available to build the new stadium? Or have access to funds Maybe there aren't any willing to commit to that.

Once again, I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line and say I still see Tom and George here in 12 months time.

Broughton spoke of first round bids which means any offer currently made to the club is non-binding so there would be little point in telling anyone what is currently happening.

I wouldn't expect any news for a couple of weeks or so if Broughton is correct on his end of August prediction.

We may not actually have any bids?

How many bids have we actually received for the club in the past 3 years?

How many parties offered investment besides the Rhone Group when the club was going down that route?

Sure, on the surface LFC seems a very attractive investment and proposition for the right price. However anyone here thinking Tom Hicks is going to give up this club easily for the right price is being very silly or is very naive.

Do any of you know what the P + L accounts look like?

Do any of you know what Hicks and Gillet want as a bare minimum?

Have any of you got any experience in investment banking, to know whether now is a good time to purchase LFC? Everyone knows whoever buys the club won't see a return on it for a very long time (Unless it's a leveraged buy out). That may not be attractive in this day and age.

Also, doesn't any bidder have to have the funds available to build the new stadium? Or have access to funds Maybe there aren't any willing to commit to that.

Once again, I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line and say I still see Tom and George here in 12 months time.

Nail on head.

Broughton made himself a hostage to fortune when he announced his auction timetable.

No need to give specifics but what is the problem in annoucing that we have had several bids by the mid-July deadline and they are being considered.

That gives everyone confidence and maybe any wavering players a boost too.

Doesn't have to go beyond that.

If they had any bids they would shout it from the rooftops. They don't.

broughton wouldnt haven taken it on if he didnt think he'd deliver

How exactly would he know he could deliver? He would need to know who were already interested. For that information he would have to rely on H&G, Purslow and RBS. All of them had a vested interest in leading him on to think it was doable.

broughton wouldnt haven taken it on if he didnt think he'd deliver

Broughtons just doing his mate klein a favour who in turn is doing his mate hicks a favour who in turn is doing his mate purslow a favour

And THEY all live happily ever after the end...